• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

Yeah, the prices are crazy. I'm tempted to make an offer, but it would be so much lower I doubt it would work.

Too bad that Vamp in a reprint. I would say it's actually worth less than the others, not more.

The mags, to me are all worth $2000-3500 a piece. The Blue Vampi reprint has the lowest value. I don't know about the Tim Holt, but $5-7k tops is what I am thinking.

They are fantastic books.

The mags, to me are all worth $2000-3500 a piece. The Blue Vampi reprint has the lowest value. I don't know about the Tim Holt, but $5-7k tops is what I am thinking.

Yep. Crazy high prices. And "flooding" the market seems like a terrible strategy to grossly overprice your books.

And yes, they are awesome books.

Yep. Crazy high prices. And "flooding" the market seems like a terrible strategy to grossly overprice your books.

I don't think it is such a bad strategy and here is why:

- If you price them at "market" you run the risk of too many of them selling.(I assume that he only wants to move a couple of them, and he is putting the variety out there, so people can choose their favorite cover)

- ebay has moved to a BIN based model, so you don't want to start out anywhere but high, then people can make offers into a range that is palatable.

- I don't think they are grossly overpriced. I think they are aggressively priced, and based upon their rarity and the really high grades, there is no reason to be anything but aggressive.

- If you price them at "market" you run the risk of too many of them selling.(I assume that he only wants to move a couple of them, and he is putting the variety out there, so people can choose their favorite cover)

- ebay has moved to a BIN based model, so you don't want to start out anywhere but high, then people can make offers into a range that is palatable.

- I don't think they are grossly overpriced. I think they are aggressively priced, and based upon their rarity and the really high grades, there is no reason to be anything but aggressive.

All true, and as one wise man once explained it to me...they aren't looking to get a price that 10 people would pay, they are looking to get a price one person would pay.

Personally $7,500 vs. $2,000 - $3,500 seems grossly overpriced to me. (shrug)

I get your point though about offering so many. It will be interesting to see if any sell and what they sell for.

Pretty hard not to go with Vampi 1. Although a Weird Science Fantasy 29 would be close.

Vampirella #1 and Creepy #32 would be my picks. If there was a Creepy 32 in there I would certainly entertain his outlandish prices for it.

Edited by oakman29

if you could have a frazetta sig on any comic or mag

what would it be?

I had a Creepy 4 and 7, a Vampi 1 and an Eerie 5 for the first signing. I was very cash strapped at the time and could only do one. I chose the Vampi 1. I wish I could go back in time and get the other 3 done.

I eventually got the Creepy 4 and Eeire 5 signed by Jim Warren. I gave the 7 to JJ for Frazetta. I think it is a 9.2. I would really love the chance to buy that 7. I don't know where it is now.

I would seriously struggle if I had to come up with one book to get signed. I'm sure I would agonize over it.

I did. The Vampi was my least favorite cover, but I went with it because it was a key. The Vampire - Werewolf battle was the one I really wanted.