• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, grayzr said:

Whats sad is he lied to me by saying he would honor the sale. But on top of the that he also lied to the buy by not sending it out.

Isn't there a place to blacklist eBay sellers on the boards?

This guy earned his spot. 

Looks like he had 3 items not shipped this month alone. Something is very strange here

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

OK, who stole this one!

Daredevil #168

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Just FYI 

I bought an Xmen 101 a long time ago that said VG/F and had a picture of a quality comic and was about $60-$80 foolishly I bought it and what did I get? A VG/F book that looked nothing like the picture......not worth sending back.....scam arteest :golfclap:

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just FYI 

I bought an Xmen 101 a long time ago that said VG/F and had a picture of a quality comic and was about $60-$80 foolishly I bought it and what did I get? A VG/F book that looked nothing like the picture......not worth sending back.....scam arteest :golfclap:

If you have any VG/FN DD 168 for $30 hit me up - quick!

On 5/22/2017 at 1:52 PM, 1Cool said:

Those are bargains?! Are low to mid grade DD 168's suddenly hot? You can get a graded 7.5 to 8.0 copy on eBay for around $100...what am I missing? (shrug)

7 minutes ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

Those are bargains?! Are low to mid grade DD 168's suddenly hot? You can get a graded 7.5 to 8.0 copy on eBay for around $100...what am I missing? (shrug)

DD 168 does seem to be getting hotter now that Electra is in the new Defenders show.  But I find raw mid grade key books seem to do very well compared to slabbed books.  Now you wont find a raw book going for equal to the slabbed book but the difference is not that big.  A DD 168 CGC 6.5/7.0 may be a $100 book but a raw 5.0 could go for $60 - 65 pretty easy for what I've seen.  People just want a copy of the keys and don't see a huge difference between owning a 5.0 vs 7.0.  It's the ultra high grade guys that are picky and want and pay for the best.  I'll definitely buy any mid grade DD 168 you have for $30 - not so much the $75.

18 hours ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

Did you look at the scan? Appears much higher than a VG/FN. No back scan or description but I would have bitten at that price.

Also, some people like to actually read the comics. (shrug)

19 hours ago, 1Cool said:

DD 168 does seem to be getting hotter now that Electra is in the new Defenders show.  But I find raw mid grade key books seem to do very well compared to slabbed books.  Now you wont find a raw book going for equal to the slabbed book but the difference is not that big.  A DD 168 CGC 6.5/7.0 may be a $100 book but a raw 5.0 could go for $60 - 65 pretty easy for what I've seen.  People just want a copy of the keys and don't see a huge difference between owning a 5.0 vs 7.0.  It's the ultra high grade guys that are picky and want and pay for the best.  I'll definitely buy any mid grade DD 168 you have for $30 - not so much the $75.

Got it. Let me dig around in my boxes, might have a couple of lower grade copies!

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Did you look at the scan? Appears much higher than a VG/FN. No back scan or description but I would have bitten at that price.

Also, some people like to actually read the comics. (shrug)

Yes I did check it out and agree not everyone wants slabs, but at $75 to me that's still way overpriced unless it's a strict VF or better. Hey if whomever bought that book is happy that's all that matters. However I've always enjoyed looking at this thread for big-time eBay steals. For example, I remember a few years ago somebody on the old eBay community comic boards took a chance on a poorly described Fantastic Four #1 auction with a postage-stamp sized blurry picture and ended up with a solid 3.0 copy for $500! :cloud9:

4 minutes ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

Yes I did check it out and agree not everyone wants slabs, but at $75 to me that's still way overpriced unless it's a strict VF or better. Hey if whomever bought that book is happy that's all that matters. However I've always enjoyed looking at this thread for big-time eBay steals. For example, I remember a few years ago somebody on the old eBay community comic boards took a chance on a poorly described Fantastic Four #1 auction with a postage-stamp sized blurry picture and ended up with a solid 3.0 copy for $500! :cloud9:

The sale you quoted was for $30.

17 minutes ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

I've seen some things.  :blush:

48 minutes ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

Got it. Let me dig around in my boxes, might have a couple of lower grade copies!

Nice - since I like you I can go 2 for $60 or 3 for $90.

13 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

you rock! excellent purchase of course.