• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alien 5 2018
1 1

162 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2016 at 5:09 PM, AnthaiHERO said:

I have a feeling it's going to be an end scene and there will be two types of aliens. One from the spore that results in the back burster (neomorph) and the traditional face hugger xenomorph (alien). Lastly, I think we're led to believe the traditional one is in the movie particularly with the shower scene and movie poster, but in reality it'll be the new back burster.

Looks like I was wrong. New trailer is up! Love it!

https://youtu.be/svnAD0TApb8

Edited by AnthaiHERO

11 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

I wish they'd stopped after Aliens. This just looks like Scott's 'Force Awakens.'

I have been getting that same feeling with not only this,but many of the upcoming sequels. Seems like they are basically the same movie,but dressed up a little different plot-wise with now more advanced CGI special effects. Really most of them are soft reboots for new audiences(younger generation and foreign markets). Nothing wrong with that,but it will be interesting to see how they perform at the box office. I guess we shall see. One thing though is Scott hasn't let me down yet. He usually delivers a good movie. The rest of the other sequels might not be as lucky.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

39 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Anyone see this yet?   I haven't.   Reviews?   Haven't heard much (anything) about it.  

I don't think it is out in North America until the 18th

Even if it sucks I will still watch it - just because of how good Aliens was :)

32 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

I don't think it is out in North America until the 18th

Even if it sucks I will still watch it - just because of how good Aliens was :)

Oh man, I'm a dope.   lol   I saw some reviews online and figured it was out. 

I don't pay much attention to release dates or movie commercials. 

The reviews are pretty set with 112 positive and 34 negative on Rotten Tomatoes--apparently it's decent.  I enjoyed Prometheus, but since so many people complained about the dumb stuff Ridley Scott added like the biologist who felt inanely compelled to touch that worm-monster and all of the good stuff Damon Lindelof added that people didn't piece together yet felt oddly compelled to incorrectly point out that the puzzle pieces didn't exist for them to ever figure it out, I'm guessing this movie is pretty much nothing like it.  I'm guessing the film just wraps the Prometheus concept up semi-early in the film and moves on to Alien human-chasing somewhere around the midpoint.

Just got back. It was OK. Not great. Not even really good. Maybe it's just impossible to live up to Alien and Aliens at this point. One thing really really annoyed me. There is stuff from the trailers not in the movie. And they had a very long preview when I went three weeks to see Alien for the one night showing. Lots of stuff in that preview not in the actual movie. It was only three weeks ago. WTF? That didn't help. I kept waiting for certain scenes and trying to piece things together in my head. But it turns out I couldn't because some of it didn't happen. 

14 hours ago, wombat said:

Just got back. It was OK. Not great. Not even really good. Maybe it's just impossible to live up to Alien and Aliens at this point. One thing really really annoyed me. There is stuff from the trailers not in the movie. And they had a very long preview when I went three weeks to see Alien for the one night showing. Lots of stuff in that preview not in the actual movie. It was only three weeks ago. WTF? That didn't help. I kept waiting for certain scenes and trying to piece things together in my head. But it turns out I couldn't because some of it didn't happen. 

Disappointed to hear this...?

Do they keep stuff like this out just so they can include it in the DVD release?

Edited by Jayman

After a day to think about the movie perhaps I was a bit harsh. It was still disappointing, but not a bad movie. And it did answer some questions. Caused some confusion as well. 

The movie was great! Lots of fun and it helped explain Prometheus and furthered that story as well. Characters and pacing in this one much better than Prometheus. Ridley Scott still has it and can't wait to see where he goes next in this franchise (which if I'm not mistaken is being called Alien: Awakening last I heard.)

I saw it yesterday and I found it to be OK. it does show you the true origin of the Alien species by adding a lot more to it but not showing you everything about the species. what bug me the most is that I was able to predict a lot of the movie. I'll watch it again but not in the theater I'll wait until it comes out.  

4 hours ago, Red84 said:

Just saw it.  It was meh.  I liked Prometheus a lot more than this one.  While Prometheus had its dumb moments it was at least interesting.  This one felt like filler and

Reveal hidden contents

I saw the twist a mile a way.

Spoiler

You and 99.9% of everyone else. Just seems like they weren't trying that hard.