• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil #168 CGC 9.8 WP: Origin & 1st Appearance of Elektra!

17 posts in this topic

With only 6 days away from the release of Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix (March 18, 2016), another major character will make their debut in the series along with the Punisher, in which Daredevil's former lover will evolve into his "most deadly enemy!"

Yes folks, we are talking about "Elektra!" Please enjoy the scan and commentary taken directly from my Daredevil #1-#310 Set entitled, "See No Evil, Fear No Evil!"

-Professor Pecora

Daredevil #168 showcases the origin and 1st appearance of Elektra!

The debut of the female ninja assassin took place in January of 1981, during the late Bronze Age; a time in which women were still oppressed in the workforce and were not seen in positions of power. Most men held the traditional ideology that women should stay home and maintain daily housecleaning, take care of the kids and rely solely on their husbands for all of their financial and materialistic needs.

However, not all men shared this view; some men actually provided women with opportunities to excel in professional fields not typically offered to them. These men honored the strength women exhibit and saw them as an asset.

With that being said, although the comics industry was and continues to be dominated by males, there were several visionaries who created female characters who would lead, fight and symbolize power like their male superhero counterparts, while simultaneously maintaining their womanhood. Some examples include the introduction of Wonder Woman in 1941, Phoenix in 1976, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) in 1977, Mystique in 1978 and Kitty Pryde in 1980.

The legendary Frank Miller added to this roster by creating Elektra--the beautiful but deadly ninja assassin who would eventually serve as hero. Elektra is featured on the front cover as a very attractive female warrior lunging in midair, wielding her iconic sai weaponry and directing a flying side kick towards Daredevil. Elektra's face is not shown and is shrouded in the midnight darkness; only a silhouette of her body is captured during a lightning strike, which is symbolic of her mysterious character.

In addition, the lightning imagery represents the physical embodiment and creative translation of her name. For instance, the lightning bolt = "Elektra," which implies "electricity" (for speed and power) and "electrifying" (for being dynamic and exciting)!

On a side note, it's important to highlight that Elektra's name was misspelled on the front cover as "Elecktra." A similar error occurred on Daredevil #131 in which horn head was misspelled as "hornead."

Since her creation, Elektra branched out from the "Daredevil" series to headline many of her own comics, including the acclaimed "Elektra: Assassin" miniseries and the "Elektra Lives Again" graphic novel. In addition, Elektra has starred in two feature films: "Daredevil," released on February 14, 2003 and the self-titled "Elektra," which was released on January 14, 2005. Actress Jennifer Garner portrayed Elektra in both films.

Although the films weren't a huge success, Elektra's character is about to be revitalized by actress Elodie Yung, as she will play Elektra Natchios in season 2 of the critically acclaimed Netflix Daredevil series! Here's what Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television said in Marvel's announcement:

"After a worldwide search, we found in Élodie the perfect actress to embody both Elektra's impressive and deadly physicality, as well as her psychological complexity. Paired with Charlie as Matt Murdock, the two will bring one of the most beloved and tumultuous comic book relationships to life with all the accompanying sparks and spectacular action sequences the show is known for."

From Jeph Loeb's commentary, the new Elektra sounds like a very promising addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe! In turn, demands for high-grade copies of Daredevil #168 are going to increase significantly. The importance of this issue cannot be ignored; it is one of the most valuable issues in the entire Daredevil run, one of the top 3 most valuable Bronze Age Daredevil Keys, and there isn't a single Daredevil book more valuable after this issue!

I purchased this immaculate copy from a fellow collector on eBay in June of 2015. It's the highest certified copy and flaunts superb color saturation and perfect white page quality! It is also perfectly wrapped and centered and near perfectly cut, which is extremely difficult to find for this issue.

For instance, most copies are cut at drastic angles across the top and are often miswrapped so that you see disproportionate parts of the back of the book from the front. In addition, sometimes the book is miscut so poorly along the edge that the "Comics Code Authority" stamp is partially cut off.

With that said, I waited a long time to find that perfect to near-perfect copy before purchasing this gem!

In closing, I'm eagerly anticipating the release of Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix on March 18, 2016! Elektra is going to "electrify" the audience and raise Daredevil #168 stocks!

-Professor Pecora

17330.jpg

See more journals by Professor Pecora

Congrats, as always it's a magnificent book (thumbs u

I'm a great fan of the DD show too, I might even agree that it's the best superhero show ever.

It's funny how we may justify some purchases - but I too thought, last year, that I really needed that first Kingpin cover, and got this one with perfect centering, although the centering may be a bit hard to see on the photo:

2231245_Full_Obv.jpg

And also got me a nice DD piece so I was ready for DD season 1 :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1183531

Now I just got this one, so that I'm ready for DD season 2 :insane:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1297861

I really hope DD season 2 will be simply awesome :wishluck:

Thanks Rune!

Hey that is an AWESOME copy of ASM #51!! Congrats on that perfectly wrapped and centered WP bad boy!

I actually have ASM #50 (in CGC 9.2-9.4 WP) and ASM #51 (in CGC 9.6-9.8 WP) on my WANT LIST! I love the first Kingpin cover by John Romita! It's a "must have" book for my ASM "Arachnophobia" Set!

For me, I would go as far to say that Daredevil on Netflix is THE BEST superhero show ever! So let's keep our fingers crossed (as you expressed) that Season 2 surpasses the quality and intensity of Season 1...or at the very least is of equal caliber!

Those are some really cool DD original art pieces!! One day I would like to acquire an original art piece of a classic DD cover; although it will cost a penny with the density of a black hole!

Hey on a separate note, I read through your comment you made in reference to one of my previous journal entries back in 2013; when I liquidated my former collection...and I sincerely appreciate you sharing your thoughts and providing solutions to minimize "hoarding" and getting addicted to collecting. Your commentary still blessed me to this day and I want to personally say THANK YOU!!

Since then, I have matured as a collector, and like you, I am extremely picky when it comes to purchasing books for my personal collection; I also HATE angled miswraps and I am only shooting for 9.8 WP examples for my Bronze Keys and between 9.2-9.6 WP examples for any prospective Silver Age Keys. It has helped me a lot and not every 9.8 that pops up gets my bidding attention.

For example, although there are very few copies of X-Men #94 in CGC 9.8 and I would like to own another copy (after having sold my previous Mile High 2 copy), I am not budging if the book doesn't present the way I desire it; I'd rather wait for a perfectly wrapped and centered 9.6 WP example (save 8-10K)...and take a chance at possibly having it pressed into a CGC 9.8 WP example!

Anyway...You're a cool dude Rune! Let's stay connected brother!

Wow, this is a stunner. Congratulations! Honestly, it doesn't even matter what you paid because I would have paid it too. You have the same eye for wrap, cut, color....so many things that CGC ratings do not consider, and so many new CGC collectors misunderstand. Buy the book, not the grade.

Is CVA still a thing? If so, I am sure this would garner a CVA exceptional rating.

Thanks Rune!

Hey that is an AWESOME copy of ASM #51!! Congrats on that perfectly wrapped and centered WP bad boy!

I actually have ASM #50 (in CGC 9.2-9.4 WP) and ASM #51 (in CGC 9.6-9.8 WP) on my WANT LIST! I love the first Kingpin cover by John Romita! It's a "must have" book for my ASM "Arachnophobia" Set!

For me, I would go as far to say that Daredevil on Netflix is THE BEST superhero show ever! So let's keep our fingers crossed (as you expressed) that Season 2 surpasses the quality and intensity of Season 1...or at the very least is of equal caliber!

Those are some really cool DD original art pieces!! One day I would like to acquire an original art piece of a classic DD cover; although it will cost a penny with the density of a black hole!

Hey on a separate note, I read through your comment you made in reference to one of my previous journal entries back in 2013; when I liquidated my former collection...and I sincerely appreciate you sharing your thoughts and providing solutions to minimize "hoarding" and getting addicted to collecting. Your commentary still blessed me to this day and I want to personally say THANK YOU!!

Since then, I have matured as a collector, and like you, I am extremely picky when it comes to purchasing books for my personal collection; I also HATE angled miswraps and I am only shooting for 9.8 WP examples for my Bronze Keys and between 9.2-9.6 WP examples for any prospective Silver Age Keys. It has helped me a lot and not every 9.8 that pops up gets my bidding attention.

For example, although there are very few copies of X-Men #94 in CGC 9.8 and I would like to own another copy (after having sold my previous Mile High 2 copy), I am not budging if the book doesn't present the way I desire it; I'd rather wait for a perfectly wrapped and centered 9.6 WP example (save 8-10K)...and take a chance at possibly having it pressed into a CGC 9.8 WP example!

Anyway...You're a cool dude Rune! Let's stay connected brother!

Thank you for the kind words, and good to know I'm not alone caring about (near-)perfect centering - which indeed has slowed the speed of adding books to my Tomb of Dracula and Spidey collections down to a crawl, sigh.

Funny, one of my friends is also extremely picky and collects HC books. He has a thick manual describing "how to ship my books" which he sends to sellers - and of course he always uses gloves when touching his books. I told him that you were sending back CGC books to get them perfectly placed in their holders - and I'm sure his response can be displayed as this animated figure (worship)

;)

It's also good to see that you're back collecting books - it does remind me of the 1st rule of Collectors' Society :insane:

you-can-check-out-anytime-you-like-but-you-can-never-leave_zps07ohqj4l.jpg

Of course we all had our share of dark moments - like when having second thoughts after paying a substantial amount of money for a book or some art - and/or maybe the wife found out and said awful words that no husband ever wants to hear :ohnoez:

The-Shining-1980_zpszre9hkhc.jpg

Still nothing beats the joy of getting another one :whee:

2DFD13AD00000578-3298376-image-a-44_1446322156959%201_zpscvsjxhim.jpg

I guess we all just love to be in here - it must be the best company one can find on the planet (thumbs u - although some observers (like my dear wife) may suggest that this photo is more appropriate hmlol

the-shining-ending-picture2_zpsf1mbjz75.jpg

(My wife actually likes the DD show too, so we're both going to watch it tomorrow.)

Wow, this is a stunner. Congratulations! Honestly, it doesn't even matter what you paid because I would have paid it too. You have the same eye for wrap, cut, color....so many things that CGC ratings do not consider, and so many new CGC collectors misunderstand. Buy the book, not the grade.

Is CVA still a thing? If so, I am sure this would garner a CVA exceptional rating.

Thanks Jaws1965!

I love how you put it, "buy the book, NOT the grade!" Just like Rune and I previously mentioned, we bypassed so many KEY books in the desired grade simply because they did not meet our presentation standards (cut, wrap and centering).

I would even add "color gloss/reflectivity." For example, I recently purchased another CGC 9.8 WP copy of ASM #298, because my current copy is not only slightly miswrapped (bottom front spine), but the white front cover looks a bit faded and has a small ink smudge near the Spidey logo...which actually turned "purple" after mixing with the yellow box surrounding the Spidey logo.

This new copy has extremely deep and rich color gloss and reflectivity + is perfectly wrapped with perfect staple insertment + no ink stains or smudges! The only minute flaw is that the image was positioned slightly lower than most copies (although it's perfectly aligned with the book), so the "curve" of Chase's jet stream gets slightly cut off...but no big deal. I'd rather take that with all of the other aesthetic qualities the book exhibits!

I haven't heard much about CVA these days...I personally feel that they will not be around much longer. However, if they took the time to inspect it, I think the book would pass for CVA Exceptional.

Rune,

Your last post had me cracking up!! :signfunny: That was very entertaining while simultaneously depicting the truth regarding our collecting culture in the CGC Registry. (thumbs u

I am definitely glad to be back...but I guess I never left according to the Spidey prison pic!!

It sounds like all 3 of us (you, me and Jaws1965) all have the OCD of purchasing books with perfect to near perfect cut, wrap and centering! It may take us longer to build our sets the way we envision them, but each time we add a book...it looks that much sweeter knowing you have one of the best copies on the planet showcased in your personal collection!

I am working on my ASM and DD sets in particular; I recently acquired the most perfectly wrapped, cut and centered DD #158 CGC 9.8 WP example I have ever seen! I just picked the book up today, but I don't think I am going to scan and display in my registry just yet, as you probably guessed...it needs to be sent to CGC for a ReHolder!

I am also working on acquiring a blazing copy of ASM #194 CGC 9.8 WP! These books will be displayed proudly with original commentary in the near future!

It's nice to know you and your wife both love DD and will watch it together. My wife and I did the same, although we recently separated and I am now moved into my own place (as of 1 week now). It's all for the better...we both feel good about our decision and it's actually quite liberating that I can finally just be "me" without having to repress my true passion and "hide" in the dark when it comes to CGC collecting. I am looking forward to attending some "Cons" this year!

Keep in touch Rune...follow back if you'd like!

-Professor Pecora

I'll admit I did have some fun writing that last post, good to read you liked it, Thomas :grin:

Even though you wrote that your recent separation is all for the best, still it must be a tough time to go through. It's number 3 on the Holmes and Rahe Stress scale ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale ) and moving to a new place can also be quite stressful - so I hope you're doing well and give yourself enough time to recover - it can be a long process.

Personally we have three sons, although the oldest is my stepson, they're 4, 8 and 12 years old - I can't imagine what it would be like going through a separation, but of course it may be easier if you both agree that it's necessary and with no kids involved.

And great hobbies like comic book collecting, or sharing your ideas with other collectors and friends, may be great ways to hold on to some sort of comfort zone, while going through profound life changes. I'll do my best to support you ;)

So maybe I should also show you my ToD #1, took years to find, I think I also posted it in Brandon's journal once (hmmm, maybe it could be better placed in the holder hm:ohnoez: ) :

photo 1_zpsf6yzeris.jpg

And my most recent book, still can't believe I was lucky to get that one (the horizontal orientation is not perfect if you look at the bottom text, but it’s the best I’ve seen in years):

ama1.27163a%201_zpsryt6jd7n.jpg

This one is better - but it's O-W:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-amazing-spider-man-55-marvel-1967-cgc-nm-96-off-white-pages/a/7036-91096.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

And this one is up for auction right now, but the fading is severe:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=650287

The main problem insisting on old high grade (WP, fresh non-faded) and perfectly centered books (=very little or no miswrap) is that it may be impossible to finish a collection. Recently I had the opportunity to add ToD #7 9.8, but it was OW-W and a miswrap - still with only 5 books in the Census, can beggars be choosers? hmlol:facepalm:

But back to the DD S2 show - we just saw the two first episodes, and they were awesome (worship)

I especially liked when Grotto described the first Punisher attack (in episode 1, don't read it if you have not seen it)

Fifteen men, tough Irish. Armed. All of them blown away. It was a massacre.

We weren't hit by any rival family there. I'm telling you, we were...hit by an army.

[...]

And believe me, you can go see for yourself. Burren Club, 47th and 10th. Can't miss it. It's the... part of New York that looks like a goddam* war zone.

:

That's somehow a perfect description of my recent Punisher #95 cover :cloud9: Here's the published version:

Punisher_Vol_2_95.jpg

We'll continue with episode 3 tomorrow, I hope that you also enjoy the show, and do get some sleep, it's not healty to watch all 13 episodes in one sitting (tsk);)

PS. I'm looking forward to seeing your DD #158 :taptaptap: and good luck with the ASM #194 :wishluck:

Hey Rune! Thanks for your extended communication brother-I appreciate it!!

Yes, you are correct; going through a separation and moving into a new place and new city isn't easy and can be pretty stressful. However, the good news is that I have been in a similar position previously, (although I wasn't married, but engaged) about 7 years ago when I lived in the Bronx, NY. Granted, I only moved within the Bronx and got my own place, but it was difficult. I think I know how to better cope emotionally this time around as I am moving in God's wisdom and direction. :-)

On that note, focusing on my beloved hobby of CGC comic collecting and sharing with the community definitely helps! Also, I have started to work on my music again and laying out a plan to develop my website and draw more listeners, which includes creating inspirational videos regarding various life topics and issues and relating them to God's Word in a practical sense.

Another thing that is helping is my job situation; I was recently offered to step into an administrative role from being the high school math teacher to the Dean of Students/ Assistant Principle! So I have already collaborated with our principle in revamping our school's current discipline plan and day-to-day operations, and I am excited for my new role in the upcoming school year and looking to make a positive impact! It also never hurts to receive a salary increase as well...so I'm also looking forward to that!! :-)

Those are some gorgeous copies of ASM #55 and your ToD #1 is really a stunner!! Funny you brought up about your ToD possibly being better positioned in its holder...you already know what I am going to say! lol It looks too perfect to NOT be perfectly positioned in its holder! It reminds me of my ASM #129 CGC 9.8 WP; if your ToD was rotated to the left from upper spine towards the edge of inner well/lip and the bottom of book positioned flush against the bottom lip, your book would present PERFECTLY!!!

I wonder why these so-called CGC "encapsulation specialists" don't have a keen eye for these things? I mean they now have a worthy competitor in CBCS, and I can't even front, I have seen the large majority of CBCS books better positioned in their holders than CGC's graded books! CGC is extremely "inconsistent" in this area! Honestly, CGC should just hire ME as their "quality control specialist" in ensuring that ALL books are perfectly positioned in their respective CGC holders!! I guarantee all the CGC collectors would see a HUGE difference!

Anyway, I have to get ready to make some afternoon errands, which includes picking up my cable equipment for my self-install this Sunday. Yup, so I unfortunately did not get the chance to watch DD Season 2 yet (so please...no spoilers for me!! :-) Also, I still need to purchase a device (PS4, etc.) so I can watch Netflix on my TV, so I am not sure "when" I'll actually be able to enduldge in my favorite superhero show of all-time?

Chat with you soon Rune!

Just a very quick reply, I'll write a longer one later, but if you have access to the Internet, you can just go here:

https://www.netflix.com/

So you can watch Daredevil Season 2 on your laptop, tablet or even your phone (my 5.2" phone has full HD display and 4G wireless mobile broadband network, it works perfectly using the Google Play Netflix app, I did watch a few minutes of DD S2 last night on the phone, but I prefer to use a big screen TV for DD).

Many newer phones can be connected to a TV (Android users often just need an inexpensive MHL 3.0 adapter for getting full HD 1920x1080@60Hz on a TV). Typically a modern laptop is really easy to connect, you'll just need a HDMI cable. So you may not need that PS4, unless for other purposes ;) I use a laptop (Lenovo Yoga) to handle Netflix, some games etc. on one of our TVs - this way and using the touchscreen plus the Windows Store Netflix app, even my 4-year-old son can select cartoons on Netflix:

0743.Yoga_5F00_57A9C87C.png

But as mentioned - just a phone may be enough to enjoy DD S2 full HD on your TV:

MHL-Adapter.jpg

what-is-mhl-580x300.jpg

The pictures above are for Android phone/tablet users. Here's a guide for other devices: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/tv-connector-adapter-guide,news-18345.html

(You may already know all of the above, I'm just reacting to your "cannot see DD S2" severe emergency situation :angel: Or some inspiration if other readers of this journal are having similar trouble )

Hey Rune! Thanks for your extended communication brother-I appreciate it!!

Yes, you are correct; going through a separation and moving into a new place and new city isn't easy and can be pretty stressful. However, the good news is that I have been in a similar position previously, (although I wasn't married, but engaged) about 7 years ago when I lived in the Bronx, NY. Granted, I only moved within the Bronx and got my own place, but it was difficult. I think I know how to better cope emotionally this time around as I am moving in God's wisdom and direction. :-)

On that note, focusing on my beloved hobby of CGC comic collecting and sharing with the community definitely helps! Also, I have started to work on my music again and laying out a plan to develop my website and draw more listeners, which includes creating inspirational videos regarding various life topics and issues and relating them to God's Word in a practical sense.

Another thing that is helping is my job situation; I was recently offered to step into an administrative role from being the high school math teacher to the Dean of Students/ Assistant Principle! So I have already collaborated with our principle in revamping our school's current discipline plan and day-to-day operations, and I am excited for my new role in the upcoming school year and looking to make a positive impact! It also never hurts to receive a salary increase as well...so I'm also looking forward to that!! :-)

Those are some gorgeous copies of ASM #55 and your ToD #1 is really a stunner!! Funny you brought up about your ToD possibly being better positioned in its holder...you already know what I am going to say! lol It looks too perfect to NOT be perfectly positioned in its holder! It reminds me of my ASM #129 CGC 9.8 WP; if your ToD was rotated to the left from upper spine towards the edge of inner well/lip and the bottom of book positioned flush against the bottom lip, your book would present PERFECTLY!!!

I wonder why these so-called CGC "encapsulation specialists" don't have a keen eye for these things? I mean they now have a worthy competitor in CBCS, and I can't even front, I have seen the large majority of CBCS books better positioned in their holders than CGC's graded books! CGC is extremely "inconsistent" in this area! Honestly, CGC should just hire ME as their "quality control specialist" in ensuring that ALL books are perfectly positioned in their respective CGC holders!! I guarantee all the CGC collectors would see a HUGE difference!

Anyway, I have to get ready to make some afternoon errands, which includes picking up my cable equipment for my self-install this Sunday. Yup, so I unfortunately did not get the chance to watch DD Season 2 yet (so please...no spoilers for me!! :-) Also, I still need to purchase a device (PS4, etc.) so I can watch Netflix on my TV, so I am not sure "when" I'll actually be able to enduldge in my favorite superhero show of all-time?

Chat with you soon Rune!

Comic collecting is a great force driving us forward lol When negotiating salary, afterwards I've sometimes thought "nice, now I can buy more comics and art" :blush: Guess our hobby always keeps us alert and vigilant when it comes to work - but that's not necessarily a bad thing :grin: And congrats on your new position!

12 years ago I left a girlfriend, we had been living together for 7 years, and I thought now I would have much more time to enjoy games and music, so I was kind of looking forward to living alone. I gave up a great apartment, had to be a gentleman and let her have it and I found a temporary apartment instead. But suddenly I realized that the future I had planned was gone, and not that I panicked - but thoughts like "will I ever find someone and have children etc." started roaming in my mind. Thus suddenly there was the feeling of being ship-wrecked and swimming in the open ocean while trying to cling on to a small piece of wood - surrounded by fins that did not look like those on dolphins - so my enthusiasm for enjoying music, movies and games was a lot less than I expected, sigh. Well, did find a few other girlfriends and met my wife two years later - now we have a large house, I got my man cave and the best sons on the planet. Sometimes you have to make tough choices to get the future your dreaming of, and I hope everything works out for you :wishluck:

And nice to know you're a teacher too - I have a few jobs, one being an associate professor at the university where I teach general pathology to medical students and help prepare their exams.

