• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I tend to think of it as "when would I be watching an auction?". Typically that's going to be Sunday - Wednesday night. Now people with kids to watch, that could be any night. But, typically people go out on Friday and Saturday, so they are not looking at eBay.

Also, I usually time things to end between 10-11 Eastern. So someone on the East can get a last bid in and someone on the West will probably be off of work.

Yup I know, logically it all makes sense, but judging off my BIN traction alone its all over the place. I find that most of my sales actually occur during the day and really late at night (sometimes 2-4 am), Ill wake up and my phone will have all those ebay/paypal alerts :cloud9:

And as far as auctions, between the snipers and the non snipers who bid when you list an item and automatically set a top bid soon after, youre really looking at about a small amount of auctions that will actually end with a person sitting next to the screen. Add to that the mobility aspect with smartphones and tablets and I really doubt any of it really relates to a certain day of the week anymore

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yup I know, logically it all makes sense, but judging off my BIN traction alone its all over the place. I find that most of my sales actually occur during the day and really late at night (sometimes 2-4 am), Ill wake up and my phone will have all those ebay/paypal alerts :cloud9:

And as far as auctions, between the snipers and the non snipers who bid when you list an item and automatically set a top bid soon after, youre really looking at about a small amount of auctions that will actually end with a person sitting next to the screen. Add to that the mobility aspect with smartphones and tablets and I really doubt any of it really relates to a certain day of the week anymore

Very true. And the late night offers I get, I assume they just got home from a Taco Bell binge, haha.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Very true. And the late night offers I get, I assume they just got home from a Taco Bell binge, haha.

So true!  Which is strange since 1 am is only 10 pm western time and I never get good offers after 11:00 our time.  I don't even bother responding to the late night offers until later the next morning.

6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

So true!  Which is strange since 1 am is only 10 pm western time and I never get good offers after 11:00 our time.  I don't even bother responding to the late night offers until later the next morning.

And buy that point they've sobered up and no longer want your drek.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:08 PM, 90sChild said:

I wonder if t***b(437)
is a member here.
So far I've been embarrassed on two losses.
I already have 9.4 and 9.6 versions of both so I didn't really feel the need to get crazy.  a 9.6 and 9.8 would have been nice.
Someone else must be desperate though, I can't win anything even when over-bidding.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Doctor-Strange-172-CGC-9-6-OW-W-vs-Dormammu-2nd-Highest-Graded-/232626689834?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-PREMIERE-Doctor-Strange-14-CGC-9-8-WP-Marvel-Infinity-War-Mystic-Arts-/253362806227

I wonder who this guy is I better sell him my collection because I won't be paying that much :flipbait:

Someone else is getting wild enough to bid him up too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/253420191242

The best part of buying low grade books is that you dont have to worry about how shtty a job the seller will do shipping them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pack-of-3-Limited-Collectors-Edition-C-31-Oct-Nov-1974-DC/112867095103?epid=85498469&hash=item1a4767323f:g:VgUAAOSwZ2laqByu

IMG_3954 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Aweandlorder

3 hours ago, makeminemarvel said:

You dont lose if the price is high is my philosophy. 

As enticing as this listing is, its very hard to tell what condition these books are in, couple that with the fact that the seller does not allow returns and you sure did the right thing by not OVERbidding on this.

Good job!

12 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Both valid points. Don’t see a grouping like that very often...the x-men 12 looks pretty nice, from what I can tell...lol. Probably a trap...

I don't think it's a trap, look at what else the seller has - no comics.  I think it's an example of not knowing much about the comics (there's not even a description of titles) and selling them as a lot - the person might have bought them at an estate auction or locally. 

I think the price is pretty good for a collector, but I don't think you'd make a lot if you tried to break them up and sell them individually.

9 hours ago, spreads said:

I don't think it's a trap, look at what else the seller has - no comics.  I think it's an example of not knowing much about the comics (there's not even a description of titles) and selling them as a lot - the person might have bought them at an estate auction or locally. 

I think the price is pretty good for a collector, but I don't think you'd make a lot if you tried to break them up and sell them individually.

That really doesnt indicate nothing. I wouldnt necessarily say its a "trap" but there is a certain allure to listings like that. The buyer stumbles upon this listing and gets sold on owning this just because of the same things you attributed to it yourself; the anonymity, the poor description, the "lack of knowledge" seller may or may not posses of what he has. It equates to a "found in the wild" item. Once a buyer is in that state of mind, it is very hard to let go and very easy to lose sense of actual value

Nothing earth shattering, but some really really really cool items I got on the cheap just to keep:

Marvel Comics Collector's Cases pack of 5 Unopened!!

Can you believe how cool this is?? Being a huge Copper fan this is perfect for me to put all my Art Adams books and others... And you get 5 of these???? I just couldnt resist.. But now that I received it, I dont wanna open the damn thing :cry::cry::cry:

5ac29fad4118d_s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.5be17e5d1f674356131e40fa332ad707.jpg

Earth X Limited Hardcover Edition Comic (SIGNED & Numbered, Graphitti Designs)

This book is a BEAUTY! even more amazing to see one in person. I saw one at my LCS years back and fell in love with it.. so Ive been sniping on them ever since, the problem is that some of them are not signed, and some have a cracked shell, or missing CD or simply in bad shape.. This one is PERFECT! Glad I got it for the price I did

5ac2a142ec48c_s-l1600(3).thumb.jpg.92ee4115e244e9287b971fabbc218082.jpg