• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

Oh, there was more risk than you would think, I actually I almost lost the book.

I originally offered him $8. He countered with $10. Then I countered with $9. He then declined without a counter. So I was like "dang, I could have gotten it for $10," and shot him another best offer for $10 and got the book.

But hey all's good and I have my $2.

We’ve all been there, and sometimes it results in regret!!!

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I've had a seller that had 3 NM copies of Shazam #1 for $30 each w bo. I offered 20 each he declined and relisted it for 120 each minutes later 

Oof, that's rough.

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yup I was never a big fan of that book and already spent a lot of money that week on books so said it is what it is. But it does kinda suck when u see the price change lol 

Yeah I remember purchasing a lot of 2 books, JLA #1 and B&B 30. (JLA 1 was complete but coverless, and 30 was about a 3.0) It was listed for $100. A pretty good price mind you. I messaged the seller for more pics. They sent, pics and I purchased the books. After purchasing I realized the seller sent me an offer (on my other eBay account where I messaged them) for $75. I already purchased the item for $100 and messaged the seller asking if they would be willing to still give me the $25 discount. I obviously got no response.

But hey still got an alright deal.

11 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

Yeah I remember purchasing a lot of 2 books, JLA #1 and B&B 30. (JLA 1 was complete but coverless, and 30 was about a 3.0) It was listed for $100. A pretty good price mind you. I messaged the seller for more pics. They sent, pics and I purchased the books. After purchasing I realized the seller sent me an offer (on my other eBay account where I messaged them) for $75. I already purchased the item for $100 and messaged the seller asking if they would be willing to still give me the $25 discount. I obviously got no response.

But hey still got an alright deal.

lol that does suck. It's not about the money just about the winning margin 

14 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

on my other eBay account

Why do people have more than one account? I've seen others say they have more than one account also. I only have one ... should I have another? (Am I doing something wrong?)

Just now, Gaard said:

Why do people have more than one account? I've seen others say they have more than one account also. I only have one ... should I have another? (Am I doing something wrong?)

I have Two accounts because I use my wife’s account eBay linked  the accounts without me doing anything so I began to use that one as well

14 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Some people do it because you get 50 free listings a month per account. I think you can have up to 4 accounts for one PayPal address.

Finally picked up a copy of Swamp Thing #1 for $34. Not a bad price given even the condition stated of FR 1.0.  However, after looking at the scans, and reading the description (complete and attached, just a couple of large-ish tears, and a corner missing from the BC), I can't see how its not at least a 2.0. 

I guess we'll have to see after the book arrives.

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 7.09.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 7.10.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 7.10.47 PM.png

Edited by HuddyBee

6 hours ago, Gaard said:

I have a few accounts for selling and one for buying. While I'd love to think that all sellers are honest the reality is quite different and every once in a while you get a dishonest seller who either doesn't ship/ships late or way waaaay overgrades. I once dealt with a very well known seller who (I won't mention his name here, but you probably will all know who he is just by describing the situation) made an effort to email me personally when I simply returned an item I didn't agree on the grade with. I didn't leave nor threatened leaving a bad feedback, simply returned the item for item not as described. So he emails me through the email associated with the PayPal account and told me he would do the same with my store if I returned the book. I was shocked that he went to that length, assuming he is a well known seller and sells many many books. Since then I seperated my store from my shopping account. 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:15 PM, HuddyBee said:

Finally picked up a copy of Swamp Thing #1 for $34. Not a bad price given even the condition stated of FR 1.0.  However, after looking at the scans, and reading the description (complete and attached, just a couple of large-ish tears, and a corner missing from the BC), I can't see how its not at least a 2.0. 

I guess we'll have to see after the book arrives.

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 7.09.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 7.10.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 7.10.47 PM.png

I grabbed a Swamp Thing #1 on eBay for fifteen bucks three years ago. I made a best offer and, to my surprise, the seller accepted it immediately. The original price was $24.99, but I took a chance with these being the only pictures in the listing:

1249809675_ST1(1).jpg.135b5455bbde0101e5d8a92780b5f4fd.jpg2138761761_ST1(2).jpg.af0a5d91948fcf4e5de8703c55cb7d8c.jpg

The tear is less noticeable when unfolded.

1081293578_SwampThing1_1.thumb.jpg.125477a4209058ef280b55bdacce3ef3.jpg1478158795_SwampThing1_2.thumb.jpg.92cd83c1ac11805cc880499495dc2b0b.jpg

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

6 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

I grabbed a Swamp Thing #1 on eBay for fifteen bucks three years ago. I made a best offer and, to my surprise, the seller accepted it immediately. The original price was $24.99, but I took a chance with these being the only pictures in the listing:

Not bad for $15. Low grade copies are pretty cheap even now. I'm thinking of picking up another copy if prices start to go up with the new TV show out.

And hopefully I can find a copy of HOS 92 someday.

Edited by HuddyBee