ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
12 12

984 posts in this topic

2,778 posts
12 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Hope you slept. Going to pick them up tomorrow. 

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,916 posts
26 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Wow.. That really was a WIN! Congratulations!!

Yup.. All white pages... No press needed... I really hoped for a 9.9 on 1, but I knew they wont be less than 9.8

funny thing is the seller had about 20 copies, but I was happy with 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,916 posts
9 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Currently $99 gpa although something tells me that’s going down. 9 hours up and back to ‘Cuse today. Definitely hauled a larger U-Haul than needed. Here’s a picture of about 70% of the collection.  OO is 54 and didn’t start really collecting until 1984, which is about the year I stopped buying new books  Comics, mags, books, posters and movie posters. Looking through first box these 9/11 Spideys sort of jumped out at me. 

 

4CB371DC-EC46-4AB3-B46D-DE7FD1AE55C8.jpeg

80D4C284-C016-459B-8BEE-92699AFF9587.jpeg

Nice. Gonna be fun digging through em. 
was not a fun day out on the road today ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,804 posts
11 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Currently $99 gpa although something tells me that’s going down. 9 hours up and back to ‘Cuse today. Definitely hauled a larger U-Haul than needed. Here’s a picture of about 70% of the collection.  OO is 54 and didn’t start really collecting until 1984, which is about the year I stopped buying new books  Comics, mags, books, posters and movie posters. Looking through first box these 9/11 Spideys sort of jumped out at me. 

 

4CB371DC-EC46-4AB3-B46D-DE7FD1AE55C8.jpeg

80D4C284-C016-459B-8BEE-92699AFF9587.jpeg

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,804 posts
1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Nice score. Serious question. How do you know when, for instance, a 9.4 that lays flat with sharp corners could get a 9.8 with a press?  When the difference between making and losing money on slabbing is whether it comes back a 9.4 or 9.6 it’s a vexing question.  As far as the results of my purchase. Some valuable books that deserve slabbing and thousands that are worthy of slabbing if I could guarantee 9.6 or better. The condition is excellent and the scope of the collection is broad. The OO was no kid when he was buying books. Tons of high grade magazines, hardcover first editions. Of note are the large amount of newsstand books including a spawn run to well into the 100’s. Still going through it but lots of fun. 
 

2E3E576C-ECF4-45F9-BAA5-F94032CF1460.jpeg

:whee: Sounds like it is fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,916 posts
1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Nice score. Serious question. How do you know when, for instance, a 9.4 that lays flat with sharp corners could get a 9.8 with a press?  When the difference between making and losing money on slabbing is whether it comes back a 9.4 or 9.6 it’s a vexing question.  As far as the results of my purchase. Some valuable books that deserve slabbing and thousands that are worthy of slabbing if I could guarantee 9.6 or better. The condition is excellent and the scope of the collection is broad. The OO was no kid when he was buying books. Tons of high grade magazines, hardcover first editions. Of note are the large amount of newsstand books including a spawn run to well into the 100’s. Still going through it but lots of fun. 
 

2E3E576C-ECF4-45F9-BAA5-F94032CF1460.jpeg

Nice looking books, sounds like quite a score with a nice variety of books, well done sir

As far as the press issue is concerned, I only press books that are not flat or have a little bit of a curl to them, I am not a pro by any means but I think thats when it counts the most.

With moderns I set up a pre-screen to 9.8 if it comes back rejected I list it as NM raw and call it a day, theres your $5 loss. 

Those ASM 225s were friggin mint, seriously, some of the pages were stuck as these copies were never read. Flat and sharp, if youd see them youd know these are 9.8s. Some other books are questionable at which point I give them a quick press. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,985 posts

Might have to track McFarland down and get my first SS slab on the top one. 
 

E4AB63BD-89C7-4241-ABEF-EE1EE20FF04C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,804 posts
24 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Might have to track McFarland down and get my first SS slab on the top one. 
 

 

CGC is doing one now for one flat fee..... $89 not pressed and something like $94 for a press......were you can save some $$

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7862/

Other answers and questions here :foryou: 

 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,804 posts
4 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

All these pulled from the collection heading his way if I can figure out the windowpane. 
 

 

Here's some help :) Hopefully Santa's good to you! :whee: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,916 posts

So I went shopping this month on the bay..

IMG_2146.thumb.jpg.46413c785d790c2a395874344a2e9f49.jpgIMG_2190.thumb.jpg.d64a63f8c5420bcb8f73b731a561ae52.jpg

Took advantage of the slow down time, as I noticed people werent buying books, and sniped my a*s off...

Wanna know what I got? ok ill tell ya....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
12 12