• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OLD SCARCE FUNNY BOOKS FOX, FIGHTERS, NEDOR, and a LOT of SURPRISES.

172 posts in this topic

#7, We still don't know who the Sparkman really is, but we know he's one of 3. Nice pages, slight spine roll, centerfold detached at one staple and one side of the page has tears. Nice color and gloss. One long crease on the front. A few small creases lower left on the back. Grade is VG. OSG is $74, bin is $60. Sold to 143sk

sparkler%207_0001.jpg

sparkler%207.jpg

sparkler%207_0002.jpg

Sparkler #6, Nice color, nice pages, great Sparkman story with a page on chemistry. Crease lower right and the top staple is barely attached. There are tears at the staple, a little staining at the centerfold and 1/2 " tear on the boarder of one inside page. Crease lower right, some staining or foxing on the bottom of the front cover (it might just be staining), Grade is VG, OSG is $74 bin is $60

sparkler%206_0001.jpg

sparkler%206_0002.jpg

sparkler6b.jpg

:takeit:

Sparkler #8. 1942. Nice color and gloss, crease lower right, name in ink at the top of the cover, small tear on the back. There is dirt and some stains. Tear at top staple, cover is still attached, but barely. Grade is VG-, OSG is $74 in VG, bin is $50.

sold to Norrin's lawyer

sparkler%208_0001.jpg

sparkler%208_0002.jpg

Sparkler #6, Nice color, nice pages, great Sparkman story with a page on chemistry. Crease lower right and the top staple is barely attached. There are tears at the staple, a little staining at the centerfold and 1/2 " tear on the boarder of one inside page. Crease lower right, some staining or foxing on the bottom of the front cover (it might just be staining), Grade is VG, OSG is $74 bin is $60

sparkler%206_0001.jpg

sparkler%206_0002.jpg

sparkler6b.jpg

Sold! Thanks, Greg!

#9, Sparkman's new costume. The cover is nice, the book is complete but the 1st 4 wraps are completely split, and the next few are 1/2 split from the bottom up, it's readable, but not recommended while wearing a black velvet dress.;). The top staple is still attached to the cover. $10 just for a reader copy.

Sold to Baz

sparkler%209_0001.jpg

sparkler%209_0002.jpg

This issue is scarce, although I did see one on the motorcycle thread in gold;)

Sold to Edowens71

#13 Hap Hopper Rides for Freedom, Motorcycle cover, there is a thread in Gold, you can join with this one;)

There is a stain on the spine and a stamp on the front cover, nice color and gloss, great pages. There is also a small stain on the back cover,tears at the staples, but it's a nice book, VG+maybe VG/F. OSG in Fine is $90, bin is $65

sparkler%2013_0001.jpg

sparkler%2013_0002.jpg

:takeit: Sparkler #13

Ed, I lowered the grade and the price when I looked at the scan online, IF you still want it, it's yours at the lower price, just affirm...thanks.Sometimes the books look better in person, but I like to give the scan extra credit;)

Ed, I lowered the grade and the price when I looked at the scan online, IF you still want it, it's yours at the lower price, just affirm...thanks.Sometimes the books look better in person, but I like to give the scan extra credit;)

:takeit::)

:foryou:

:foryou:

That is how it's done in the pros folks :applause:

OK, last Sparkler, then I'm going to try and get a few more books listed.

Sold to Kazoo

#15. Sparkman's been moved to the 2nd story and he's fighting the Japanese. Cover looks nice, around a VG, there is some tearing (nothing split or brittle, it's torn) on the first 2-3 wraps, about 1 to 1.5 inches. I'm going to grade the book good+ for that, but it's a nice good.+. Good guide is $22, bin is $18

sparkler%2015_0001.jpg

sparkler%2015_0002.jpg

#15. Sparkman's been moved to the 2nd story and he's fighting the Japanese. Cover looks nice, around a VG, there is some tearing (nothing split or brittle, it's torn) on the first 2-3 wraps, about 1 to 1.5 inches. I'm going to grade the book good+ for that, but it's a nice good.+. Good guide is $22, bin is $18

sparkler%2015_0001.jpg

sparkler%2015_0002.jpg

:takeit: too please

sparkler%2015_0001.jpg

sparkler%2015_0002.jpg

#9, Sparkman's new costume. The cover is nice, the book is complete but the 1st 4 wraps are completely split, and the next few are 1/2 split from the bottom up, it's readable, but not recommended while wearing a black velvet dress.;). The top staple is still attached to the cover. $10 just for a reader copy.

sparkler%209_0001.jpg

sparkler%209_0002.jpg

:takeit::hi: Sha

sparkler%209_0001.jpg

sparkler%209_0002.jpg

Feature Funnies #6, 1938. Clock appearance (he's a great long running character.).

Half of the centerfold has a raggedy edge, but it's stapled in. Pages are white.Cover is detached at one staple, and there is a 1/2" tear at the top of the spine. Nice gloss and color. Grade is VG-. OSG is $120 in VG. Bin is $85.

I'll take it, thanks Sha.

I think I just have to say Centaur and you'll know it's rare. There is no back cover, but the pages are nice. the front cover is taped on. (the price was from Gator, I'm no expert here, thank you, Rick.

Masked Marvel #3, $200

masked%20marvel%203_0001.jpg

masked%20marvel%203_0002.jpg