• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alien 5 2018
1 1

162 posts in this topic

I was referring to Weaver and Biehn, I don't think Cameron is even entitled to an opinion if he did read the -script. Neil Bloomkamp is who came up with it and is directing.

I haven't seen Terminator Genysis

"The basic idea is acting like ALIEN3 and 4 never existed"

Thank God.

Wait, so we're supposed to ignore the fact that #3 was never made, and that no one cares about moving forward with the prequel started with Prometheus (not that it was stellar, but cmon).

This is a 100% train wreck.

Thank God.

Wait, so we're supposed to ignore the fact that #3 was never made, and that no one cares about moving forward with the prequel started with Prometheus (not that it was stellar, but cmon).

The Prequel has it's own sequel that is currently shooting, Noomi Rapace was the last hold out and she is now on board.

And yes, 3 and 4 is a total trainwreck.

Thank God.

You see this a lot with horror movies.

Remember Halloween's H2O retconned #3-6 into non-existence (actually #4 erased #3 before that.)

I watched Texas Chainsaw last night. It politely asked you to forget about #2-4 as well as the reboots, while it acted as a direct sequel to the original.

This thread needs a list.

#1. Aliens-four stars

#2. Alien-four stars

#3. Aliens Director Cut-great, but feels like padding in places

#4. Alien Director's Cut-not much new

#5. Prometheus-long awaited thank you for the fans

#6. Alien3 Workprint- the right tone

#7. Alien Resurrection-better without the padding

#8. Alien vs. Predator Unrated-better than PG-13

#9. Alien3-stylish, but unwatchable now

#10 Alien Resurrection Special Edition-needless additions

#11 Alien vs. Predator: Requiem-zero stars

I absolutely hated when the changes were made to Alien 3. I dunno how anyone could take a movie seriously enough to complain whether the alien comes out of a dog or a cow. That remake was just stupid

Thank God.

Remember Halloween's H2O retconned #3-6 into non-existence (actually #4 erased #3 before that.)

I watched Texas Chainsaw last night. It politely asked you to forget about #2-4 as well as the reboots, while it acted as a direct sequel to the original.

Lets not forget New Nightmare. That was terrible

I enjoyed them all, but of course the first two Alien movies are the best. I'd definitely put Prometheus over 3 and 4.

I wasn't a fan of Prometheus but I totally agree. 3 and 4 shouldn't have been made. At least, that way.

I absolutely hated when the changes were made to Alien 3. I dunno how anyone could take a movie seriously enough to complain whether the alien comes out of a dog or a cow. That remake was just stupid
It wasn't just that to me, there was less of an urgency to the plot and more of desperate isolation theme in the tone, like Carpenter's Thing. Everyone there was absolutely doomed. What ruined some of that was the MTV jump cuts of the creature's POV.

It wasn't just that to me, there was less of an urgency to the plot and more of desperate isolation theme in the tone, like Carpenter's Thing. Everyone there was absolutely doomed. What ruined some of that was the MTV jump cuts of the creature's POV.

Agreed. That was totally unnecessary. They gave it eyes. Totally ruined the mythos for me

Thank God.

Lets not forget New Nightmare. That was terrible

Great opening, but got bogged down in boring cliches, instead of breaking down the 4th wall like Craven did in Scream. Take away the supernatural and gore, this could play on Lifetime as your typical mom and child in jeopardy tv movie. lol

Looks like we're finally getting the sequel we've been waiting 20 years for. This is a prequel correct? So we still have alien 5 after this?

Correct. This is a prequel to Alien but a sequel to Prometheus. We're still going to get Prometheus 3 to roumd out the trilogy before Alien 5 will ever come out. So far I like the alien design very big chapish.

Looks like we're finally getting the sequel we've been waiting 20 years for. This is a prequel correct? So we still have alien 5 after this?

Correct. This is a prequel to Alien but a sequel to Prometheus. We're still going to get Prometheus 3 to roumd out the trilogy before Alien 5 will ever come out. So far I like the alien design very big chapish.

Good news. The trailer looks impressive. I hope this is more sci-for horror and doesn't try to be too deep of a movie. Prometheus was entertaining but not what I was looking for in a prequel.

Edited by FormerReader

Good news. The trailer looks impressive. I hope this is more sci-for horror and doesn't try to be too deep of a movie. Prometheus was entertaining but not what I was looking for in a prequel.

Exactly. At this point I would be fine with them using the original Alien formula. The series has just been so bad.

So similar to what they did with Star Wars.

Prometheus --> Covenant --> Prometheus 2 --> Alien --> Aliens --> Alien 3 --> Alien: Resurrection --> Alien 5

I love these movies but haven't really followed the timeline like I have with Star Wars.