• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, deadleg said:

I’d say the Tally-Ho myself. His first professional work in a comic and it’s the Edgar Church copy. The Vampi #1 at a 9.4 would have to be right up there as well. 

The Vamp 1 9.4 is a double sig with Neal Adams. I would take the 9.0 that seanfingh sold over that, to be honest. The Adams sig isn't the best. I recall it is signed in white marker as well, which I think could stick to the slab but memory is hazy. 

6 minutes ago, cstojano said:

Subtract one of the Tally-Ho 5.5s as it was deslabbed. I posted pics somewhere on here. Thanks for the tally.

Couldn’t you just get it reholdered as long as you still had the label, or does cracking a SS void it’s certification? 

9 minutes ago, deadleg said:
17 minutes ago, cstojano said:

Subtract one of the Tally-Ho 5.5s as it was deslabbed. I posted pics somewhere on here. Thanks for the tally.

Couldn’t you just get it reholdered as long as you still had the label, or does cracking a SS void it’s certification? 

I believe that cracking an SS voids the chain-of-custody from SS witness to encapsulation. If you can get the book to an SS witness to crack and keep the chain-of-custody going, then you can add signatures and get it re-slabbed as SS.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

I believe that cracking an SS voids the chain-of-custody from SS witness to encapsulation. If you can get the book to an SS witness to crack and keep the chain-of-custody going, then you can add signatures and get it re-slabbed as SS.

Correct, the piece is no longer SS and never will be. I guess a green label is the best you can do, which isn't worth it. 

22 hours ago, cstojano said:

The 50k number is the number of times I expect to see this book relisted. 

You never know. Don't forget the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who payed $8,000 for the Frazetta Creepy #1!

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I think the 191 number is high, probably by about 10-20%.

I still miss my Vampi #1 8.5. Sigh.

I think I remember seeing your Vampi 1. Did you show it off at one point.

I don't follow these parts of the board so if this has been posted already, my apologies.  But this seemed like the type of thing you guys might find interesting.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/frank-frazetta-the-swordsman-of-mars-level52-studios-904173

image.png.727150e8cf53fd0c3ec55bae2b392b74.png

There are a few other statues on that site as well.

25 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I don't follow these parts of the board so if this has been posted already, my apologies.  But this seemed like the type of thing you guys might find interesting.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/frank-frazetta-the-swordsman-of-mars-level52-studios-904173

Who are you calling "You guys"?

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Who are you calling "You guys"?

You're right, you're right.  My apologies.

"You ladies"  :nyah:

(but in all seriousness, this is actually my first time in the comics magazine section of the boards.  I just meant people who frequent this particular sub-topic.)

20 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

You're right, you're right.  My apologies.

"You ladies"  :nyah:

(but in all seriousness, this is actually my first time in the comics magazine section of the boards.  I just meant people who frequent this particular sub-topic.)

Stick around mags. are more fun anyway. 

On 4/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, ExNihilo said:

I have it on pre order. Should be in soon.