• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

A lot of people here saying the auction ended really low. Question: Why didn't you outbid the winner?

Personally I didn't have the money for it. But I absolutely would have bid higher if I hadn't picked up a Frazetta SS earlier in the year.

A lot of people here saying the auction ended really low. Question: Why didn't you outbid the winner?

Personally I don't think this was a great deal; a good deal yes but not great IMO. I was also underbidder on a 5.5 that closed at around 1200. But people in his thread seem to value these higher than I. GPA results for this book, other 7.0s in bold; quite a spread:

5000, 9.4, June 2015;

2800, 8.5, Jan 2013;

2060, 8.0, Feb 2014;

510, 7.5, June 2009;

2700, 7.0, Sept 2016;

810, 7.0, Jan 2013;

1000, 5.5, Feb 2012;

1195, 5.5 Nov 2016

Perhaps I rely too much on GPA for my valuation but I don't have much historical experience with these books. That said, I didn't cost the winner much with my bid as a 3rd person was right behind me, so the value seems well supported at 2k.

Edited by cstojano

Great stuff, the ink almost looks 3D or elevated on the sig. Is that an optical illusion?

It's an illusion. I see what you mean, but that's a piece dust on the case over the cross bar of the double tt that makes it look 3D. :)

Did the 2008 signing use a ball point pen? I always assumed we had the markers (silver/gold) for darker covers and some kind of fine ink pen for these Vamp 1s. But the more I look at these sigs the more they look like a standard old BIC pen. Can that be? Maybe I am too anal about the signatures here.

Creepy #3 $1135

Creepy #27 $1553

I would have happily paid those prices. Someone got a great deal.

Those are unbelievably weak prices. I don't know what it is going to take for people to understand that the SS market is unique. If you choose venues like C-Link or Heritage you are virtually guaranteed to miss a big chunk of the market.

I need to pay attention more. I don't do the big auctions so I didn't even know they were listed.

It couldn't have helped that the titles of the listings didn't even mention Frazetta. Just "Creepy #3 Signature Series".

Killer marketing job, Heritage. lol

I sold these in private sales for higher prices...... wow weak results.

Creepy #3 $1135

Creepy #27 $1553

I would have happily paid those prices. Someone got a great deal.

Those are unbelievably weak prices. I don't know what it is going to take for people to understand that the SS market is unique. If you choose venues like C-Link or Heritage you are virtually guaranteed to miss a big chunk of the market.

I need to pay attention more. I don't do the big auctions so I didn't even know they were listed.

It couldn't have helped that the titles of the listings didn't even mention Frazetta. Just "Creepy #3 Signature Series".

Killer marketing job, Heritage. lol

I sold these in private sales for higher prices...... wow weak results.

I would love to add your four Creepys for near these prices ;)