• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the biggest hole in your collection?
3 3

118 posts in this topic

This is easy for me.  AF15 and ASM1...  Despite the advice of many to go ahead and buy an AF15 first then the ASM1 then the rest of the ASM run keys, I did it backwards.  So I have most of the big keys but not the two most important.  With the money I spent on those books I could've had a nice mid-grade AF15.  I've had more fun doing it this way though!  :)  

On 3/8/2016 at 9:17 PM, marvelmaniac said:

Sad Sack Complimentary Comics 12 (VG 4.0 - VF 8.0 Raw)

(Would complete the run of 1-40 and complete all of my Sad Sack runs)

Still looking and will probably never get one since my research shows #12 never existed.

Until somebody in the know can confirm that 100% the search continues.

20 hours ago, comicquant said:

This is easy for me.  AF15 and ASM1...  Despite the advice of many to go ahead and buy an AF15 first then the ASM1 then the rest of the ASM run keys, I did it backwards.  So I have most of the big keys but not the two most important.  With the money I spent on those books I could've had a nice mid-grade AF15.  I've had more fun doing it this way though!  :)  

I did this also.though I did buy ASM 1 right out the gate.looking back to 2013 I should of gotten AF 15. But I do like have all those SA marvel runs nearly complete.and I have owned AF15 before.

well, there are a couple...

but the most maddening is Doom Patrol 115. there's one 9.8 in the census and three 9.4s.  that's it.  for a 1967 DC.  go figure.

15 minutes ago, Sal said:

well, there are a couple...

but the most maddening is Doom Patrol 115. there's one 9.8 in the census and three 9.4s.  that's it.  for a 1967 DC.  go figure.

That's an awesome cover.  I bought a CGC 9.0 and cracked it out, but it's only a legitimate 9.0.

My biggest holes in my collection are to find a nice mid-grade Action 252 and Archie 50 for my collection. Bugged me  a lot and that motives me into hunting mode than ever before. 

Oh, I do have many other holes but they are easier to find and not too much trouble. But these two ... :frustrated:lol