• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Letter from Bruce Lowry?

2 posts in this topic

Howdy,

Quite by accident, I stumbled on this image of a letters page from Our Army at War #163 on the Collected Editions Discussion forum:

The first letter is from Bruce Lowry, praising Bob Kanigher's story from #160 depicting an African American soldier in the story "What's the Color of Your Blood?" which Kanigher responds to, and takes a vague swipe at Marvel's depiction of African American's in comics up to that point. Anyway, I thought it was interesting and random to see Bruce's name pop-up outside the realm of the comic art community. For those here not as familiar with Bruce Lowry, he was a stalwart of the comic art collecting community, particularly in the early days of the Comicart-l mailing list in the late 90's. Bruce tragically died of a heart attack I believe while on vacation scuba diving if I recall. The Lowry Gallery was created and so named in his memory.

OAaW%20163%20LC_zpssc9okefo.jpg

A link to the message board post where I found this:

The MMB Time Capsule