• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alien 5 2018
1 1

162 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Darkowl said:

They should have gone with a different ending.

Spoiler

The feeling I got when they "revealed" it was David was the same I got at the end of Matrix 2 when you find out Agent Smith is in the human's body on the ship.  That sense of artificial dread that scares no one and makes you just shake your head.

Sounding like a hypocrite, I caught this one this afternoon.

It wasn’t awful enough to justify the second week 71% drop, but it wasn’t too original either.

It was overly-familiar, right down to the crew mysteriously separating to the Jerry Goldsmith musical-cues of space-ship entering planetary atmospheres.

There was definitely moments, but a lot cheated opportunities with the cast from Prometheus.

The CG of the back-bursters look sufficiently fakey, only redeemed by the return of the xenomorph aliens.

I see myself watching this again sometime the road, but not like when I had to watch Prometheus again the day after.

Two and a half stars out of four.