• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unusual Gems- Price Drops!

18 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have a few items that have to be sold as I'm starting a new business. Terms are as follows:

-All prices include shipping via USPS priority mail

-Payment via paypal preferred

-No HoS or Probation buyers

-International buyers welcome but I'll have to charge actual shipping cost

-First "takeit" in the thread wins the book despite any PM negotiations.

I'm open to offers on multiple books and will give a 5% discount to anyone that pays within 24 hours of committing to buy a book!

Feel free to PM with any questions

These are cover proofs by LB Cole. They are one of a kind and truly exceptional. The color and gloss is better than any copy of the actual book that I've seen. As a bonus all of them have LB Cole's signature on the back and some include photostats that Cole produced for reproduction purposes. All of the backs look like this:

TOJ%2021_3_zps5xfijdk9.jpg

Here are the fronts (they're in Mylite 2s with Full Backs, excuse the glare, they're stunning in hand):

Terrors of the Jungle 6, $300

TOJ%206_2_zpsapfx9ezx.jpg

TOJ%206_1_zpsmqu6ymok.jpg

Terrors of the Jungle 21, Classic Cover, $500

TOJ%2021_1_zpsgxhnibeg.jpg

TOJ%2021_2_zpsols4e4xc.jpg

Terrifying Tales 13, Truly Awesome Cover, $700

TT%2013_1_zpsqgnvf3mn.jpg

TT%2013_2_zpsynonfveb.jpg

Next up is a Matt Baker classic and very difficult book to find in grade!

Authentic Police Cases 8, CGC 6.5 White Pages (cracked out), $1100 SOLD

The front is stunning and much better than the grade suggests. The back cover has a crease on one corner. Very hard to find a better copy of such a cool cover. Colors and gloss are excellent on this book.

APC%208_zpsphmvg4xy.jpg

Shock Suspentories 13, Gaines File Copy, Ungraded VF/NM 9.0

This is an absolutely wonderful copy of an awesome book containing Frank Frazetta's only solo work for EC. I love the colors on this book and Frazetta's art is awesome but unfortunately, someone performed some sort of inking on the spine at one of the staples. It doesn't really make sense as color touch as I don't see how it would have improved the grade but nevertheless, CGC would probably tag it as restored.

A very cool book all the same at a reduced price. $700 SOLD.

SS%2013_2_zpsbnpmb73v.jpg

SS%2013_1_zpsxoro1qgi.jpg

This is an absolutely wonderful copy of an awesome book containing Frank Frazetta's only solo work for EC. I love the colors on this book and Frazetta's art is awesome but unfortunately, someone performed some sort of inking on the spine at one of the staples. It doesn't really make sense as color touch as I don't see how it would have improved the grade but nevertheless, CGC would probably tag it as restored.

A very cool book all the same at a reduced price. $700

Hi Randall, two questions for you:

Does the color touch bleed through the cover?

Also, does this copy come with a Gaines certificate?

Unfortunately yes and yes, it comes with the certificate

Unfortunately yes and yes, it comes with the certificate

Thanks for the prompt and direct reply, Douglas... :takeit: per PM.

Here's another incredibly tough book in grade...

Two Gun Kid 60 F/VF 7.0 Glossy with excellent color on the cover. One of the nicest copies I've ever seen. A 7.5 sold almost a year ago for $1500. These don't show up too often... and my photos don't do this book justice.

$1111 shipped within the US

TGK%2060_1_zps62ueecdk.jpg

TGK%2060_2_zps7qed1can.jpg

Next up is a Matt Baker classic and very difficult book to find in grade!

Authentic Police Cases 8, CGC 6.5 White Pages (cracked out), $1100

The front is stunning and much better than the grade suggests. The back cover has a crease on one corner. Very hard to find a better copy of such a cool cover. Colors and gloss are excellent on this book.

APC%208_zpsphmvg4xy.jpg

Take it per PM

You guys are tough customers. Your silence in response to these amazing one-of-a-kind pieces has forced my hand!

I'm offering the following price drops for the remaining items (this supercedes all previous offers and discounts):

Terrors of the Jungle 6 Cover Proof, signed by L.B. Cole from his private collection, includes COA, was $300- now $240

Terrors of the Jungle 21 Cover Proof, signed by L.B. Cole from his private collection, includes COA, was $500- now $400

Terrifying Tales 13 Cover Proof, signed by L.B. Cole from his private collection, includes COA, was $700- now $600

and for the Two-Gun Kid 60, I'll do $1000 even.

All prices include shipping!

One more day and then I'm moving these items off to eBay.

I have one more item I'll list here tonight, a piece of original art by Edgar Church called "The Habit" from 1918. It's a full color piece that is really pretty and comes in Church's original presentation folder with his address on the back, signed.

$500

Edgar%20Church_The%20Habit_1_zpsldo4gut1.jpg

Edgar%20Church_The%20Habit_2_zps7tt37g22.jpg

Edgar%20Church_The%20Habit_3_zpsl5w82cue.jpg