• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the definitive Iron Man artist?

91 posts in this topic

:hi:

I was wondering what you guys thought? I'm interested in each era's definitive artist. :acclaim:

Silver Age

Copper Age

Modern Age

Who would you pick for each age and why? :gossip: Thanks for the opinions! (thumbs u

No question for Silver Age - Gene Colan, because he is simply the best from that era of Marvel. :sumo:

The first name that comes to mind is Bob Layton, so I'll go with that.

Colan for the SA.

+1

Bob Layton for sure.

But Adi Granov deserves a mention for the current MCU era, as his Iron Man artwork was very much the inspiration for the movie Iron Man.

Modern Age: Adi Granov

Yup. Great artist. As well as the modern Iron Man designs that he created, he also did an excellent version of the original Silver Age armour in the Extremis storyline.

Modern Age: Adi Granov

Yup. Great artist. As well as the modern Iron Man designs that he created, he also did an excellent version of the original Silver Age armour in the Extremis storyline.

100% agree about Adi Granov

The older artists I would give it to Bob Layton.

No love for George Tuska? :jokealert:

Loved Bob Layton's work overall...loved Jim Starlin's IM #100 cover, too, but I don't think he did a lot with that title except for around issue #55...

Dan

It's simple Bob Layton is the definitive IM artist.

+1

For SA, I'd have to go with Jack Kirby (sorry Don Heck). Kirby designed the original Model 1 armor (ToS 39) and the Model 2 Armor (ToS 48) that defined Iron Man's basic look ever afterward.

Tuska should never been allowed to handle a pencil.

Barry Smith was great on anything he touched