• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

Just now, 1950's war comics said:
2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

You've gotta love these 10 cent Charltons with white pages.  You've gotta - it's mandatory!!

Two dollar bin fodder ??

No - they were roughly $10 eachish.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

No - they were roughly $10 eachish.

They do look nice  !!

i just never got into Charltons

Terrible art, terrible writing, terrible production values...., what's not to like?

I'm not sure what their circulation was, or how many people liked them  - they do seem to be tough to find in high grade. And their PQ is usually pukey.

I love the mismatch of the off-register printing - nice and blurry; and the rough outer edges that look like someone trimmed them with pinking shears!

I have trouble giving up my multiple copies of titles like Flash Gordon, Captain Atom and Blue Beetle, as every copy is unique!

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Terrible art, terrible writing, terrible production values...., what's not to like?

I'm not sure what their circulation was, or how many people liked them  - they do seem to be tough to find in high grade. And their PQ is usually pukey.

I love the mismatch of the off-register printing - nice and blurry; and the rough outer edges that look like someone trimmed them with pinking shears!

I have trouble giving up my multiple copies of titles like Flash Gordon, Captain Atom and Blue Beetle, as every copy is unique!

Don't forget the Siamese pagers..found many of those?Never seen a Charlton double cover...

PS @1950's war comics Charlton reprinted a lot of great stuff,like Kirby's Foxhole run.Great way to read some rare stuff.

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

Don't forget the Siamese pagers..found many of those?Never seen a Charlton double cover...

PS @1950's war comics Charlton reprinted a lot of great stuff,like Kirby's Foxhole run.Great way to read some rare stuff.

It seems like I get the Siamese pages from many different publishers, but yes, probably more with Chucktons, as they were always cutting too close to the end of the sheets and folds.  I did actually find that pinking shear effect on the edge of a recent Marvel or DC SA purchase, which was the first time I've seen that outside of a Chuckton.

7 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Yeah ..Charlton was synonymous with drek even way back when i was a kid and drek wasn't even a word yet 

nobody in the neighborhood would be dared caught dead with a CHARLTON

Yeah ..Charlton was synonymous with drek even way back when i was a kid and drek wasn't even a word yet 

nobody in the neighborhood would be dared caught dead with a CHARLTON

Oh,c'mon.The PCH stuff is great...and all that Ditko art...Ah,I just love Charlton.Someone has to! lol

7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It seems like I get the Siamese pages from many different publishers, but yes, probably more with Chucktons, as they were always cutting too close to the end of the sheets and folds.  I did actually find that pinking shear effect on the edge of a recent Marvel or DC SA purchase, which was the first time I've seen that outside of a Chuckton.

My best/worst is a Flash Gordon cut like a rhombus !EH!Comics(French Canadian reprints) is the only company i've seen come close to Chumton with printing issues.

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

No more than cover price i hope.......:baiting:

That's a beauty - another $10 buckish one.  definitely worth more than the Chuckton war books.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Isn't this the place we post up cool scans of the books we buy on E-Bay?

It was originally intended to be a thread to post great deals/steals you found on eBay.

Now it seems like it's a place to post *anything* you buy on eBay -- which is what the "This week in your collection" one is about.

8 hours ago, manetteska said:

It was originally intended to be a thread to post great deals/steals you found on eBay.

Now it seems like it's a place to post *anything* you buy on eBay -- which is what the "This week in your collection" one is about.

I think I will keep onkeepin' on and you can just skip this thread if it offends you.

19 hours ago, the blob said:

Isn't the place where people used to brag about snagging a $100 comic on ebay for $10 because someone messed up the listing?

Partially. I believe it was initially created to denounce the notion that it has become impossible to find good deals on eBay, regardless of whether that deal was the result of seller indifference/ignorance, poor listing practices, or simply an ignored auction.