• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

I did not get a Vampirella #1 signed, at the time most of the submissions were that book, and I wanted books signed that very few people had.

Yes, there are some that I have that others had signed too, but most are the only copy. (or the highest graded).

There are a few like the Blazing Combat #2 that I regret not having signed, but there is no changing that now.. :P

I did not get a Vampirella #1 signed, at the time most of the submissions were that book, and I wanted books signed that very few people had.

Yes, there are some that I have that others had signed too, but most are the only copy. (or the highest graded).

There are a few like the Blazing Combat #2 that I regret not having signed, but there is no changing that now.. :P

I am green with envy. :sick:

If you EVER get any idea that you need to sell one of these Frazetta beauties, please for the love of God keep me in mind. I have wanted a Frazetta signature for I don't know how long. (worship)

Back in the late 80's I visited the Frazetta museum. In the gift shop they had posters for sale of his redo of the "Cat Girl" painting (which was awesome to see the original in person). The poster was $10 but you could also buy a version of it that included a 4" strip of mat board at the bottom that had on it an original Frazetta sketch and his sig for only $1000. There were several there each with a different sketch. These would be a bargain now, but being a starving artist at the time all I could afford was the $10 poster. :( Still a beautiful piece though!

Assuming a book is worth $100 raw in whatever grade, what would a Frazetta Signature Series of that book be worth?

(Is there a general consensus on the value of the Frazetta S/S?)

$1500, at least. And the higher grade the book, or the more rare the book is in grade, the more base value I would put on it. So, you may be able to get a 9.8 Blue Vampi #1 for $100, but I think that is a $1500 -1800 book.

GPA on a Vampi #1 in 8.5 in 2014 was about $450. RMA got $2800 for his 8.5 Frazetta SS copy.

Right around that time, I got an offer of $3500 for my 9.0 with a GPA around $700 for blue.

So an absolute beater .5 Thunda or Weird Fantasy book might fetch $1500, but a 5.5 or an 8.0 would see a much greater spread on the "value" of the Frazetta book, because it is a better vehicle for the sig.

Assuming a book is worth $100 raw in whatever grade, what would a Frazetta Signature Series of that book be worth?

$1500, at least. And the higher grade the book, or the more rare the book is in grade, the more base value I would put on it. So, you may be able to get a 9.8 Blue Vampi #1 for $100, but I think that is a $1500 -1800 book.

GPA on a Vampi #1 in 8.5 in 2014 was about $450. RMA got $2800 for his 8.5 Frazetta SS copy.

Right around that time, I got an offer of $3500 for my 9.0 with a GPA around $700 for blue.

So an absolute beater .5 Thunda or Weird Fantasy book might fetch $1500, but a 5.5 or an 8.0 would see a much greater spread on the "value" of the Frazetta book, because it is a better vehicle for the sig.

I agree there's a lot that goes into it. A tough book, or top census, etc. combined with the signature can set off some big numbers. His classic comic and magazine covers do the same.

This is my magazine that I handpicked and subbed during the original Frazetta opp. It's a top census copy and one of his Classic covers that was originally on Vampirella 9. I chose this 9.8 copy over the 6.0-8.0 copies of Vampi 9 I could find.

Eerie8798ss_zps5e753a9e.jpg

Didn't have it at the time, or I would have...

:cloud9:(worship)

Only one in the Census at a 9.8. I'm jealous but happy for you. That has to be a tough book to grade with the white cover.

Edited by deadleg

Thanks. I hadn't checked GPAnalysis, but a lot of the Frazetta S/S books sold years ago. Your current estimate of +$1,500 minimum, regardless of which Frazetta S/S book, was what I was asking. (thumbs u

My Frazetta S/S is on about a $200 book (without the sig).