• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

No worries.

It will be interesting how they play this out with Spider-Man: Homecoming. Are the two companies still working together on this universe or not? Articles don't have clarity on this yet.

49 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

No worries.

It will be interesting how they play this out with Spider-Man: Homecoming. Are the two companies still working together on this universe or not? Articles don't have clarity on this yet.

I can't imagine that they aren't working together.  I don't think Marvel is co-producing but one can safely reckon they'll be looking over Sony's shoulder.  Plus, there is no Venom without Spider-Man so I don't see any way the movie unfolds in a complete vacuum.  

-J.

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I can't imagine that they aren't working together.  I don't think Marvel is co-producing but one can safely reckon they'll be looking over Sony's shoulder.  Plus, there is no Venom without Spider-Man so I don't see any way the movie unfolds in a complete vacuum.  

-J.

Spidey should pick up the symbiote while fighting Thanos with the Avengers in Infinity War & bring it back to earth. I think that would tie in nicely.

Edited by chezmtghut

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

So who's making this movie, Marvel or Sony?  :taptaptap:  If it's Sony, then zzz

Everything so far has come from Sony -not Marvel. Including the director selection and the release date.

Feige would have been all over this if the production studio was Marvel

Train wreck in progress.  :fear:

And I'm a huge Venom fan, too, so it gives me no pleasure to say that.  But after seeing Sony ham-handedly force Venom upon Sam Raimi effectively forcing him to quit the series, I have little or no faith in their ability to manage these films.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

So who's making this movie, Marvel or Sony?  :taptaptap:  If it's Sony, then zzz

Sony supposedly learned their lesson after ASM 2. 

Hopefully they will at least consult Marvel before anything gets set in stone.  The two companies are supposed to be cooperating now after all. :wishluck:

-J.

9 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Sony supposedly learned their lesson after ASM 2. 

Hopefully they will at least consult Marvel before anything gets set in stone.  The two companies are supposed to be cooperating now after all. :wishluck:

-J.

If this was planned in advance to include Marvel Studios influence, they would have gone the joint press release route like was done with Spider-Man: Homecoming. That would give comfort this was buttoned up right. So far, no details about Feige or other Marvel executive opinions towards this news.

2 hours ago, quillandtankard said:

Bad idea.

I think it is a great idea in that if they can do multiple Freddy Kreuger and Jason movies they can do a Venom movie.

I would say Venom would have a Spawn horror tone which might mean Carnage would appear.

I see a trilogy of Venom movies all rated R like Deadpool and Logan.

I am sorry you don't share my enthusiasm. :foryou:

"Sony has tapped Dante Harper to pen a -script for Venom, something that is being envisioned as a franchise apart from and unrelated to the upcoming Spider-Man movie in the works with actor Tom Holland."

"Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, stewards of the Spider-Man properties, are producing and overseeing the project."

Venom is one of my Top 5 Spidey villains and I hope this flick is done right but I am not sure the "solo" route is the good way to go...How can they do Venom without Spidey? I mean, they CAN but this just seems like such an odd approach.  I have no problem with the solo franchise route but to me, the hook for general audience would be to in some way to introduce him and/or tie him to Spidey in some capacity.

...Avi's track record is not the best either...