• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Currently $99 gpa although something tells me that’s going down. 9 hours up and back to ‘Cuse today. Definitely hauled a larger U-Haul than needed. Here’s a picture of about 70% of the collection.  OO is 54 and didn’t start really collecting until 1984, which is about the year I stopped buying new books  Comics, mags, books, posters and movie posters. Looking through first box these 9/11 Spideys sort of jumped out at me. 

4CB371DC-EC46-4AB3-B46D-DE7FD1AE55C8.jpeg

80D4C284-C016-459B-8BEE-92699AFF9587.jpeg

Nice. Gonna be fun digging through em. 
was not a fun day out on the road today ugh

11 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Currently $99 gpa although something tells me that’s going down. 9 hours up and back to ‘Cuse today. Definitely hauled a larger U-Haul than needed. Here’s a picture of about 70% of the collection.  OO is 54 and didn’t start really collecting until 1984, which is about the year I stopped buying new books  Comics, mags, books, posters and movie posters. Looking through first box these 9/11 Spideys sort of jumped out at me. 

4CB371DC-EC46-4AB3-B46D-DE7FD1AE55C8.jpeg

80D4C284-C016-459B-8BEE-92699AFF9587.jpeg

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Nice score. Serious question. How do you know when, for instance, a 9.4 that lays flat with sharp corners could get a 9.8 with a press?  When the difference between making and losing money on slabbing is whether it comes back a 9.4 or 9.6 it’s a vexing question.  As far as the results of my purchase. Some valuable books that deserve slabbing and thousands that are worthy of slabbing if I could guarantee 9.6 or better. The condition is excellent and the scope of the collection is broad. The OO was no kid when he was buying books. Tons of high grade magazines, hardcover first editions. Of note are the large amount of newsstand books including a spawn run to well into the 100’s. Still going through it but lots of fun. 

2E3E576C-ECF4-45F9-BAA5-F94032CF1460.jpeg

:whee: Sounds like it is fun!

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Nice score. Serious question. How do you know when, for instance, a 9.4 that lays flat with sharp corners could get a 9.8 with a press?  When the difference between making and losing money on slabbing is whether it comes back a 9.4 or 9.6 it’s a vexing question.  As far as the results of my purchase. Some valuable books that deserve slabbing and thousands that are worthy of slabbing if I could guarantee 9.6 or better. The condition is excellent and the scope of the collection is broad. The OO was no kid when he was buying books. Tons of high grade magazines, hardcover first editions. Of note are the large amount of newsstand books including a spawn run to well into the 100’s. Still going through it but lots of fun. 

2E3E576C-ECF4-45F9-BAA5-F94032CF1460.jpeg

Nice looking books, sounds like quite a score with a nice variety of books, well done sir

As far as the press issue is concerned, I only press books that are not flat or have a little bit of a curl to them, I am not a pro by any means but I think thats when it counts the most.

With moderns I set up a pre-screen to 9.8 if it comes back rejected I list it as NM raw and call it a day, theres your $5 loss. 

Those ASM 225s were friggin mint, seriously, some of the pages were stuck as these copies were never read. Flat and sharp, if youd see them youd know these are 9.8s. Some other books are questionable at which point I give them a quick press. 

24 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Might have to track McFarland down and get my first SS slab on the top one. 

CGC is doing one now for one flat fee..... $89 not pressed and something like $94 for a press......were you can save some $$

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7862/

Other answers and questions here :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM