• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,164 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I’m not sure how this is possible. I used a bubble envelope and brown outer box. I paid $21.00 for the shipping and materials. It’s impossible that this happened in transit with that packaging."

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"That is not the box I used to ship. I used a cardboard box that I paid $5.00 for and have a receipt for. The box shows no crushing that would lead to that breakage on the comic case. I will not accept the refund. 

:roflmao:

12 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:
2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I’m not sure how this is possible. I used a bubble envelope and brown outer box. I paid $21.00 for the shipping and materials. It’s impossible that this happened in transit with that packaging."

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"That is not the box I used to ship. I used a cardboard box that I paid $5.00 for and have a receipt for. The box shows no crushing that would lead to that breakage on the comic case. I will not accept the refund. 

:roflmao:

For clarity's sake, those quotes are from the seller I'm dealing with, not me personally.

10 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Yes, I caught that. It is just unbelievable, almost unbelievable. 

There's two sides to every story (shrug)

It'd be nice if the seller posted his side here.

Just now, Patriot6 said:

Yes, I caught that. It is just unbelievable, almost unbelievable. 

It's most bizarre. I've been around eBay a long time, and I've never heard that before.

"That's not the box I shipped it in!"

So, how did the item you sold me end up in a box with your name and return address on it, if you weren't the one who sent it?

Did the UPS people take his box, remove the slab from inside, put it in a UPS express box, and then take it to the local post office and use his information to print a label and then send it USPS Priority instead...?

I mean, I guess it's possible, but so far out of the realm of probable. It exposes UPS to serious liability. The account that paid for the label would tell all, I imagine. If it was shipped from his postage account, which the label can reveal, then it becomes even less remote. It looks like the postage was printed using an Endicia account. Whose? The label says, but I don't have access to that info.

And then, on top of that, how did the tracking number get entered into the seller's order details, if UPS generated the label and sent it themselves? Did they have access to his eBay account AND his Endicia account...? Did he generate the label, and then just hand it to the UPS people? If so, why didn't he put it on the "box" he claims he DID send..?

No, his story doesn't add up one bit. Entertaining to try and sleuth out, but it doesn't work.

20 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

There's two sides to every story (shrug)

It'd be nice if the seller posted his side here.

You are, where I and some others are concerned, the very essence, definition, and embodiment of the concept of "bad faith." 

You are the very reason why people should never post contact details until a case is settled, because you will interject yourself and give aid and encouragement to the guilty, at best mischaracterizing, and at worst just plain lying, mucking up any chance of equitable negotiations, just for some measure of petty vengeance.

Please stop trying to pick fights and MOVE. ALONG.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You are, where I and some others are concerned, the very essence, definition, and embodiment of the concept of "bad faith." 

You are the very reason why people should never post contact details until a case is settled, because you will interject yourself and give aid and encouragement to the guilty, at best mischaracterizing, and at worse, just plain lying, mucking up any chance of equitable negotiations, just for some measure of petty vengeance.

One of us has contacted eBay ( possibly several times ) to alert them that people are abusing their terms of service out of spite...and it ain't me.

Accusing me of doing something I have never done such as you describe above is the epitome of bad faith.

As you've said several times in the past, speak for yourself and not for "others".

Just now, Logan510 said:

One of us has contacted eBay ( possibly several times ) to alert them that people are abusing their terms of service out of spite...and it ain't me.

Accusing me of doing something I have never done such as you describe above is the epitome of bad faith.

As you've said several times in the past, speak for yourself and not for "others".

You are the very essence, definition, and embodiment of the concept of "bad faith." There is no discussing with you, because your goal is vengeance, not understanding.

Not addressing any of the salient points, shocking.

Playing the victim, not shocking.

FYI, I've never contacted anyone on eBay for the purposes of souring a negotiation as you describe.

Implying that I've done so is incredibly tasteless on your part, but not surprising in the least.

Back on ignore you go.

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

Not addressing any of the salient points, shocking.

Playing the victim, not shocking.

FYI, I've never contacted anyone on eBay for the purposes of souring a negotiation as you describe.

Implying that I've done so is incredibly tasteless on your part, but not surprising in the least.

Back on ignore you go.

