• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

I think we can believe October.

As for 37,000 comics, unless you had partners helping, how on earth did you process all of that? You have a day job still, right? Or do you still have 36,500 of them in a garage somewhere?

Sold the top 1% individually. The rest went in bulk to dealers. The best book was an ASM 1 7.0 that went to Gator. Also got eight Star Wars 1 9.8s and a Giant Size X-Men 1 9.8 from that batch.

Wish I still had them in a garage somewhere. This was before a lot of the current price runups.

I think we can believe October.

As for 37,000 comics, unless you had partners helping, how on earth did you process all of that? You have a day job still, right? Or do you still have 36,500 of them in a garage somewhere?

Sold the top 1% individually. The rest went in bulk to dealers...

1%

Thats comic profiling (tsk)

Dayum, look at that seller's feedback in the past month! Crash and burn!

That MM set was a good score though!

I actually found this seller on craigslist. He told me to take a look at his inventory list on eBay.. The MM set was the only one I was interested in, everything else was junk..

He did tell me that he just wants to sell everything in one go because hes getting tired of listing/shipping so I guess thats the end result.. Poor fella

wow he isn't selling anything now-wonder if he got suspended

Edited by kav

I'm not that much into hi-grade for my collection ... usually I don't like to go over 'fine', so it'd be kinda embarrassing to post links. Makes it easier to win auctions when there's not a lot of bidders.

Lately I've been buying lots of Star Spangled War Stories. I like dinosaurs. :)

I'll sell you a copy for $75 shipped :shrug:

That was for three copies :baiting:

Yup

That auction started as 39.99 opening bid and 79.99 BIN

Had I not bought other books this week I wouldve probably just straight out buy it for 79.99

But then again I already have 2 copies hehe

I'm not that much into hi-grade for my collection ... usually I don't like to go over 'fine', so it'd be kinda embarrassing to post links. Makes it easier to win auctions when there's not a lot of bidders.

Why would it be embarassing.. You like what you like. nobody has the right to judge you for your collection preferences (thumbs u

I have been waiting for someone to post the NM98 I sold on ebay last week. I passed on $200 here on the boards and figured I would let it ride on ebay. :wishluck:

the ebay listing

:facepalm:

:roflmao:

Such a n00b with comics on ebay. Live and hopefully learn.

I hope the boardie who offered $200 to me got it though! That would be awesome.

Actually now that I think of it, he probably ended up selling the collection privately and thats why he probably got all these negs for not shipping :facepalm:

plus - he probably realized he was getting killed on those low hammer prices

$1 auction plus $4 to ship? - guess if he just threw in an envelope and sent media mail he might get by - 1st class mail for 1-2 books runs in the 3.50 range for me now..... and that is not including packaging.

Case in point

IMG_1484.jpg

I got these from MHC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRINCE-ALTER-EGO-1-2ND-PRT-Good-Comics-Book-/281945920796?hash=item41a549551c:g:VIQAAOSwx-9WzyrP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRINCE-ALTER-EGO-1-Very-Good-Comics-Book-/281945920754?hash=item41a54954f2:g:9ugAAOSwWTRWzyrI

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRINCE-ALTER-EGO-1-Fine-Comics-Book-/301881550772?hash=item46498ae7b4:g:4RwAAOSwDuJWzyqa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRINCE-ALTER-EGO-1-3RD-PRT-Fine-Comics-Book-/301881550892?hash=item46498ae82c:g:JtAAAOSwUuFWzyrr

Theyre all low grade (but pressable btw) but this was such a great buy for me at 17.00 I already have 2 buyers for them

I have been waiting for someone to post the NM98 I sold on ebay last week. I passed on $200 here on the boards and figured I would let it ride on ebay. :wishluck:

the ebay listing

(shrug)

Seems like a good price for it, no? I stopped following NM98 prices ever since they started flooding the market.. Just me

Actually now that I think of it, he probably ended up selling the collection privately and thats why he probably got all these negs for not shipping :facepalm:

plus - he probably realized he was getting killed on those low hammer prices

$1 auction plus $4 to ship? - guess if he just threw in an envelope and sent media mail he might get by - 1st class mail for 1-2 books runs in the 3.50 range for me now..... and that is not including packaging.

Yup, he wasnt aware of market trends and comics in general.. Probably just listed and listed and listed with the hopes that something will catch... I think he had over

300 listings at some point and they were all these books youve never heard of

the ebay listing

(shrug)

Seems like a good price for it, no? I stopped following NM98 prices ever since they started flooding the market.. Just me

I am content, absolutely. Not happy that I passed on about $50 more here on the boards though.

This was a ~$90 BIN from a few weeks ago. Probably a 9.6.

001%202_zpskf9xffae.jpg

THAT was a $90 BIN? :o(worship):banana:

Nice score Andy ^^

Great purchase. Picked up a graded version not too long ago and certainly wouldn't have minded a raw copy at that price!