• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, paperheart said:

wait, this wasn't $150-175MM all in? now, where did i hear that drivel? oh, yeah #mathharddogscan'tadd

hm

Could it be from the same geniuses who told you Aquaman "only"" cost $160MM? (Real price, $350MM, all in, which is actually a truly horrific $50MM higher than even the highest estimates previously made by anybody).

And remind me again what your advance all in estimates were for either movie...? 

While I wait for that, you better get busy trolling every weekend box office chart Boscoe has ever posted and trying to pencil out how spider-verse was profitable theatrically with its ~$200MM all in and $375MM worldwide gross.  lol

#realgeniusesdontknowwhattheword"estimate"meansandneverrealizewhentheyarehurtingtheirownargumentsorwhenalamejokelikethisonehasrunitscourse

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

54 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

hm

Could it be from the same geniuses who told you Aquaman "only"" cost $160MM? (Real price, $350MM, all in, which is actually a truly horrific $50MM higher than even the highest estimates previously made by anybody).

And remind me again what your advance all in estimates were for either movie...? 

While I wait for that, you better get busy trolling every weekend box office chart Boscoe has ever posted and trying to pencil out how spider-verse was profitable theatrically with its ~$200MM all in and $375MM worldwide gross.  lol

#realgeniusesdontknowwhattheword"estimate"meansandneverrealizewhentheyarehurtingtheirownargumentsorwhenalamejokelikethisonehasrunitscourse

-J.

The Aquaman production budget was $200MM, the aforementioned table is crooked and needs another $40MM to prop up one leg (Aquaman) and another $50MM to prop up another (Justice League). The NY Times reported the $350MM Aquaman all in on December 23, 2018,  Congrats on getting someone to read you an article from the New York Times. Keep hallucinating that theatrical profitability is what ultimately matters, the bottom line that Deadline does its best to get right drives studios decisions. #wrongandcan'tbetaughtspecialskill

Edited by paperheart

15 minutes ago, paperheart said:

The Aquaman production budget was $200MM, the aforementioned table is crooked and needs another $40MM to prop up one leg (Aquaman) and another $50MM to prop up another (Justice League). The NY Times reported the $350MM Aquaman all in on December 23, 2018,  Congrats on getting someone to read you an article from the New York Times. Keep hallucinating that theatrical profitability is what ultimately matters, the bottom line that Deadline does its best to get right drives studios decisions. #wrongandcan'tbetaughtspecialskill

#thankscaptainobvious (thumbsu

-J.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:49 PM, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

So glad I was at Disneyworld when this 'contest of the mighty minds' took place.

I had noted early on $160m-$200m was the rumored range, though sites like the-numbers, IMDb, Screenrant and others were sticking with the original $160m. And that Deadline would sort it out when Gatsby asked.

#nowbacktoyourcontestofchampions (: