• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Frazetta sure is impressive.

The Warren horror books are truly an underrated part of the comic book medium. There is so much great art , and stories. I can't imagine anyone not loving these books.

It seems weird that Frazzeta is gone 

RIP

29 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Yes, but is it $3999 USD nice?

Normally, I wouldn't think so - not when my 9.0 sold for $3500 recently.  But with the $8000 sale of a Creepy 1 9.4 SS who knows right now?

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Normally, I wouldn't think so - not when my 9.0 sold for $3500 recently.  But with the $8000 sale of a Creepy 1 9.4 SS who knows right now?

That's the problem with these one off sales like this. I almost had nycomix down to 7k per book, but then this happened.... Sean I sent you a PM.

21 hours ago, oakman29 said:

7.5's are going for 3100.00 these days?

Your comment sounds like you are comparing this to Hulk 181. FYI, Frazetta SS series is very limited. I don't think Frazetta Vampirella #1 SS has 11,192 graded comics like Hulk 181 does. Jeesh!

3 hours ago, icefires said:

Which begs the question: Exactly how many Vampirella #1 SS Frazetta sigs are there?

There are are actually 13 others graded higher and 12 others that are signed in 7.5.(thumbsu

Edited by stippy52

True story...  when I was a midshipman at US Naval Academy in 1986 in downtown Annapolis at a gallery there they had about 20 original painting covers for sale that you could even flip through to see, not even displayed.  Mostly paperback covers.  Maybe around 3000 to 10000 bucks.  Too rich for a poor navy guy but truly awesome to see...

9 hours ago, icefires said:

This one at least. 

But don't forget "That's a hell of a nice 7.5"

B|

Oh I agree with the price and grade. I personally feel that Vampirella 1 is the Action 1 of the horror genre, and should be priced as such.

Edited by oakman29