• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Persistent Ebayer wants to deal privately

1,072 posts in this topic

Fair enough. :cool:

btw... what is your Ebay ID? ;):grin:

Many people here know my eBay ID. If they want to "out" me, that's their moral choice. I prefer to remain anonymous at this moment due to some hostile feelings some people may have. I can't predict what online people may want to do in retaliation or just for the fun of it.

I am straightforward here - I want to block you on my list. Nothing more.

So, what is your eBay ID?

Don't let the moral authority bully you vger7, and don't give your ebay id here. Dealing outside of ebay happens and its not the end of the world.

"Moral authority"...

:roflmao:

So, GM8, I now would like to know your eBay ID. So I can block you.

:)

-slym

Fair enough. :cool:

btw... what is your Ebay ID? ;):grin:

Many people here know my eBay ID. If they want to "out" me, that's their moral choice. I prefer to remain anonymous at this moment due to some hostile feelings some people may have. I can't predict what online people may want to do in retaliation or just for the fun of it.

I am straightforward here - I want to block you on my list. Nothing more.

So, what is your eBay ID?

Don't let the moral authority bully you vger7, and don't give your ebay id here. Dealing outside of ebay happens and its not the end of the world.

"Moral authority"...

:roflmao:

So, GM8, I now would like to know your eBay ID. So I can block you.

:)

-slym

Of course, your holiness. It's "snipehunter666"

So eBay fees help the fat cats get fatter (shrug) . Pretty much every dime we spend is helping someone get richer, so where is the line drawn? Do you (anyone) stick it to the man every day or just when it comes to items in your inventory? Do you stand up for your principles at the risk of prosecution or safely from behind a PC monitor?

Personally, I don't believe principles are the issue here. Just the overblown sense of entitlement we see everywhere today, money, and the redistribution of greed.

Here's a fair question: Let's say you're an eBay buyer and you encounter a seller who has a bunch of cool comics you like. You purchase a few of the seller's BIN sales. Then you message to ask: "Will you be selling more comics like the ones you have listed?" The seller says something like, "Yes, I have a couple dozen more that I found at an estate sale. I was going to list all of them on eBay eventually."

At that point, is it unethical to attempt to make an outside deal? Could you say, "Look, I'd love to buy all of them at a rate similar to what you sold the previous comics for -- can we work something out?" and is that within eBay policy? Is the buyer/seller at that point ethically or contractually obligated to conduct the deal using eBay's existing resources?

Not in the slightest if the items were never listed on ebay.

I agree with this. (thumbs u

THESE pretzels are making me thirsty!

These PRETZELS are making me thirsty!

These pretzels ARE making me thirsty!

These pretzels are making ME thirsty.

These pretzels are making me THIRSTY!

THESE pretzels ARE making me THIRSTY!!!

Geez... still going, huh? I was hoping this topic would evolve into a discussion about "right" and "wrong". It would be more productive if we took as step back and discussed stuff like deontological ethics or ethical egoism... which would be much more interesting. But like most things online, it seems to have devolved into mud slinging... with horrible pictures of holiday sweaters?

Considering how judgmental some people are, I think we can rule out the Bible as a platform. Just as well since religion is faith based.

I enjoy philosophy and I'm far from being an expert. But, if all you have is the fine print from a corporate policy as your foundation... no way does this determine "right" or "wrong". We all know that people in power try hard to maintain control. Yes, they have a right to as supported by certain ideology such as... naturalism? But, people have a right to revolt. This is how change is triggered and the spirit that America was built on.

eBay provides a great service that we all benefit from so let's not bait each other with nonsense possibilities that we all know the answer to. eBay makes lots of money, they also sell ads and there's plenty other stuff on there aside from comics. Plus, not everyone thinks the same way. The eBay contract is nothing more than a corporate policy that can be broken by a talented lawyer.

So, if you agree that corporate does not, or should not, define our values, I'd love to know what does. Once we establish this, we can go back and apply it to eBay. If anyone is up for this discussion I'm game ^_^

It's Saturday afternoon, kids are on their Spring Break and the weather here in Toronto is A - M - A - Z - I - N - G. I officially declare that winter is over... but this is interesting too so I'll check back in before bed.

Cheers!