• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOBO is a go for real!
3 3

160 posts in this topic

If I am DC I turn my focus onto Lobo, Deathstroke, Swamp Thing and Jack Kirby's Fourth World characters ASAP.

These DC characters are much more modern and would translate into all great movies.

Imagine a Mister Miracle movie?

In layman's terms I rather see Lobo and Deathstroke movies than see another Batfleck or Snyder movie again! :preach:

58 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

In layman's terms I rather see Lobo and Deathstroke movies than see another Batfleck or Snyder movie again! :preach:

About time you made a statement like that.

hm

Wait a minute.

That's twice now there has been a reference to Lobo involving Supergirl.

Lobo Easter Egg in "Crisis on Earth-X Part 1"

crisis-on-earth-x-promo-arrow-flash-supe

Dozens of DC superheroes and supervillains are coming together this week for "Crisis on Earth-X," the third annual CW/DC Universe crossover event and the largest yet. Someone not in attendance? Lobo, the spacefaring bounty hunter who was introduced as a foil for the Omega Men but went on to become one of the most popular characters of the 1990s.

The character has not yet appeared in live action (one truly amazing fan film notwithstanding), but tonight, while Supergirl fought a Dominator -- "That's so last year" -- members of the DEO staff were listing possible alien threats and buzzed right by "Czarnians."

Lobo is the last Czarnian -- the same way Superman is the last* Kryptonian, and Martian Manhunter is the last* Martian. In Lobo's case, though, he was not sent to Earth fleeing a catastrophe; he was the catastrophe, murdering most of his world's inhabitants.

This is not the first time Supergirl has got fans talking about Lobo; during a 2016 episode, the DEO whispered in hushed tones about "him" -- an unnamed but obviously dangerous interstellar bounty hunter presumed by many to be Lobo.

9 hours ago, rabidwolf said:

Looks like no longer a go.

That's the rumor right now. This and Deadshot. But with the new DC Universe lead just coming in, he'll probably reevaluating everything in the pipeline.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

That's the rumor right now. This and Deadshot. But with the new DC Universe lead just coming in, he'll probably reevaluating everything in the pipeline.

I hope they both get made. Both characters have Deadpool appeal and would be huge hits.

They could use Lobo is multiple pictures with interacting with the Green Lanterns. The bike alone is cool.

044d3ab48e2ff9ba8bf3f8efc3965d4e--lobo-wallpaper-otaku.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I hope they both get made. Both characters have Deadpool appeal and would be huge hits.

They could use Lobo is multiple pictures with interacting with the Green Lanterns. The bike alone his cool.

044d3ab48e2ff9ba8bf3f8efc3965d4e--lobo-wallpaper-otaku.jpg

5 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Same. I’m rooting for lobo. Could be a nice change of pace.

Totally agree.

I honestly think he would be a breakout hero for DC and change the whole perception.

My other characters other than Deathstroke would be Neil Gaiman's Sandman,Alan Moore's Swampthing and John Ostrander's Spectre.

DC has to start using more of their more modern heroes to show there is more to their universe than the Superfriends.

4 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

doh!first my turtles and now this...

Supposedly he is the first of a few directors they are going to meet with after receiving a -script the studio is pleased with.

Please - someone else.

:wishluck:

Michael Bay Eyed to Direct DC Superhero ‘Lobo’ Movie (Exclusive)

lobo-michael-bay.png

Prolific action director Michael Bay is being eyed to direct his first-ever superhero movie, “Lobo,” which DC and Warner Bros. hope could be their answer to “Deadpool,” multiple insiders told TheWrap exclusively.

Bay met with DC to discuss the project and gave some notes that “Wonder Woman” writer Jason Fuchs will incorporate into a rewrite, the insiders told TheWrap. The studio plans to show the rewrite to Bay to see if they can make a deal, the insiders said.

The project centers on a blue-skinned, 7-foot-tall, heavily muscled antihero alien who works as an interstellar mercenary and bounty hunter. The character became popular among DC fans following his revival in the early ’90s as a biker anti-hero.

“San Andreas” director Brad Peyton was previously attached to direct “Lobo,” with Joel Silver and Akiva Goldsman producing.

WB has been developing “Lobo” since 2009, when the studio hired Guy Ritchie to direct from a screenplay by the late Don Payne. That project would have featured Lobo landing on Earth in search of four fugitives.

LOBO Screenwriter Reveals The Comic Book Run He's Drawing Inspiration From

Jason Fuchs impressed Warner Bros. enough on Wonder Woman that he was given a second writing assignment, bringing Lobo to life in a film that might potentially be directed by Michael Bay (Transformers).

LRM recently caught up with Fuchs, where he disclosed the comic book creators he studied while penning the screenplay.

"I think when you’re working on comic book characters, especially ones that are near and dear to my heart, like Wonder Woman and Lobo are, you want to create something that’s true to what the original text is. I think Wonder Woman really captures the feeling of — not only the original Moulton Marston comics, but the George Perez run in the late-80s. It feels like reading those comics up on the big screen. So for something like Lobo, without saying too much about it, it’ll feel, I imagine, quite different because the Lobo comic itself is quite different. What Keith Giffen and Alan Grant put together was something really unique, and hopefully, we’ll capture some of that same spirit when we make the movie."

Not too long ago, a rumor surfaced that Lobo, along with a Will Smith Deadshot spinoff were two of several DCEU films that had been scrapped in the wake of Justice League failing to meet box office expectations. However, it appears that rumor was false and WB is bullishly moving ahead virtually all of its previously announced sequels, spinoffs and standalone installments, including an out of continuity Joker film.