• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold!How To Keep Warm - Very Rare G.I. Pamphlet for Occupying Troops in Japan

3 posts in this topic

Back in January Boot posted an image of this rare pamphlet and I mentioned that I had just acquired one. I asked him if it was rare and he replied that he'd only seen his one copy. No one else chimed in to say they owned one and this is the only copy I've ever seen. Needless to say it's not in Overstreet.

This booklet was distributed to GIs who were being sent to Japan after they surrendered. On page 2 it mentions, "now that the shooting war is over..." It explains how to keep warm and is peppered with images of sexy girls. Clearly they were emulating Caniff, but just a cursory view shows that it's not up to his standards. 5 1/2" x 9". F/VF. Tiny tear near staple. O/W pages.

Very cool and very rare. I'm just guessing at a price. $150 plus $14.95 shipping and handling. SOLD!

First :takeit: gets it.

HTKW%20FC_zpslne9acca.jpg

HTKW%20BC_zpseosardeh.jpg

HTKW%20001_zpseonxbmwe.jpg

HTKW%20002_zpsrtduuvcm.jpg

HTKW%20003_zps6sr2xjpm.jpg

HTKW%20004_zpsygvuklu6.jpg