• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

I can't imagine a scenario where I would contact a seller after a sale to see if they made a mistake.  I can see contacting a seller before the sale to let him know there may be a mistake but something tells me you don't send that message.

Edited by 1Cool

I did not know there where so many saints on the boards.

This listing hit a total of 2 views when I got to it, I checked on watch count. I'm sure anyone here who would see a listing like this would instant buy and not send messages.

There are also times that sellers have other books that they will put up and instead of them going to auction I am able to buy them for the sellers insane prices.

I just want to make clear that all I asked the seller was if the sale was real. I'm sure we have all seen sales like this and shortly after see the same book re listed by the same seller. Let's all be realistic here instead of pulling out the pitch forks.

Edited by grayzr

12 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I can't imagine a scenario where I would contact a seller after a sale to see if they made a mistake.  I can see contacting a seller before the sale to let him know there may be a mistake but something tells me you don't send that message.

I can't imagine a scenario in which I'd contact a seller of a book that I'm not personally bidding on or buying. None of my business.

1 hour ago, grayzr said:

I did not know there where so many saints on the boards.

This listing hit a total of 2 views when I got to it, I checked on watch count. I'm sure anyone here who would see a listing like this would instant buy and not send messages.

There are also times that sellers have other books that they will put up and instead of them going to auction I am able to buy them for the sellers insane prices.

I just want to make clear that all I asked the seller was if the sale was real. I'm sure we have all seen sales like this and shortly after see the same book re listed by the same seller. Let's all be realistic here instead of pulling out the pitch forks.

No issue with you trying to get a steal - we all hope for a killer deal.  The problem with contacting the seller (especially before he ships out the book) is the seller will always say "sure it's a real sale - why do you ask?" and will question the sale.  If you were checking to see if he was a scammer there is no way he would answer "no" to the question so you really get nothing for asking if it is real.  I'd have no issue with someone sending a PM asking if the person has books for sale and leaving the discount sale out of the discussion.  We have the same issue on the boards so people are a little sensitive since people will contact sellers after a low price sale and try to get the book themselves.  I can see why you want to be next in line for a steal or other books but contacting him and asking about the sale can be seen as under handed.

This seller knew he had made a mistake because he told me, yeah my secretary made the error. After that I just told him thanks for the reply and let it go. I can understand that people would jump the gun and assume I am trying to snatch the book from the buyer. It's more out of curiosity then to screw the buyer. I should of explained the situation better.

Also not that it's important but I already have 5 copies of this book from VG to NM so I'm not thirsty for the book either.

On 4/27/2017 at 4:41 PM, Chadwick said:

90 day is 458

$275 for a $458 book is not that nuts.  people make BIN mistakes like that all the time.  $2.75 on the other hand

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Hey no one tells anyone to post here. Free country. But seems like its very entertaining to some.

Popcorn anyone?

Not saying it's not entertaining. I love seeing the deals people get. I am saying that posting links in this thread can end pretty quickly in some dork harassing a seller. Happened to me. 

I agree. You have to use this thread with caution. I have been scoring deals on eBay for years and obtained many many grails for a price you wouldnt imagine.

I never post those deals here for several reasons. Those in the know can figure them out.

But all in all, its fun to share the "harmless" deals you score on and I'd never encourage anyone not to list them here or anywhere else on the net. 

Short of someone getting shot for c**k-blocking a buyer from receiving he's/her goods, its all done in good fun

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I can't imagine a scenario in which I'd contact a seller of a book that I'm not personally bidding on or buying. None of my business.

I have on occasion when the same book keeps showing up in my search because they have it incorrectly titled. Most recent one I sent an FYI message to the seller was for a Strange Tales 129 that they had listed as ST 141. They thanked me for the heads up and corrected the title.

Just now, Aweandlorder said:

Wow. Just wow. 

Whats sad is he lied to me by saying he would honor the sale. But on top of the that he also lied to the buy by not sending it out.

Isn't there a place to blacklist eBay sellers on the boards?

This guy earned his spot.