• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

What was Frazetta charging for a sig on an SS book? And I take it SS signing opportunities were few and far between?

It was about $300 for the first round, but that included SS slabbing.

What was Frazetta charging for a sig on an SS book? And I take it SS signing opportunities were few and far between?

It was about $300 for the first round, but that included SS slabbing.

And that was in an era where the only person (for the most part) charging for sigs was Stan and he was $20-25 a throw.

It was a staggering amount of money at the time, but many knew better than I how good the ROI was going to be.

And could you just hand in a stack of books with your payment of $9,000 or whatever or were there limits?

Clearly if the lowliest book out there like the 90s Deathdealers that are had for cover price or less are $1000-1500 SS slabs, then paying $300 was well worth it. Wish this had occurred to me. In 2009 I actually had a little bit of cash handy.

And could you just hand in a stack of books with your payment of $9,000 or whatever or were there limits?

Clearly if the lowliest book out there like the 90s Deathdealers that are had for cover price or less are $1000-1500 SS slabs, then paying $300 was well worth it. Wish this had occurred to me. In 2009 I actually had a little bit of cash handy.

Chainnball handled that first signing with Frazetta. I believe he said they got to sit and watch a Cubs game with him one afternoon while he signed.

There were a limited number of "slots", so I think only a few people got more than one (and I know I only got one).

I have read through this thread quite a few times over the past few days.

It's really a great discussion and celebration of Frazetta, thanks to everyone who has shared info and anecdotes...and to those folks who own the beautiful books posted in this thread (worship)

Sold for $4,000.

Another one just came up and sold for $1,969.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAMPIRELLA-1-Royal-Blue-CGC-9-6-SS-Signed-by-FRAZETTA-0787140006-/191939655409?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=CRc9wzBtXmaPmcu6eh9TEFTRR3s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I made a best offer and it sold for full price shortly after. Probably another missed opportunity on my part I will end up regretting.

The Vamp #5 is one of my favorite Frazetta covers. Congratulations someone. Jealous

It would be interesting to correlate prices/blue label census #s/SS census #s

The Blue foil was RMA's

I had no idea that was RMA selling.

I'm surprised, and glad, it sold for the full asking price. Anyone notice why the price was what it was...? ;)

The buyer is in another country, and was thrilled with it. It was, in my opinion, a very strong price.

My last Frazetta. Sigh.

I'm surprised, and glad, it sold for the full asking price. Anyone notice why the price was what it was...? ;)

The buyer is in another country, and was thrilled with it. It was, in my opinion, a very strong price.

My last Frazetta. Sigh.

I'm not surprised it sold for full asking price. To be honest I'm surprised it took as long as it did (which wasn't very long).

You could have gone with 2001. Would of gotten you a few more bucks. :baiting:

My last Frazetta. Sigh.

I'm not surprised it sold for full asking price. To be honest I'm surprised it took as long as it did (which wasn't very long).

Would of, huh...?

Which offer did you make? Did I respond?

My last Frazetta. Sigh.

Would of, huh...?

Which offer did you make? Did I respond?

You didn't really have a chance to respond. Very shortly after it was sold. The damn make an offer killed me. I can never resist making an offer. Definitely a mistake on my part. But at least now I have some money to spend in Baltimore next weekend.

Are all of these covers collected in any secondary source book, by any chance?

If you are asking if all of the Frazetta SS books are collected in one spot the answer is no. I think back in the beginning of this thread a few people talk about the total amount of books that may have been signed.

You can see a few here:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/SearchResults.asp

Put Frazetta in the search field.

Edited by wombat

Thanks, I was just referring to some book that collects all of his cover work like this (perhaps even the Ace/Lancer stuff). All of the Frazetta art books tend to be rather scattered in focus.

There is the Frazetta Definitive Reference. You can get the soft copy for 15-20 bucks.

frazetta_definitive_reference.jpg