• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What moderns are you reading?

45 posts in this topic

The best reads: Outcast, Saga, Invincible, Goddamned, Black Science, Paper Girls, Rebels, Southern Bastards, Walking Dead, Wayward.

The rest: ASM, Providence, Thor, East of West, Archie, Autumnlands, Hawkeye, Dr Strange, Fuse, Rumble, Sex Crims, Violent.

The Goddamned looks good

East of west sort of on autopilot with this one im really stuck in what happens next mode and the artwork is nice.

Totally awesome hulk. Didnt think i would like it but fun book

Spider-man. This one seems like it can get good only on issue 2

Old man logan opened really good but starting to seem like more of a marvel team up featuring old man logan then a old man logan tittle......basically i need some more solo logan less "surprise" guest.

Power rangers. Very new but has potential for fans but idk how someone who never watched a show would feel about it.

I never watched the show, always thought it looked a bit cheesy. But I must say I have enjoyed the two issues out thus far.

The best reads: Outcast, Saga, Invincible, Goddamned, Black Science, Paper Girls, Rebels, Southern Bastards, Walking Dead, Wayward.

The rest: ASM, Providence, Thor, East of West, Archie, Autumnlands, Hawkeye, Dr Strange, Fuse, Rumble, Sex Crims, Violent.

The Goddamned looks good

The Goddammed has been rock solid thus far. It's not in my top 5 yet, but it has potential.

Reading much less than I was a year ago, 2 years ago, 3 years ago:

Nailbiter

Walking Dead

Postal

The Black Hood

The Hangman

Invisible Republic (3 issues behind, have them just gotta knock 'em out in 1 shot)

Sanitarium

Deadpool

There just hasn't been a whole lot that's excited me of late. I'll faithfully get The Bunker and Lady Killer when they come back, Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth, Clone and Bedlam if they ever come back

What's the best X book out there right now to read?

Right now I'm just reading TWD and Southern Bastards. Looking to get back into superhero stuff though and miss my x books.

Just started again with the X-books, I had not read any of them since the Onslaught days. So I've been playing catch up on Marvel Unlimited. Morrison's New X-Men run was fantastic.

As for new stuff, I've been enjoying Uncanny X-Men, Old Man Logan and Extraordinary X-Men. All New Wolverine is okay but I've dropped it and I'm just going to read it on Marvel Unlimited. Haven't even touched All New X-Men, but I'll read it on Marvel Unlimited.

Extraordinary and Uncanny X-men have been really disappointing for me. I'm reading them, but they need to improve quickly. Most disappointed with Extraordinary based on the "creative" team.

Old Man Logan is good enough. I'm actually more interested in getting past this checklist storyline to see what's next.

Patrick

Trying to read anything Black Mask. Other series I like are:

The Woods

Southern Bastards

Birthright

East of West

Five Ghosts

Manifest Destiny

Saga

They're not like us

Spread

Pretty Deadly

Postal

Outcast

Nailbiter

And more....

Edit: Oh, and Revival. :blush:

Revival is still going? I sold my run of the first 13 issues way back in 2014.

Revival is still terrific -- up until the new story arc.

The new story arc focuses on secondary characters.

Aside from finding some creative way of connecting all the pieces, I think the focus on secondary characters is a poor decision this late (~10 issues left).

I Hate (F***) Fairyland

Fight Club 2

Deadpool

Spiderman/DP

The Walking Dead

Fairyland blows my mind, I didn't see anyone else mention it...what's up with that? And Fight Club 2 has been muy exelente! and I will miss it when it ends this month. It was definetely a blessing from the anarchist gods.