• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

VENOM Actress Michelle Williams Seemingly Confirms Her Role In The SPIDER-MAN Spin-Off

156420.jpg

Some time before Michelle Williams was added to the cast of Sony's Venom, it was reported that the movie would feature a character from the comics named Ann Weying, a.k.a. She-Venom. All we were told about Williams' role is that she was playing an attorney and possible love interest for Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock, but that seemed like enough to go on.

Now, Williams herself appears to have left little doubt during an interview with ScreenRant:

SR: Is Venom comparable to anything else you’ve done previously, and what can you tell us about Anne Weying?

Michelle Williams: I’ve done one other movie where I was asked to track a tennis ball with my eyes and pretend it was a giant creature thing. Not my favorite thing in the world to do, but it is a skill set and I’m trying to learn it. And uh, she’s, geez, what can I tell you? Not too much right now.

In the comics, Ann bonds with the Venom symbiote when she's shot by Sin-Eater and briefly becomes She-Venom before tragedy strikes.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

(thumbsu...:applause:

Venom.thumb.jpg.c6c3793b198125fcee19b12d50997866.jpg

I saw that earlier, though the report noted it hadn't been tied to the movie just yet. But why else would someone put so much time into such a detailed version of Venom?

29 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I saw that earlier, though the report noted it hadn't been tied to the movie just yet. But why else would someone put so much time into such a detailed version of Venom?

Mikkel Frandsen's work is featured in various movies.  The Venom work is currently on his webpage and his work experience section currently says "2017: "Unannounced Title (2018)" Creature Artist".

So while it has not been officially linked to the Venom movie, we can only hope this concept that he created comes to fruition because it looks fantastic!

21 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Mikkel Frandsen's work is featured in various movies.  The Venom work is currently on his webpage and his work experience section currently says "2017: "Unannounced Title (2018)" Creature Artist".

So while it has not been officially linked to the Venom movie, we can only hope this concept that he created comes to fruition because it looks fantastic!

Yes it does.  :x

Is it weird that I got a little turned on by it ? :shy:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

IGN big reveal this week just happened!  Did you all watch it?!?!?!?  Were you giddy with anticipation?!?!?!

Well it was a dud.  Not even going to paste the link so they can get extra views.  You want to see it just go to Youtube and put in "IGN Venom".

I'm so sick of click bate, overhyped videos, teases for trailers, and comic death gimmicks (yes, I still am sore about the Death Of Supermanlol).

25 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I'm so sick of click bate, overhyped videos, teases for trailers, and comic death gimmicks (yes, I still am sore about the Death Of Supermanlol).

Unfortunately "death of..." has a much more impactful ring than "temporary incapacitation for marketing purposes of...". 

12 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Honestly, that makes it all the more disappointing.  I'm truly excited about the Venom storyline.  I love Lethal Protector.  But if you're gonna make it part of the MCU then it should be the Amazing Spider-man #300 origin story.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Honestly, that makes it all the more disappointing.  I'm truly excited about the Venom storyline.  I love Lethal Protector.  But if you're gonna make it part of the MCU then it should be the Amazing Spider-man #300 origin story.

There's just not enough details yet. It could be some 300 origin then leading into the LP storyline.  Either way Spider-Man is a significant part of that storyline so I'm not sorry to hear he's going to be in It, even if it's just a little.  :tink:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Rumor update: Tom Holland to appear in ‘Venom’ as Peter Parker, not Spider-Man

The hot rumor of the week is evolving, slightly. After reporting on Collider Movie Talk that “Spider-Man, and I’m talking about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, is gonna be in Venom,” Jon Schnepp is modifying the rumor. Now he says that Tom Holland is in the movie, but as Peter Parker and not in his Spidey costume.

Schnepp adjusted his Collider Movie Talk report on the latest episode of Collider Heroes.

“Tom Holland was on set filming scenes on Venom for at least two days as Peter Parker. Ok, so I’m not saying that Spider-Man is in the film. When I say that Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is in the film, I’m saying ‘Peter Parker is in the film. This is a cameo. I don’t know what it is. I didn’t read the -script.”

Whether Peter Parker wears his red and blue Underoos or not, the biggest impact of this rumor remains the same. If Tom Holland is in Venom as Peter Parker, or Spider-Man (or both), his presence effectively connects the film to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That would mean Sony Pictures either got Marvel Studios’ permission to connect the film to the MCU, or since Sony doesn’t need any permission to put Tom Holland in any movie they make, they are doing this without the approval of Marvel Studios. If it’s the latter, Sony could placing a very valuable business relationship at risk.

'Venom': Jenny Slate And Scott Haze's Characters May Have Been Revealed

Another piece of the mystery about the Venom movie's plotline may have just been solved, as the latest character reveals seem to say a whole lot about the larger plot of the film. MCU Exchange is reporting that they have information on who actors Jenny Slate and Scott Haze are playing: Dora Skirth and Roland Treece, respectively.

Slate's character isn't one tied to Marvel Comics lore - rather, it's thought that she's an amalgamation of several minor characters. However, her position is of relevance: Skrith is reportedly a scientist at the Life Foundation, the villainous organization from the iconic Venom comic book miniseries, "Lethal Protector." Haze's character, Roland Treece, plays a direct role in "Lethal Protector": he's on the Life Foundation's Board of Director's alongside Carlton Drake (Rogue One actor Riz Ahmed).

In "Lethal Protector", Drake and Treece are part of a plot to have Veonom kidnapped, so that "spawns" of his symbiote suit could be extracted, and fitted onto loyal Life Foundation soldiers. The organization's entire hook is providing wealthy clients with advanced survivalist gear and tech that will carry them through the apocalypse, and the symbiote suit is seen as the ultimate tool to further that objective.