• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A "Super" grail day!

7 posts in this topic

Howdy,

I just posted 2 "grail" pages to my CAF. Now the word Grail has been pretty watered down over the years in this hobby, but I keep a pretty strict definition. It has to been on my want list of the first dozen or so comics I ever had as a kid, and that list pre-dates me even collecting comics in any organized fashion. So that list is pretty random. :screwy:

Anyway- I got 2 pages from Superman #270, Swan/Anderson from 1973. This was one of the first 3-4 comics I ever had. It predates me even going to school or learning to read, so I just poured over each panel, trying to discern what the heck was going on. (shrug)

here they are:

Superman #270 pg9. The Viking from Valhalla!

Superman #270 pg6. The Viking from Valhalla!

I looked for pages from this issue for 20 years. A decade or so ago, 2 pages surfaced on ebay, right after I got married and we were buying a house. I missed out on both, and was so disgusted I quit the hobby for a couple of years. These are not those 2 pages, and so if you know where they are, please let me know. I think they were the pages between these 2. (thumbs u

I was able to get a page from Superman #233 (Kryptonite No More!) late last year, which was the other Superman comic I had. So i'm glad to finally scratch these 2 off the list with at least one page.

Now- does anyone have a page from Marvel Team up #11?????? I'm missing just a few pages to complete the book. That was my first Marvel Comic

you can see the other pages here:

Marvel Team Up #11: Spidey and the Inhumans

have a good weekend,

S.

Awesome story - congrats! How did you happen upon them?

thanks- indirectly speaking, I owe getting these to Bill Cox. How is that? Because I'm a Premium CAF member, and one of the benefits is a list of keyword searches that will update you via email when something comes up that matches. I got a notification that these 2 pages were for sale, and a week or so later I had them. If not for CAF, I likely would never have found them, and without Premium Membership, I might have missed the opportunity to buy them. :banana: