• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FABULOUS FRIENDLY FAWCETTS, ALL KINDS, STARTING WITH WHIZ

71 posts in this topic

Tonight I will be listing Fawcetts, all kinds, except the ones you use for Plumbing;) (not funny right;)?

I'm starting with Whiz and ending with a surprise.

I accept Paypal, checks or MO's, Payment is due within 7 days please, unless we come to some other agreement.

First posted :takeit: wins, whether in the thread or by PM.

Shipping for these books is exact, wherever you are...well, except the Moon, that might take a while;) I use regional boxes whenever I can and I pay for private insurance, so your items are covered. If you buy anything over $250 it must go signature required.

Returns. You can return anything for any reason (even slabs) as long as you notify me within 7 days of receipt and return the item the same way it was sent within 14 days. If I made an error in the description, I'll pay for return shipping.

Thanks...and have fun...this is like a museum thread...you won't see them everywhere;)

and of course...no listers! please... :sumo:

Whiz #14, Torpedo cover CC Beck, 1941

Color is wonderful, the pages are , too. The cover is detached at the top staple and a small piece has been added, with color touch and glue. There is an X in the top margin. The book looks like a Very Fine, I'm not sure if this would be Mod or slight A, I'm not up on the C letters, but it's amateur, nice amateur, but still, I do know the resto looks like it could be removed and it would still be in the Gd/VG range or better.

VF is $992. I'm pricing it at $125 which is less than the good price. Sold to 40YrsCollctngCmcs

whiz%2014_0001.jpg

whiz%2014_0002.jpg

Whiz #24, CC Beck Torpedo Cover 1941

Great color, nice pages. There is a tiny piece of color missing at the bottom right, the paper is there. There are tears at the staples, but the cover is attached. There is a stain on the lower back. Grade is VG/F (looks better, but I think they will lower it for the stain) OSG in VG is $174, Fine is $261 Bin is $125. Sold to Buttock

whiz%2024_0001.jpg

whiz%2024_0002.jpg

It's good to be back on here! Basketball season was long! It's nice to have some free time again. I can't wait to see what you post. Your last sale (which I was late to the party with) was fantastic! Been several great sales going on the last week or so!

Color is wonderful, the pages are , too. The cover is detached at the top staple and a small piece has been added, with color touch and glue. There is an X in the top margin. The book looks like a Very Fine, I'm not sure if this would be Mod or slight A, I'm not up on the C letters, but it's amateur, nice amateur, but still, I do know the resto looks like it could be removed and it would still be in the Gd/VG range or better.

VF is $992. I'm pricing it at $125 which is less than the good price.

whiz%2014_0001.jpg

whiz%2014_0002.jpg

Take it!

whiz%2014_0001.jpg

whiz%2014_0002.jpg

Take it!

Thank you, Sold

Take it!

Thank you, Sold

Been looking for an early Whiz for sometime. This one really fits the bill. Thank you!!

Whiz Comics #26 CC Beck 1942

, Great Wartime Cover. Spy Smasher, Captain Marvel, Golden Arrow, etc.

The book has nice color and a matt finish. There is a cover spine split at the bottom (about ½ “) and the centerfold is loose, the pages are nice. There is some slight creasing near the spine. Grade is VG. VG Guide is $122, Bin is $95.

Sold to Buttock

whiz%2026_0001.jpg

whiz%2026_0002.jpg

Take it!

Thank you, Sold

Been looking for an early Whiz for sometime. This one really fits the bill. Thank you!!

Awww, I'm glad when my books go to good homes:):) enjoy it in good health!

Whiz Comics #35, CC Beck 1942, Spy Smasher, Ibis (I'm not adding the names in every listing, but there are a ton of great heroes) The pages are nice, the corner of page 14 was torn off, but it's there (it was stuck to another page corner) The centerfold is detached, there is a tiny tear top left. Grade is VG (looks more like a fine, but I deducted for the torn off page corner) OSG is $82 in VG Bin is $50

sold to

mrmyst

whiz%2035_0001.jpg

whiz%2035_0002.jpg

Whiz #37 1942 . Troll cover By Swayze (although they look like the 7 Dwarves;) Nice color and pages. There is some dirt on the back, a small crease near the spine, small stain lower right, some tiny staple tears. Grade is Fine . OSG in Fine is $123 bin is $75

Sold to Norrin's lawyer

whiz%2037_0001.jpg

whiz%2037_0002.jpg

Whiz #40 1943 CC Beck Nice color, nice pages, some creasing near the spine. This is a single staple book. There is what I believe might be a small chew at the bottom of the spine. It looks a lot better, but I'm going to call this a VG because of the “chew”. VG Guide is $82 bin is $70

whiz%2040_0002.jpg

whiz%2040_0001.jpg

Whiz Comics #45, CC Beck. 1943

Nice color, nice pages, there is a tiny piece missing at the end of the spine and a very slight Vertical bend, there is staining on the back, but it's pink, so it's fine;). Grade is VG+ (for the back staining, it' looks nicer in the front) OSG in Fine is $111, Bin is $55

whiz%2045_0001.jpg

whiz%2045_0002.jpg