• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, tomo said:

That makes sense then.

That's what I'm assuming, as there are several of these packs listed. He ate it on the first one, but the rest aren't gonna go that cheap! Hopefully the buyer gets the books at the price they wanted, and the seller does well with his remaining stock.

I Already contacted the seller, Said his assistant made a mistake but that he was still going to ship out the book. Whoever got it must be going nuts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Tomb-of-Dracula-First-Appearance-of-Blade-CGC-8-5-/112381084997?hash=item1a2a6f4545%3Ag%3ADTIAAOSwkShY~Goa&nma=true&si=5LjDl1cAGLA3vt5otD4S7cFl%2FO0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by grayzr

4 hours ago, grayzr said:

I Already contacted the seller, Said his assistant made a mistake but that he was still going to ship out the book. Whoever got it must be going nuts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Tomb-of-Dracula-First-Appearance-of-Blade-CGC-8-5-/112381084997?hash=item1a2a6f4545%3Ag%3ADTIAAOSwkShY~Goa&nma=true&si=5LjDl1cAGLA3vt5otD4S7cFl%2FO0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Welll there's always a chance that the buyer may return the book 

IMG_2472.PNG

On 4/26/2017 at 2:43 PM, grayzr said:

Just out of curiosity, why would you contact the seller?

52 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I'm sure they also contact the sellers when they, themselves, find a good deal as to make sure they only pay current fair market value.  It only seems fair...

58 minutes ago, Timmay said:

To exchange banana bread recipes.

I've never felt inclined to contact a seller after an item ends.  Before one ends, most certainly, but not after.  The only thing you're going to do is upset someone, whether seller or buyer.  

I think there should be an addendum to the golden rule:  Mind your f'ing business.

I just purchased a buy it now price of $2.50 on a silver age comic, worth around $150.00, a few days ago. I'd post it here, but I surely don't want grayzr, or other boardies, contacting the seller! The comic arrived in the mail and is around 7.5 grade.

3 minutes ago, jharvey said:

I just purchased a buy it now price of $2.50 on a silver age comic, worth around $150.00, a few days ago. I'd post it here, but I surely don't want grayzr, or other boardies, contacting the seller! The comic arrived in the mail and is around 7.5 grade.

If you got the book already then you are good.  Sellers can't neg you even if they wanted to.  What book was it?

I bought an ASM 129 that was an easy 8.5/9.0 for $200 from a Canadian seller who was selling the book for the price on the bag from the time he bought it.  He had already sold a few great books and was receiving positive feedback so knew it would be okay.  The next day he cancelled the order saying his kids damaged the book while packing as the "official" reason.  I asked for pictures of the damage but he refused saying he had put the book away.  To me it was obvious someone had contacted him and offered more because the book never went up again.  So, because of this I don't list the original sale item or post pics until its in my hand.  I actually had one earlier this week that very well could be the best buy I've ever had but will wait to post.

caveat venditor

Caveat Venditor is a Latin term which means let the seller beware. The person selling goods is accountable for providing information about the goods to the seller. It is a counter to caveat emptor and suggests that sellers can also be deceived in a market transaction

Had to google it lol 

although "deceived" is a strong word, so is snitches get stitches which has already been posted, I don't know what irks me more---- it's a trap---star wars, and that could describe this thread

On 4/27/2017 at 3:58 PM, entalmighty1 said:

Just wanted to know if the sale was real and not some mistake made by the seller, I have seen things like that before and sometimes the seller re list the book. This seller decided to let it go but sometimes thats not the case. I have been able to get deals from seller that have done things like this before, This is the reason why I contacted him. When books sell for 25 even up to 40% off FMV I will not contact the seller because its probably a real sale.

1 hour ago, grayzr said:

Just wanted to know if the sale was real and not some mistake made by the seller, I have seen things like that before and sometimes the seller re list the book. This seller decided to let it go but sometimes thats not the case. I have been able to get deals from seller that have done things like this before, This is the reason why I contacted him. When books sell for 25 even up to 40% off FMV I will not contact the seller because its probably a real sale.

Yeah, I say "Not Cool." Especially since you mention that you have been able to get deals from pointing out seller's mistakes. 

18 minutes ago, KryptoMayor said:

Yeah, I say "Not Cool." Especially since you mention that you have been able to get deals from pointing out seller's mistakes. 

Yeah, it looks like poor form to me as well.