• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman / Superman Polybagged Signed Editions

55 posts in this topic

Remember, DC will not make a statement on these sketched or signed editions because of US lottery and gambling laws.

Which again is why they wouldnt have made an arrangement with CGC that would allow them to not be in green slabs.

Kisses.

I'm interested in this as I have an Avatar book signed by Alan Moore on s/s. I can't see Moore himself ever sending anything to CGC directly and there ain't no CGC witnesses in his house in Northampton :) ... so how the heck did the Avatar book end up with a yellow label?

Remember, DC will not make a statement on these sketched or signed editions because of US lottery and gambling laws.

Which again is why they wouldnt have made an arrangement with CGC that would allow them to not be in green slabs.

Kisses.

I'm interested in this as I have an Avatar book signed by Alan Moore on s/s. I can't see Moore himself ever sending anything to CGC directly and there ain't no CGC witnesses in his house in Northampton :) ... so how the heck did the Avatar book end up with a yellow label?

I'm not sure why Avatar wouldn't have been able to have an employee vetted as a witness at the signing. They were clearly all submitted under their account...

Kisses.

I'm not sure why Avatar wouldn't have been able to have an employee vetted as a witness at the signing. They were clearly all submitted under their account...

We pay Contract Authorized Witnesses for their time and they have no monetary interest in the books being signed.

So a "CGC Contract Authorized Witness" can also be an employee of a publisher but the publisher does not have a direct agreement with CGC, got you. hm

Did some more digging and there was another thread on the DKIII books:

Because the DKIII covers were ordered separately, not randomly inserted in bags. And the sketches were authorized to CGC SS by Jim Lee himself and his art rep??

I know some of the shop owners who have them SSd. They specifically requested the books be sent to CGC and it was honored. The question has to be asked before it can be answered.

I know a shop owner who specifically asked CGC, before the books shipped, and was told no. It's a shame they weren't informed to have DC mail in the book, I never thought DC would trouble with that. Live and learn, I guess...

Why would DC Mail in the book if CGC had no agreement with DC to recognise the books on S/S?

Even if we assume Jim Lee sent them in directly he is the "Co-Publisher of DC Entertainment" so how can you separate a private sketch submission from Lee to CGC, which is in fact a huge dollar value 1:5000 sketch edition commissioned by DC for retailers?

Would be good to know exactly what happened in both cases (Moore and Lee) and if any witnesses were actually involved at all as I'm not convinced from what I know from Avatar.

Regardless of the above (which is more concerned with direct submissions from publishers, artists and writers without witnesses) I agree that any of these Batman Superman #30 Signature Editions submitted by the public will get a Green Qualified (un-witnessed signature) label from CGC if submitted.

3 total on eBay, one of which supposedly sold for $400 and change.

On another note, a friend of mine pulled a Henry Cavill Photo Cover signed by Zach Snyder. We've been looking for info/odds on that one but nothing yet.

Pics?

IMG_63301_zpsqjcj5nsl.jpg

Great find! :)

Hey everyone! I am the owner of the Henry Cavill (Superman) cover, signed by Zack Snyder. I just wanted to clarify that I found it in a Batman/Superman #30 polybag.

Why do you have my comic...........?