You are the very essence, definition, and embodiment of the concept of "bad faith." There is no discussing with you, because your goal is vengeance, not understanding.

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's most bizarre. I've been around eBay a long time, and I've never heard that before.

"That's not the box I shipped it in!"

So, how did the item you sold me end up in a box with your name and return address on it, if you weren't the one who sent it?

Did the UPS people take his box, remove the slab from inside, put it in a UPS express box, and then take it to the local post office and use his information to print a label and then send it USPS Priority instead...?

I mean, I guess it's possible, but so far out of the realm of probable. It exposes UPS to serious liability. The account that paid for the label would tell all, I imagine. If it was shipped from his postage account, which the label can reveal, then it becomes even less remote. It looks like the postage was printed using an Endicia account. Whose? The label says, but I don't have access to that info.

And then, on top of that, how did the tracking number get entered into the seller's order details, if UPS generated the label and sent it themselves? Did they have access to his eBay account AND his Endicia account...? Did he generate the label, and then just hand it to the UPS people? If so, why didn't he put it on the "box" he claims he DID send..?

No, his story doesn't add up one bit. Entertaining to try and sleuth out, but it doesn't work.

I find it shocking when people in general not only lie, but then when caught double down on their lie. It completely throws me off. I’ve had one occasion where Fedex switched a box on a shipment from CGC, because they had crushed the box, the put it in their own boxes and threw in the broken slabs. However this sellers story seems highly unlikely as I doubt a usps carrier would have placed the original item in a padded envelope, then a ups. They could care less and just shipped the item as is, broken box and all.

Too much to read in this thread for this newbie so i'll leave a small bit of wisdom. When buying comics on eBay..... make sure it says "comes bagged and boarded" in the title. This is the 1st thing to look for. If it doesn't say it, move along.

9 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Do you want ME deciding for YOU what you should do in life? Why not? Personal freedom comes with personal responsibility. 

:popcorn:

That sounds like a personal credo. Yadda yadda yadda...tyranny.

2 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Too much to read in this thread for this newbie so i'll leave a small bit of wisdom. When buying comics on eBay..... make sure it says "comes bagged and boarded" in the title. This is the 1st thing to look for. If it doesn't say it, move along.

In the listing title? You would be leaving out a lot of better key words that people search for.

33 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I find it shocking when people in general not only lie, but then when caught double down on their lie. It completely throws me off. I’ve had one occasion where Fedex switched a box on a shipment from CGC, because they had crushed the box, the put it in their own boxes and threw in the broken slabs. However this sellers story seems highly unlikely as I doubt a usps carrier would have placed the original item in a padded envelope, then a ups. They could care less and just shipped the item as is, broken box and all.

What's even more interesting is that the slab was damaged in the padded envelope (you can see the impact crease in the envelope), AND...the padded envelope has my name and address written on it, doubtless in the seller's handwriting. So the padded envelope was part of the shipment from the beginning. 

I suspect they thought of shipping it just in the padded envelope (and who knows...it may have survived!), thought better of it, tossed it in a box, and said "Bon Voyage!"

And to most of the world, I doubt such damage would even have been noticed. It's not like the slab is broken in two, and you certainly couldn't have told just by looking at the slab inside the envelope. But in the "9.8 or bust!" world we occupy, it's obviously a very serious deal.

And we don't even know who was supposed to have "switched boxes"...UPS, or USPS! I think that this is an after-the-fact ruse to make an insurance claim, while getting the book back. Occam's razor is in play.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’ve had one occasion where Fedex switched a box on a shipment from CGC, because they had crushed the box, the put it in their own boxes and threw in the broken slabs.

This sounds interesting. Can you elaborate, please?

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

That sounds like a personal credo. Yadda yadda yadda...tyranny.

"Personal", in the manner I'm using it, doesn't mean "of or pertaining to a specific person." In the sense that I'm using it, it means "of or pertaining to a single (as in "one", not as in "unmarried") person, rather than a group of people." There's a difference in meaning there.

And the question was rhetorical. You don't want me deciding what's best for you, anymore than I want you doing it for me. It leads to abuse. In the same way, I don't want USPS to stick their noses into policing UPS boxes, because it leads to abuse. And there's a difference between telling someone what you think they should do, and actually making them do it.