Thanks for the comment about the ToD book holder positioning - right now I think I have enough collecting issues to deal with - I'll try not to get more! lol

And no DD spoilers, just mentioning that we are really enjoying the show and hope you'll too (soon).

PS. If this is your website - congrats, it looks awesome, and although I'm not the biggest fan of hip-hop, it's a great song :headbang::)

http://www.2ndlifeentertainment.com/home/

Truth told, I do not know much hip hop music, but I do know this 22 years old song, if it qualifies as belonging to the genre hm (I'm not too fond of the lyrics, but the tune still has some great energy)

Hey Rune,

I've been meaning to respond back to your two most recent messages; I've been working some things through and haven't been getting much sleep.

Anyway, THANK YOU for reaching out to me and for sharing your personal story with me. That was really encouraging and wanted to let you know!

I see that you share a similar passion for education; I also used to instruct at the university level at Hunter College of the City University of New York in Manhattan. Hence, my CGC Registry and Board name + eBay handle "Professor" Pecora...as I went from a 9th grade drop-out in the streets of Rochester, NY to making National Dean's list in undergrad...attending NYU and Hunter College in NYC...and earning my Master of Science in Education Specializing in Math and Science with a cumulative 3.9 GPA! :-) My peers just started calling me "professor" ...so it kind of just stuck with me :-)

I should have my cable hooked up Friday morning. I chose the self install option because my apt was supposedly cable ready, but I have had weak to no connectivity and even 3 different technicians could not help me successfully trouble shoot the situation. Comcast is sending out a technician to inspect the situation, so hopefully he will have a solution. It will be two weeks now since I have watched any TV; really looking forward to getting caught up with The Walking Dead and finally watching Daredevil Season 2! (Thank you for the hook up info!)

That is my website and thank you for your support! I actually have another website address that automatically directs you to my website...it is:

www.2LE.hiphop

I have dozens of others songs I need to have mixed and mastered and dozens that I need to record. They all have pretty strong and positive messages.

Well I am about to head out of this restaurant and head back to my apt. Thanks again my friend for your messages...I am very blessed and I truly love our common CGC collecting hobby! It's guys like you that make the experience special.

Talk with you soon.

-Thomas

I haven't been around much lately, so it's great to see you back, Professor! It's also great to see you and Rune chatting, he's good people! I'm sorry to hear of your separation but I'm glade to hear you're pursuing your interests.

To both you and Rune, I have been trying to complete a Marvel series, The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones from the '80s for the last decade or so in 9.8 grade, terrible cover wrap on most 9.8 issues...

I need to check out this Dare Devil series, I've been warming up to Marvel over the years. Also, sweet copy of Dare Devil #168.

Brandon

Thanks, Thomas and Brandon. My wife and I just finished watching Daredevil Season 2, it was great, but no spoilers from me :angel: Now I'm slightly depressed, I'll have to wait a year for Season 3 :cry::taptaptap:

I did see the first two seasons of Walking Dead, but I somehow lost interest during Season 3, maybe I should try to give it another chance... hm

It was also interesting to read about your educational background, Thomas, looks like you're done really well - it takes quite an effort to get a University degree. I've also got a Ph.D. in neuroscience and had my own lab for a decade, guess that was the closest I'll ever get to being Reed in the Baxter building ;)

Of course it may take some time for Thomas to be ready for a new relationship. Just wanted to mention that a few of my friends got lucky using Match.com - and actually ended up getting married. Now, I've never used that site, so I have no idea what's out there :shy:

Could be interesting to see my top match, but being married with kids I guess that's a no-no (tsk) And of course I would end up with many sleepless nights if I got such results:

FB-elektra1_1_zpswtigqfu5.jpg

And/or

00016c42b36b127d47e818.jpg

:insane:

Maybe it's time to ask Match.com if they've included the most essential questions, like:

"My partner just bought a comic book and some art, now we have to sell the apartment I love so much and live in a tent, but I'm happy with that, because all I want is for him to be happy".

