• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 + April 21-23 2017, It's Never Too Early or to late
4 4

207 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

What's the comic book scene like? Are there a good amount of golden age books st this show?

Overall there's strong representation, including many of the major dealers who dabble in Gold. (And definitely a lot more than the Big Apple Con a couple weeks ago.) Wizard World Chicago probably has a few more Gold dealers than C2E2, likely due to the fact that it is cheaper to set up in Rosemont, IL (Wiz World), as opposed to McCormick Place (C2E2). But C2E2 is MUCH closer to downtown Chicago, making it fun for everyone, including finding a place for dinner...

The momentum seems to be swinging toward C2E2 vs. Wiz World these days. I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more comics there than last year. You can always wait until they post the exhibitors list to decide.

8 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Overall there's strong representation, including many of the major dealers who dabble in Gold. (And definitely a lot more than the Big Apple Con a couple weeks ago.) Wizard World Chicago probably has a few more Gold dealers than C2E2, likely due to the fact that it is cheaper to set up in Rosemont, IL (Wiz World), as opposed to McCormick Place (C2E2). But C2E2 is MUCH closer to downtown Chicago, making it fun for everyone, including finding a place for dinner...

The momentum seems to be swinging toward C2E2 vs. Wiz World these days. I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more comics there than last year. You can always wait until they post the exhibitors list to decide.

Im likely gonna make it Saturday. 

I gotta go Amtrak (21 hr ride each way)

1 hour ago, Junkdrawer said:

Im likely gonna make it Saturday. 

I gotta go Amtrak (21 hr ride each way)

That is dedication!

3 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Do you work for Reed or something?  This has not been my experience at all, not even close...not even a little bit.

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

Do you work for Reed or something?  This has not been my experience at all, not even close...not even a little bit.

Hmm. I don't have a horse in this race, and didn't intend to make this impression. I've attended both shows for 5+ years. This is just my own experience. I've actually found nice Golden Age books at both shows. Feel free to share your viewpoint in more detail; I'm open to hearing other perspectives on C2E2 vs. Wizard World Chicago.

2 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hmm. I don't have a horse in this race, and didn't intend to make this impression. I've attended both shows for 5+ years. This is just my own experience. I've actually found nice Golden Age books at both shows. Feel free to share your viewpoint in more detail; I'm open to hearing other perspectives on C2E2 vs. Wizard World Chicago.

I love the venue for C2E2, it's very pretty. As someone who lives in Chicago, driving to the show and parking there is terrible. As far as panels and celebs I can't comment as I'm not there for those things. I'm there for the comic books and I've always found the depth and breadth of material is far greater at WW Chicago. I'm not in the GA market so I can't speak to that either, but for silver, bronze and copper it's not even close.

6 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I love the venue for C2E2, it's very pretty. As someone who lives in Chicago, driving to the show and parking there is terrible. As far as panels and celebs I can't comment as I'm not there for those things. I'm there for the comic books and I've always found the depth and breadth of material is far greater at WW Chicago. I'm not in the GA market so I can't speak to that either, but for silver, bronze and copper it's not even close.

OK, thanks for clarifying. I usually end up taking the #3 bus downtown to C2E2; it's a direct shot to the conference center. Yeah, I'm not much for the celebs either. I can't comment much on silver, bronze, and copper material. But there are usually a reliable number of dealers with GA stuff, such as Harley, Bob Storms/High Grade, Stephen Ritter/Worldwide, Ted/Superworld, Bedrock, Al Stolz/Basement Comics, Metropolis, Dale Roberts, and more.

Given up on WW Chicago.  I never liked it once Wizard got a hold of it.  I am going SAT.  If anyone has a dealer pass for sale please let me know.

Also, where do you park up there, seems like it will be hard to find a spot.

25 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

OK, thanks for clarifying. I usually end up taking the #3 bus downtown to C2E2; it's a direct shot to the conference center. Yeah, I'm not much for the celebs either. I can't comment much on silver, bronze, and copper material. But there are usually a reliable number of dealers with GA stuff, such as Harley, Bob Storms/High Grade, Stephen Ritter/Worldwide, Ted/Superworld, Bedrock, Al Stolz/Basement Comics, Metropolis, Dale Roberts, and more.

All those guys are at WW Chicago, plus a ton of other dealers that I normally don't see at C2E2.

25 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

Given up on WW Chicago.  I never liked it once Wizard got a hold of it.  I am going SAT.  If anyone has a dealer pass for sale please let me know.

I take an Uber, but I live fairly close. Unless you get there early on Saturday, parking can be challenging. The last time we did it they had us park a few blocks away.

I wonder if the onsite grading will bump up the number of big dealers setting up?  It definitely will only increase the number of ticket holders.

1 hour ago, WoWitHurts said:

I've gone to C2E2 about 3 times.  The first two times I was able to park in a parking garage that offers a relatively short indoor walk to the convention.  Last year as I approached, a sign stated that the garage was full.  So, I had to park several blocks away outdoors.  

I'll be going there again, as they do put on a nice show.  They also seem to have more original artwork dealers than WW Chicago (though neither show has many). 

I'll be there Saturday! :whee:

Last year was my first one, and I actually purchased my first golden age Batman comic there. I remember there being at least 3-4 booths that had impressive (to me anyway) gold to scour through. All in all not a bad experience in regards to comic shopping; didn't seem much different than WW Chicago. I think I enjoyed the venue better than WW Chicago though.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:09 PM, jsilverjanet said:

hope to go that day also

I'll be there Friday and Saturday.