• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOBO is a go for real!
3 3

160 posts in this topic

Just saw a movie called Hostiles (the one with Christian Bale).  It occurred to while watching it, Ben Foster wouldn't be a bad choice to play Lobo.  Based on some of his other movies, he can definitely pour on the intensity and darkness if he needs too.

173389_v9_bb.jpg

On 10/5/2018 at 11:45 PM, rabidwolf said:

That’s really not that much in comparison to many of the modern “keys” that sell for multiples of omega men 3. There’s more than twice as many NM98s for example. The other surprising thing about omega men 3 is still no 9.9 or 10 graded. I have a feeling some of the 9.8s are regrades of people trying to get the illusive 9.9 or 10

there are almost 1100 9.8 1st venoms not to mention several 9.9s and as we all know those 9.8s go for 10 times an omega men 3

IMHO omega is a very undervalued book 

I agree. Lobo is DC`s Venom. I would say I put Omega Men #3 up there with New Teen Titans #2 as the two biggest DC keys since 1980 because Lobo and Deathstroke are the two best new characters DC has created since 1980.

A strong third would be John Constantine.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I agree. Lobo is DC`s Venom. I would say I put Omega Men #3 up there with New Teen Titans #2 as the two biggest DC keys since 1980 because Lobo and Deathstroke are the two best new characters DC has created since 1980.

Say What?!??! "A strong third"??!????!?? Man, I have no words. John Constantine is one of my favourite characters from the 80s, along with Badger, Grim Jack & Jon Sable. Lobo is ok, but Deathstroke who?

2 minutes ago, Cimm said:

Say What?!??! "A strong third"??!????!?? Man, I have no words. John Constantine is one of my favourite characters from the 80s, along with Badger, Grim Jack & Jon Sable. Lobo is ok, but Deathstroke who?

From a standpoint for video games and action figures to go along with movies/TV I have to put John Constantine at number 3.

Deathstroke = Deadpool

Lobo = Venom

John Constantine = ?

Just from a marketing standpoint I see Deathstroke crossing many more different media than John Constantine. John`s a acquired taste.

So Deathstroke number one. lol.

Image result for deathstroke after credit scene

6 minutes ago, Cimm said:

Good list.

I would put Dreadstar and Nexus in there as well.

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

From a standpoint for video games and action figures to go along with movies/TV I have to put John Constantine at number 3.

Deathstroke = Deadpool

Lobo = Venom

John Constantine = ?

Just from a marketing standpoint I see Deathstroke crossing many more different media than John Constantine. John`s a acquired taste.

So Deathstroke number one. lol.

Image result for deathstroke after credit scene

That's because DC (current leadership) doesn't realize that John Constantine is John Wick with magic instead of guns.

EDIT... I just realized what an unfortunate parallel that is given that Keanu sucked as JC and rocks as JW.

Edited by Cimm

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:
On 10/5/2018 at 9:45 PM, rabidwolf said:

That’s really not that much in comparison to many of the modern “keys” that sell for multiples of omega men 3. There’s more than twice as many NM98s for example. The other surprising thing about omega men 3 is still no 9.9 or 10 graded. I have a feeling some of the 9.8s are regrades of people trying to get the illusive 9.9 or 10

there are almost 1100 9.8 1st venoms not to mention several 9.9s and as we all know those 9.8s go for 10 times an omega men 3

IMHO omega is a very undervalued book 

Ummm.....none of those books are close to the actual biggest DC key since 1980.

12 minutes ago, kimik said:

Ummm.....none of those books are close to the actual biggest DC key since 1980.

Ok, I will bite what is?

Watchmen #1 or Dark Knight Returns?

Before you answer I was thinking more along the lines since 1980 that Deathstroke, Lobo and John Constantine have been the three big new key characters introduced in the DC Universe.

I could though see an argument for the Watchmen characters?

hm

13 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Ok, I will bite what is?

Watchmen #1 or Dark Knight Returns?

Before you answer I was thinking more along the lines since 1980 that Deathstroke, Lobo and John Constantine have been the three big new key characters introduced in the DC Universe.

I could though see an argument for the Watchmen characters?

hm

Harley Quinn... hands down the "biggest" character DC has had in the last 30 years

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Yes, but technically she debuted on Batman The Animated Series and not in the comics.

Doesn't keep Batman Adventures #12 from being the hottest modern key out there. And realistically, the Harley Quinn that became so popular, wasn't the Harley Quinn that was Joker's girlfriend... the Harley Quinn whose popularity went stratospheric was the "reformed" bad girl heroine that Amanda Connors brought.

27 minutes ago, Cimm said:

Doesn't keep Batman Adventures #12 from being the hottest modern key out there. And realistically, the Harley Quinn that became so popular, wasn't the Harley Quinn that was Joker's girlfriend... the Harley Quinn whose popularity went stratospheric was the "reformed" bad girl heroine that Amanda Connors brought.

I thought it got crazy after Margo Robbie showed up...

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I thought it got crazy after Margo Robbie showed up...

Nah, if anything, I'd say she slowed it down. Which is not to say that movie hype did not influence the climb, but it was climbing before the movie & it was climbing after the movie. Wish I owned one. Not really in my wheelhouse though.

28 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

So a revision of the top four new DC heroes since 1980.

1. Harley Quinn.

2.Deathstroke

3. Lobo

4. John Constantine

any other DC heroes that should join the list?

Booster Gold? Maybe Damian Wayne or Jason Todd Red Hood.

Other than that, there really isn't anything more of note to be honest. Azrael had a run in the early 90s that has crashed. Stephanie Brown/Prowler has cooled off a lot (I still think there is decent potential with her long term, though), and Cassandra Cain/Batgirl or Kate Kane/Batwoman are just being hyped now due to TV rumors.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

So a revision of the top four new DC heroes since 1980.

1. Harley Quinn.

2. John Constantine

3. Lobo

4. Deathstroke

any other DC heroes that should join the list?

Fixed that for ya. :D

Edited by Cimm
spacing & hilarity

11 hours ago, kimik said:

...Stephanie Brown/Prowler has cooled off a lot (I still think there is decent potential with her long term, though)...

Spoiler

Spoiler :wink:

Edited by Batman

13 hours ago, Cimm said:

...And realistically, the Harley Quinn that became so popular, wasn't the Harley Quinn that was Joker's girlfriend... the Harley Quinn whose popularity went stratospheric was the "reformed" bad girl heroine that Amanda Connors brought.

I'm not sure I would agree with that. There's no denying HQ's popularity is at an all time high, however she was already extremely popular prior to the New 52 reboot.