• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

OK Fine Ill continue

Spectre 54

And last one for today

drum roll please....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221988905528?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't understand why either one of those went so low, am i missing something? the spectre 54 is a pretty regular $15-$40 book. i don't know where ms. marvel 1-3 were a couple of months ago, but they were certainly not $5 total. i know it is "ms" and not "ms.", but a search for "ms." brings up other mistitled "ms" auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ms-Marvel-1-High-grade-/301881033727?hash=item46498303ff:g:LA8AAOSwPc9Wzl8J

Don't moderns rise and fall like the 90s chromium books? Except for a few does anyone think a book that went from $4 cover price to $50 in a week is going to hold value/rise?

I'm seeing deja vu from the 90s here am I the only one?

weird.gif

Please maintain thread integrity, I clicked your link and there was a BIN listed under "more chances to get what you want" for 10 dollars less.

:rulez:

Shoot, sorry about that, not my intention at all buddy. Let's try this pic instead.

s-l500.jpg

Jerome

Don't moderns rise and fall like the 90s chromium books? Except for a few does anyone think a book that went from $4 cover price to $50 in a week is going to hold value/rise?

the main difference is that we are usually dealing with small print runs relative to the 90s. the typical book that gets hot now would have been an ultra limited edition (from the big two at least) book in the early 90s. the 90s didn't make sense when every dealer had 100 copies of Punishr War Journal 7, Darkhawk 9 and X-O 14 (or whatever else) behind the table. No way they were "really" $10+ books. Now the market is fairly "honest" in that inventory is all out there for sale on the interwebs.

unclear whether the # of collectors spending $__ a month (let's adjust for inflation) is more or less now than in 1993. obviously many more stores existed then and many more new comics were selling. but ebay alone has 2 million+ back issue listings at any given time. that's a lot of comic shops' inventories.

I was pretty happy with both of these

GIC 139 Mass

Showcase 89

Not really big books, but they felt like stealing. :cool:

Great wins!! esp that showcase book :applause:

Thanks - the GIC is bigger to me, as that issue is very, very difficult to find over 9.0. Heck, I was thrilled when I found a 9.0. I haven't received the slab yet, though, so don't know whether it will be a real 9.4 or carp-in-a-slab.

the main difference is that we are usually dealing with small print runs relative to the 90s. the typical book that gets hot now would have been an ultra limited edition (from the big two at least) book in the early 90s. the 90s didn't make sense when every dealer had 100 copies of Punishr War Journal 7, Darkhawk 9 and X-O 14 (or whatever else) behind the table. No way they were "really" $10+ books. Now the market is fairly "honest" in that inventory is all out there for sale on the interwebs.

unclear whether the # of collectors spending $__ a month (let's adjust for inflation) is more or less now than in 1993. obviously many more stores existed then and many more new comics were selling. but ebay alone has 2 million+ back issue listings at any given time. that's a lot of comic shops' inventories.

It's spread out differently but there's still a glut. Instead of one 'rare' chromium book that was printed at 1,000,000 copies we have dozens of variants, 'rare' second printings etc etc but in the whole these books are dime a dozen. If you have a truck full of walnuts each individual walnut might be 'rare' because there's no other walnut like it, but walnuts as a whole are not 'rare'. Variants and second third fourth prints and #1's etc are not rare-at all.

It's been years since I won a great mis-titled book via eBay.

Last two noteworthy scores were 8 years ago, with a 5.0 Brave & Bold 54 hidden among a "Brave & Bold comics" lot, and a full NM pre-Unity Valiant set (minus the Vintage Magnus books) for $65 shipped because they were spelled "Veliant."

Still - love it when gems are found for below FMV.