• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Rockyjo3 said:

Looks like they took the image from this sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEEN-TITANS-12-CGC-9-8-SS-MIRKA-ANDOLFO-amp-STJEPAN-SEJIC-1st-Batman-who-Laughs-/352248479927?hash=item5203a540b7%3Ag%3A2PcAAOSwoRBaUEKC&nma=true&si=Yvl%2BA2ADgG3ujxIc2y2hE2kB6wI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

In total, they are charging $50. It's coming from China. I would bet they are going to get in and get out. When eBay or PayPal go looking for them they won't be able to find them and have insurance cover the costs to the buyers.

Edited by ygogolak

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

In total, they are charging $50. It's coming from China. I would bet they are going to get in and get out. When eBay or PayPal go looking for them they won't be able to find them and have insurance cover the costs to the buyers.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head, listing is removed and the seller is no longer a registered user

7 hours ago, Rockyjo3 said:

Looks like you hit the nail on the head, listing is removed and the seller is no longer a registered user

These "criminals" don't cease to amaze on their level of incompetence. They probably could have listed that for $200 and sold the same amount.

USPS First Class rates went up maybe others too, don't know them well enough to report.  I usually ship First Class 8 oz and it was a steady $2.77 for a while, now it went up 0.41 cents to $3.18.  A 15% increase.  Makes selling comics on the bay even less appetizing.

9 minutes ago, GM8 said:

USPS First Class rates went up maybe others too, don't know them well enough to report.  I usually ship First Class 8 oz and it was a steady $2.77 for a while, now it went up 0.41 cents to $3.18.  A 15% increase.  Makes selling comics on the bay even less appetizing.

I haven't made a sale in a few days, but hopefully printing your own label still gives a decent discount.

24 minutes ago, GM8 said:

Yea - everything keeps going up and people seem to want stuff cheaper.  I charge $4 to ship 1 book on E-Bay and have gotten a few complaints but with shipping going up and the mailers I use going up and e-bay taking fees from shipping charges I'll have to bump prices up to $4.25 to prevent losing money on each order.

And when ebay announced the postal price changes-- they sent out one of the most confusing charts that included a bunch of nonsense information imo. Like they were trying to justify that you were still getting a discount compared to regular retail postal rates-- and using average rates instead of just listing the new rates for each weight.

This is the chart I am referring to:

Spoiler

As you may be aware, the United States Postal Service (USPS) announced increases on shipping costs effective January 21, 2018.

As a valued eBay seller and frequent user of USPS services, we want to make you aware of these updates. An overview of the changes to eBay’s negotiated discount pricing can be found in the table below and additional savings details are available on ebay.com/usps. Once USPS increases their shipping rates, the eBay shipping calculator and discounted eBay labels rates will be updated automatically.

Class of Service

2017 Avg USPS Retail Rate

2018 Avg USPS Retail Rate

2018 Avg eBay label rate (eTRS)

2018 Avg eBay label rate (non-eTRS)

First Class Package Service®

$ 3.64

$ 4.05

$ 3.12

$ 3.12

Priority Mail®

$ 10.40

$ 10.53

$ 9.06

$ 9.32

Priority Mail Express®

$ 31.15

$ 32.34

$ 27.80

$ 28.65

First Class Package International Service®

$ 16.60

$ 17.25

$ 14.76

$ 16.39

Priority Mail International®

$ 54.03

$ 56.13

$ 46.91

$ 53.32

Priority Mail Express International™

$ 67.18

$ 69.80

$ 53.05

$ 66.31

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

11 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

And when ebay announced the postal price changes-- they sent out one of the most confusing charts that included a bunch of nonsense information imo. Like they were trying to justify that you were still getting a discount compared to regular retail postal rates-- and using average rates instead of just listing the new rates for each weight.

Hide contents

As you may be aware, the United States Postal Service (USPS) announced increases on shipping costs effective January 21, 2018.

As a valued eBay seller and frequent user of USPS services, we want to make you aware of these updates. An overview of the changes to eBay’s negotiated discount pricing can be found in the table below and additional savings details are available on ebay.com/usps. Once USPS increases their shipping rates, the eBay shipping calculator and discounted eBay labels rates will be updated automatically.

Class of Service

$ 3.64

$ 4.05

$ 3.12

$ 3.12

Priority Mail®

$ 10.40

$ 10.53

$ 9.06

$ 9.32

Priority Mail Express®

$ 31.15

$ 32.34

$ 27.80

$ 28.65

$ 16.60

$ 17.25

$ 14.76

$ 16.39

$ 54.03

$ 56.13

$ 46.91

$ 53.32

$ 67.18

$ 69.80

$ 53.05

$ 66.31

If you can't convince'em, then just confuse'em.

16 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Reveal hidden contents

Class of Service

$ 3.64

$ 4.05

$ 3.12

$ 3.12

Priority Mail®

$ 10.40

$ 10.53

$ 9.06

$ 9.32

Priority Mail Express®

$ 31.15

$ 32.34

$ 27.80

$ 28.65

$ 16.60

$ 17.25

$ 14.76

$ 16.39

$ 54.03

$ 56.13

$ 46.91

$ 53.32

$ 67.18

$ 69.80

$ 53.05

$ 66.31

It says right there, eBay price stays the SAME.

:roflmao:

30 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

Is that a real Turok #1?!

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

That's the regular version....

It's embossed foil but it's not showing up in the pic. I couldn't say to compare it to any other version of a cover but if it's "regular", so be it

12 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

That's the regular version....

yep, they are all chromium.

In my own 7th circle of ebay I have a page of art out, $275, to Italy and it is somewhere over there, last heard leaving Milan on 12/22. The buyer filed a case so I am dealing with ebay italy and my money is on hold.

1 minute ago, B2D327 said:

It's embossed foil but it's not showing up in the pic. I couldn't say to compare it to any other version of a cover but if it's "regular", so be it

Yes, that's the regular version. Weren't you the one selling one on here?

Edited by ygogolak

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, that's the regular version. Weren't you the one selling one on here?

No, never sold in the forums before. This was the first time I'd even linked an ebay sale over here. Surprised that book would even get any attention considering the other books in the pics. It just happened to be in the handful I pulled out

4 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

No, never sold in the forums before. This was the first time I'd even linked an ebay sale over here. Surprised that book would even get any attention considering the other books in the pics. It just happened to be in the handful I pulled out

Haha

Oh, so this is your listing...hm