• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOBO is a go for real!
3 3

160 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2022 at 7:23 PM, D84 said:

He'd be a great Lobo, but does that mean they are replacing him as Aquaman?

I bet between Lobo's makeup and attitude, they could just gloss over that the two characters are by the same actor.

On 11/11/2022 at 7:33 AM, APDallas said:

If Lobo is coming do u think Omega Men is not far behind?

I have waited for a long time to see if WB/DC could finally pull it together on titles like Omega Men, Justice League Dark, Metal Men, Extreme Justice, Infinity Inc. and Shadowpact.

If only. :wishluck:

On 11/11/2022 at 6:17 AM, Bosco685 said:

I have waited for a long time to see if WB/DC could finally pull it together on titles like Omega Men, Justice League Dark, Metal Men, Extreme Justice, Infinity Inc. and Shadowpact.

If only. :wishluck:

I’d imagine it’s gotta be on someone’s wish list in the DCU. If we have Justice League, Suicide Squad and Doom Patrol - Omega Men or Metal Men could be there, too. The foundation has been established with all the cornerstone heroes (Supes, Bats, WW) I would think that developing other characters are a little easier than they would have been 20 years ago.

In a recent interview with CBR, the Aquaman actor is asked to follow up on the recent postings and clarify what is actually going on. When asked to "blink twice" if Momoa's DCU dream project is indeed about Lobo, he gives a diplomatic answer about it without definitively saying yes or no. Momoa shares the following:

"Well I have to obviously blink, so there’s no way I can get out of this without blinking, but you know that would be amazing if that happened. I’m just happy that [James] Gunn is at the helm and [Peter] Safran, who is just like my heart. So I'm in good hands and I think comic book fans around the world are going to be very excited."

On 5/9/2021 at 9:08 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Honestly, I really think Omega Men #3 CGC 9.8 is one of the most under priced comic at the moment.  Whether this movie happens or not.

Plus, DC really needs an R-rated character.

***Yes, I did add Omega Men #3 and Lobo #1 to my collection this week^^

I'm going to bump my old post back in 2021:banana:.

This news makes me extremely happy.  A few points...

- James Gunn involved with Lobo (in whatever capacity) is wonderful news

- I don't want Jason Mamoa to be cast as Lobo (he's Aquaman)

- Has to be R-rated (this is a must)

- Please don't make him be part of an already existing superhero movie...have his own movie

***Cast Dave Bautista!!!

On 11/16/2022 at 5:41 PM, Bosco685 said:
On 11/16/2022 at 5:12 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Has to be R-rated (this is a must)

***Cast Dave Bautista!!!

Yes please!

Not my first choice. After seeing him in Glass Onion they need to go with someone younger and a better fit for the character. He is starting to show his age a bit more than he was in the MCU.

On 1/3/2023 at 11:59 PM, kimik said:

Not my first choice. After seeing him in Glass Onion they need to go with someone younger and a better fit for the character. He is starting to show his age a bit more than he was in the MCU.

Agreed. We have three classic Lobo stories (The Last Czarnian, Lobo's Back and Paramilitary) that need fleshed out properly (we'll probably not get those, though lol). I think Batista is great, but I don't think he's Lobo. I almost feel that they need to get someone known for the role who seemingly fits the character in terms of how fans/audience see it, rather than plug someone in and "make" them Lobo.

On 10/12/2023 at 4:15 AM, Larryw7 said:

His work on Justice League in the late eighties was priceless. God rest his soul.

The Great Darkness Saga in LSH was my intro into comics. Before that I would occasionally buy issues of Adventure, JLA, Avengers, Batman, House of Mystery but after reading that storyline I became a monthly reader of LSH. That just opened the door into regular consumption of multiple titles.

Edited by RedRaven