• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

May I ask if you bought for the book or the signature, and if you don't mind me asking did the seller know how much his autograph was worth?

I bought it for the signature. Love Frazetta art. Was prepared to pay more for it but no one else bid any higher. Sellers sells a lot of "pop culture" autographed items but doesn't seem to list in the proper categories. 

7 minutes ago, buckycap said:

I bought it for the signature. Love Frazetta art. Was prepared to pay more for it but no one else bid any higher. Sellers sells a lot of "pop culture" autographed items but doesn't seem to list in the proper categories. 

Very good for you, a great grab.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:16 PM, icefires said:

Yep, I already have evidence of 3 signings. Meaning there were more than two. I have spent time documenting info from any source I can find. However, my spreadsheet only contains 65 books so far. Why would people in the know want to keep it a secret?

There may have been three dates (or even 4 dates) but they were all done by either Chainnball or NYComics. And a TON of information is available in the SIg Room.  So I can be technically wrong, and for that I am sorry, but I am 98% right.  If you want the info, most of it is out there and it comes from from the signing(s) of one of those two facilitators.

1 hour ago, buckycap said:

What about it makes you say that?

It looks pretty solid to me.  I don’t know how anyone could make an outright statement that it isn’t, especially with Frazetta’s own discussion about making the iconic signature.  I think it’s a great piece in your collection.  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, buckycap said:

What about it makes you say that?

Everything? 

Look at his other listings, it's all fake. 

A Syd Barrett "signature" on a random scrap of paper with the other founding members of Pink Floyd? Has it been in his pocket for the last 40 something years? Do you have any idea how rare something like that is?

13 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Everything? 

Look at his other listings, it's all fake. 

A Syd Barrett "signature" on a random scrap of paper with the other founding members of Pink Floyd? Has it been in his pocket for the last 40 something years? Do you have any idea how rare something like that is?

Don't come at me like I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person please. All you replied was "it isn't" without any explanation or back up information. Yes I do agree some of his listings look very off and yes I have an idea how rare some of those signatures are. The reason I posted here was to get some experts opinions.

19 hours ago, seanfingh said:

There may have been three dates (or even 4 dates) but they were all done by either Chainnball or NYComics. And a TON of information is available in the SIg Room.  So I can be technically wrong, and for that I am sorry, but I am 98% right.  If you want the info, most of it is out there and it comes from from the signing(s) of one of those two facilitators.

Agreed. Thanks.

Edited by icefires

So I collected a large number of images I could find online of Frazetta SS pieces. Unfortunately, more than half are corrupted for some reason. That said, the dates are pretty consistent. I see the following dates on labels

11/23/08

5/10/08

7/12/08

1/11/09

5/29/09

5/30/09