In a relationship I do think it's very important to respect each others’ interests and hobbies - even support them to some degree. In the real world, of course it may be a good idea not to share everything, thus my wife knows I got books and art, but we have separate bank accounts, so she does not know exactly what I've paid for some items :whistle: The key to a successful marriage is never to let the wife know how much you've spent on comics and art :preach::facepalm:

A hint :gossip:

"The data in Table 1 reflects that the primary cause of conflict in the individuals surveyed was finance. With 39 percent listing finances as a primary conflict and 54 percent listing it as their secondary conflict, it is evident that most couples find finance to be a primary cause of conflict. At 31 and 35 percent, communication was also a key factor. Only 1 percent felt lack of commitment as a primary conflict. Other issues included children, step children, abuse, and lack of sexual relations; these issues were less than 1 percent of primary conflict listings."

http://ncsu.edu/ffci/publications/2008/v13-n1-2008-spring/Washburn-Christensen.php

So now you know ;)

Or like Doc Joe once wrote about the biggest question in life:

"If a train left New York at 300 miles per hour, and accelerated speed 15 miles per hour, and traveled a distance of 683 miles, tell me sir: should I tell my wife how much I spent on comics?"

PS. Brandon, your collection looks amazing, congrats - http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=12355

I haven't been around much lately, so it's great to see you back, Professor! It's also great to see you and Rune chatting, he's good people! I'm sorry to hear of your separation but I'm glade to hear you're pursuing your interests.

To both you and Rune, I have been trying to complete a Marvel series, The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones from the '80s for the last decade or so in 9.8 grade, terrible cover wrap on most 9.8 issues...

I need to check out this Dare Devil series, I've been warming up to Marvel over the years. Also, sweet copy of Dare Devil #168.

Brandon

What's up Brandon!!

Great to hear from you brother!

I am not sure if you'll read this response (as my journal entry got bumped down due to its posting date), but I wanted to make sure I acknowledged you and to THANK YOU for the warm welcome back message!

I am sure I will read some of your future journal posts Mr. Shepherd! Enjoy your weekend and please do share how you ENJOYED Daredevil on Netflix!! (I know you will LOVE it!) - I just had an old college buddy of mine who is nowhere remotely into comic books or even comic book movies for that matter, but he said "Man, I'm not into comics at all...but this Daredevil show has got me!"

-Professor Pecora

Thanks, Thomas and Brandon. My wife and I just finished watching Daredevil Season 2, it was great, but no spoilers from me :angel: Now I'm slightly depressed, I'll have to wait a year for Season 3 :cry::taptaptap:

I did see the first two seasons of Walking Dead, but I somehow lost interest during Season 3, maybe I should try to give it another chance... hm

It was also interesting to read about your educational background, Thomas, looks like you're done really well - it takes quite an effort to get a University degree. I've also got a Ph.D. in neuroscience and had my own lab for a decade, guess that was the closest I'll ever get to being Reed in the Baxter building ;)

Of course it may take some time for Thomas to be ready for a new relationship. Just wanted to mention that a few of my friends got lucky using Match.com - and actually ended up getting married. Now, I've never used that site, so I have no idea what's out there :shy:

Could be interesting to see my top match, but being married with kids I guess that's a no-no (tsk) And of course I would end up with many sleepless nights if I got such results:

FB-elektra1_1_zpswtigqfu5.jpg

And/or

00016c42b36b127d47e818.jpg

:insane:

Maybe it's time to ask Match.com if they've included the most essential questions, like:

"My partner just bought a comic book and some art, now we have to sell the apartment I love so much and live in a tent, but I'm happy with that, because all I want is for him to be happy".

In a relationship I do think it's very important to respect each others’ interests and hobbies - even support them to some degree. In the real world, of course it may be a good idea not to share everything, thus my wife knows I got books and art, but we have separate bank accounts, so she does not know exactly what I've paid for some items :whistle: The key to a successful marriage is never to let the wife know how much you've spent on comics and art :preach::facepalm:

A hint :gossip:

"The data in Table 1 reflects that the primary cause of conflict in the individuals surveyed was finance. With 39 percent listing finances as a primary conflict and 54 percent listing it as their secondary conflict, it is evident that most couples find finance to be a primary cause of conflict. At 31 and 35 percent, communication was also a key factor. Only 1 percent felt lack of commitment as a primary conflict. Other issues included children, step children, abuse, and lack of sexual relations; these issues were less than 1 percent of primary conflict listings."

http://ncsu.edu/ffci/publications/2008/v13-n1-2008-spring/Washburn-Christensen.php

So now you know ;)

Or like Doc Joe once wrote about the biggest question in life:

"If a train left New York at 300 miles per hour, and accelerated speed 15 miles per hour, and traveled a distance of 683 miles, tell me sir: should I tell my wife how much I spent on comics?"

PS. Brandon, your collection looks amazing, congrats - http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=12355

What's up Rune!!

