• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Dragon Ball Manga Chapter - Shonen Jump 1984 Vol 51

9 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I guess this is probably the best forum to discuss manga here in Modern Comics. Its definitely unfortunate they dont grade Shonen Jump, although it is a rather thick book. I picked up the first Dragon Ball Manga chapter shown here for 450 dollars. It has some staining on the front cover but still realy nice. Ive heard of this book selling for higher from another ebay seller, who sold his a comic book store on consignment for 975 dollars! Not sure if anyone has ever seen this sell before, maybe at a show? Thanks!

7ghNaxn.jpg

@deadleg - Yes, I believe it is. Dragonball is by far the most popular manga out there today. I would say the period between 80's - 90's would be the Golden Age of Manga.

In addition, many of today's manga artists would name Akira Toriyama (Creator of Dragon Ball) as their influences.

On 12/17/2019 at 2:28 PM, LowGrade C said:

Is there any update to if CGC Grades these types of books?! They should consider it if they haven't already. 

No expert on the thickness of jump manga back then but if they're too thick, there's no chance of grading. 

Edited by deadleg