• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

On 08/01/2018 at 11:50 PM, porcupine48 said:

Oh,c'mon.The PCH stuff is great...and all that Ditko art...Ah,I just love Charlton.Someone has to! lol

Charlton love is coming soon Jim, and lot's of it :luhv:

On 13/01/2018 at 5:27 AM, lizards2 said:

I think I will keep onkeepin' on and you can just skip this thread if it offends you.

:headbang:

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, manetteska said:
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, lizards2 said:

I think I will keep onkeepin' on and you can just skip this thread if it offends you.

Cool. Everyone loves looking at carp. Not a waste at all. 

See the source image

53 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Fresh Carp at reduced prices:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

When you crack your books out do you keep the labels? I just wonder if you at least keep the labels for books that are file copies.

2 hours ago, Logan510 said:

When you crack your books out do you keep the labels? I just wonder if you at least keep the labels for books that are file copies.

Yes - all labels are kept - I slip them in behind the Fullback and the Mylite2, so that you can just flip the book over and see that it was once CGC fondled.  I probably only crack out about 85% of the slabs I buy, for a variety of reasons, including that I can tell (once in hand) that they are gift-graded or have other problems.  Others I don't crack out because, for example, it's a Mile High, etc.

On a lot of books it is really tough to see damage through the outer well.  The "Oh S***!!" moment usually occurs when the outer well is removed, and I wished I hadn't deslabbed.  Nothing like finding a 9.0 in a 9.4 CGC case, but it happens with some frequency. :eyeroll: 

I only buy books through the mail, so in hand examination before purchase is a no-go for me.  I don't think I've been to a real comic shop or comic convention since CGC was born.

2 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I also wonder how the heck CGC knows they are file copies too??  I can't see that being a 100% sure thing, and really, what does that matter - the book should speak for itself.

I also BIN'd this one today - I usually don't post these until they are in hand, but this is kind of a companion piece to the Magnus above.  For some reason, my existing copies of these two were on the VFish-side.  We'll see how "crow-ish" the pages really are - not too excited about that, but PQ is always a real crapshoot.  The back cover is bone-white.

I've got the full Magnus set up until where the reprints start (29).

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by lizards2

13 hours ago, lizards2 said:

There is some dirt cheap stuff on eBay if you have the time to root around and stay vigilant!  :shy:

It definitely helps if you are buying stuff a very select few are collecting and they are not remotely key books.  Thought a I had a shot at a nice set of Spawn 1 - 250 but got blown out at the last second.

2 minutes ago, october said:
2 hours ago, manetteska said:

A Mile High "misplaced inventory" or a legit lost in the mail?

Legit. Tracking number just stopped halfway through. May show up, we will see.

I swear that happened to me last August, but without the tracking number provided.  Only it was an auction I won at about 1/5 FMV.   I got my money back in dispute, and the eBay reason was seller could not provide adequate proof of tracking. 

I swear, the item is back up now from the same seller, with the grade bumped  from 9.0 to 9.2.