Man I LOVE your posts!! Thank you for the added humor my friend!! You had me laughing with the whole match.com essential questions in reference to Comic Collecting! Plus, you have impeccable timing of when to insert the "spoiler" imagery! lol

I haven't watched a single episode of DD Season 2 yet, but I do plan to start soon! I have the entire week off next week, so I will definitely get caught up on the last 4 episodes of the Walking Dead Season 6 AND watch the entire season of Daredevil Season 2! Rune, I would definitely advise giving the Walking Dead another try; I LOVE that show!!

Thanks for the wonderful comments Rune! Or...should I say "Dr. Rune!" I think that's awesome that you earned your Ph.D. in neuroscience and had your own lab for a decade!! Wow!!

I am gradually getting settled into my new apt. However, I must say that I have been feeling truly at PEACE with my life and it is the best feeling on earth to be able to follow my passions without any constraints! I LOVE collecting and writing about comic books and correlating their current and projected values as the characters are introduced and portrayed on the BIG screen! I love my music and just being ME! :-)

With that said, one day I do hope to meet a sexy, intelligent, but yet down-to-earth, fun and loving woman that I can truly connect with...fall in love with and grow old together...in due time I believe that will happen! However, in the meantime...I am trying to assemble a 100K CGC collection in the next 3 years! We'll see how close I can get to that goal; I currently have about 25% of it completed! (and that was within "1" year of time!)

I am currently looking for a solid copy of IH #181 CGC 9.6 WP that can possibly be pressed/flipped into a CGC 9.8 WP! I have a few prospects in mind!

What's up Rune!!

Man I LOVE your posts!! Thank you for the added humor my friend!! You had me laughing with the whole match.com essential questions in reference to Comic Collecting! Plus, you have impeccable timing of when to insert the "spoiler" imagery! lol

I haven't watched a single episode of DD Season 2 yet, but I do plan to start soon! I have the entire week off next week, so I will definitely get caught up on the last 4 episodes of the Walking Dead Season 6 AND watch the entire season of Daredevil Season 2! Rune, I would definitely advise giving the Walking Dead another try; I LOVE that show!!

Thanks for the wonderful comments Rune! Or...should I say "Dr. Rune!" I think that's awesome that you earned your Ph.D. in neuroscience and had your own lab for a decade!! Wow!!

I am gradually getting settled into my new apt. However, I must say that I have been feeling truly at PEACE with my life and it is the best feeling on earth to be able to follow my passions without any constraints! I LOVE collecting and writing about comic books and correlating their current and projected values as the characters are introduced and portrayed on the BIG screen! I love my music and just being ME! :-)

With that said, one day I do hope to meet a sexy, intelligent, but yet down-to-earth, fun and loving woman that I can truly connect with...fall in love with and grow old together...in due time I believe that will happen! However, in the meantime...I am trying to assemble a 100K CGC collection in the next 3 years! We'll see how close I can get to that goal; I currently have about 25% of it completed! (and that was within "1" year of time!)

I am currently looking for a solid copy of IH #181 CGC 9.6 WP that can possibly be pressed/flipped into a CGC 9.8 WP! I have a few prospects in mind!

Thanks, I'll admit I did have some fun writing that post :grin:

I hope you've had some time to watch a few Daredevil S2 episodes? I'm looking forward to read your review :wishluck:

I'll definitely give Walking Dead another try - I'm just getting a bit tired of shows that keep on stretching to avoid revealing some grand secret or goal, like Battlestar Galactica (I did see that one to the very end), and in Y - The Last Man I simply gave up in vol 4 and jumped to the last volume :sorry:

Shows like Daredevil and Dexter where each season has its own conclusion works better for me. Breaking Bad was ok though - and I'm also watching Better Call Saul, Season 1 wasn't that good, but Season 2 seems to be getting better and better... I've put Game of Thrones on hold (got to Season 5), but they keep killing the characters I like, sigh ;)

Maybe I should change my name to Dr. Rasmussen, but then some might think I know a lot about comics, but even if it has been an interest for decades I still feel like a rookie - there're so many books I'd love to read, but there's just not enough time.

BTW, you can find some of our latest trials here:

http://stroke.ahajournals.org/content/46/12/3470.abstract

http://cre.sagepub.com/content/30/3/225.abstract

And maybe this one if you have trouble sleeping hm;)

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014488614002611

Good luck with the ladies, do choose carefully - it's like getting a new car :idea: - it might be a tough job, and you probably have to thoroughly test drive a few to find the perfect one :grin:

- And also good luck with the 100K goal and pressing Hulk #181. I think I reached the 100K a few years back, but I'd rather tell many national secrets to evil spies than reveal that secret to my wife 2c:facepalm: