• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,166 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Poka said:

@RockMyAmadeus you sure do have your share of “luck”! Perhaps @Logan510was the seller and recognized you as the buyer!:bigsmile:

I know you're joking, but that's absolutely not true. I would never intentionally wreck a transaction as a seller or a buyer because I dislike someone.

6 hours ago, Poka said:

@RockMyAmadeus you sure do have your share of “luck”! 

There's no "luck" involved. As I said earlier, these are merely the consequences of people trying to do as little as possible for the most reward, which is human nature. These sorts of things happen all day, every day...most people simply don't report them, or, in fact, even care most of the time.

As far as "Logan510" is concerned...he accused me publicly, on these boards, in late 2016, of charging him for a service in mid-2014 which he did not authorize,  defrauding him in the process. This took a long time to reveal, as "Logan510" refused to be straightforward and state what the issue was, instead choosing to make oblique, snide comments about me while I was serving a month long "strike" (this was in November of 2016) and could not defend myself.

He never mentioned a single word of dissatisfaction during and immediately after the transaction. In fact, he left a glowing post on my kudos thread, which has now been deleted.  It was there yesterday, as it had been for nearly FOUR YEARS, and today...*POOF!* I have a copy of it somewhere, but not at my fingertips. One line that stood out was "to say I'm pleased with the results would be an understatement." 

Frankly, I'm stunned that moderation would delete it, no doubt at "Logan510"'s request. 

However, I take customer service very seriously, and I was greatly bothered by the fact that I might have charged someone for a service which they did not authorize. Regardless of the opinions of some, I care very much about making and keeping satisfied customers, as my kudos thread and eBay account attest. I was about to refund "Logan510" the amount that I had charged him, had quite literally started filling in the form at Paypal, but I wanted to make sure of the correct amount...so I went through the old PM thread, and discovered that "Logan510" had, in fact, authorized the service prior to it being performed. 

I gave several board members my password, to confirm for themselves that yes, indeed, "Logan510" had not only authorized the service...the dry cleaning of 23 books...but that he was incorrect about the amount charged, which was $30...a little over $1/book for dry cleaning. He also complained that it "took a very long time" to complete, when it took four weeks from the day I received them, to the day they were finished, and another week to send to CGC.

"Logan510" no longer had access to that PM, since he had, unbeknownst to me, removed himself from it some time prior to late 2016.

"Logan510" has, to date, never admitted his "mistake", nor has he apologized for falsely accusing me of defrauding him. That is Hall of Shame behavior, in my view. Since then, he has continued a campaign of harassment, making snide comments to and about me, attempting to provoke an altercation with me, at multiple points, on multiple message boards. This thread is only the latest example. He recently received another "strike" at Voldemort's board for harassing others there.

Why did all of this have to be dragged out of him? 

Why did he not say a word in 2014 that he had a problem with any aspect of the transaction? (the answer is because he didn't, and made up the "unauthorized charges" story 2+ years later.)

So "Logan510" is hardly in a position to be accusing others of making "false allegations."

I would like for "Logan510" to simply go away and behave as if I didn't exist. I would also like his post in my kudos thread to be restored. Is that really that much to ask?

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

25 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I was once charged an additional $3.18 for shipping. Still get a headache when I think about it. 

Interesting. Is being "overcharged" on shipping costs the same thing as someone falsely accusing you of defrauding them? 

That seems to be the corollary you're drawing, here.

I have a winning bidder for an auction who is apparently paying by eCheck via paypal. Initially the estimated completion date was today, March 5th. But today it has changed to March 16th.  The auction closed on Feb 27th and the buyer has super low feedback (its positive at least) as in they have exactly one feedback.

But um...is this normal for eChecks and can I take any action other than riding it out to see if payment clears?

1 hour ago, speedcake said:

Anyone? Do eChecks usually take this long? I can't tell if I'm allowed to just cancel and relist. I assume not yet.

When I had that happen they cleared pretty quickly. Is it a quick flip book or something you can wait on? I would contact PayPal first. Then eBay and explain the circumstances.

10 hours ago, speedcake said:

ya I think it'd sell no problem if re-listed. I stupidly didn't specify a time frame for payment.  I'm not in a hurry to sell it, it'll sell , I just don't want to wait longer than I'm obligated to for a dang Echeck... like weeks apparently

E-Checks take a few days to post and are mildly annoying. To me, it is just the cost of doing business and e-check > unpaid item case.

The estimated clear date is right around the eBay invoice billing cycle so you should have the cash for your monthly payment to eBay. In the meantime just put the book off to the side and wait for the check to clear. I've never had one bounce. 

15 hours ago, FN-2199 said:

E-Checks take a few days to post and are mildly annoying. To me, it is just the cost of doing business and e-check > unpaid item case.

The estimated clear date is right around the eBay invoice billing cycle so you should have the cash for your monthly payment to eBay. In the meantime just put the book off to the side and wait for the check to clear. I've never had one bounce. 

The first and only time I used an e-check was by mistake. I didn't realize the balance in my pay pal was not sufficient to cover the payment. This is easy to miss if you are not paying attention. What happens next is eBay uses your backup method of paying for pay pal which is usually a bank account-- that takes 4 to 5 business days to process.

always check before sending payment now-- much easier to move some cash around than make someone wait for it to happen with a crummy e-check.

Edited by 01TheDude

Sorry to ask this, I know this has probably been discussed here before, but my search attempts have been unable to unlock where it's at, both here or on eBay.

How do you an eBay user's current bidding activity?

I have what I fear is a potential dead-beat thrill bidder who claimed he would need 'a few days to get money transferred over' to cover his winnings.  I'm interested to see what his bidding activity is while I await payment.

16 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Sorry to ask this, I know this has probably been discussed here before, but my search attempts have been unable to unlock where it's at, both here or on eBay.

How do you an eBay user's current bidding activity?

I have what I fear is a potential dead-beat thrill bidder who claimed he would need 'a few days to get money transferred over' to cover his winnings.  I'm interested to see what his bidding activity is while I await payment.

They took a lot of that stuff away, which is a shame.

Go to the list of bids in the auction, click on the bidders name. It will show you   the bids they made and the categories but not specifically what they bid on.

I believe that's the best you can do now. You used to be able to see bids through the advanced search, but you can only do find a "member" search, if you are looking for a bidder, and there are no links to see what they are bidding on or bid on anymore.

You rarely can see what a person bought by looking at their feedback anymore. I used to look because I usually add a bonus book when someone buys something, and I liked to see what they collected so I could match that book to their other interests (if I didn't have one that was the same kind they bought), but that's gone now, too.

I wanted to get some opinions from you guys...

About a month ago I sold a limited edition poster. When the buyer received it there was a tear in it so he wanted to return it for a full refund.

I felt really bad that I didn’t see it had a tear so I told him to keep it and gave him a full refund. The money cleared and the refund was closed on 2/26

Today the poster arrived in the mail... I don’t know why the buyer went ahead and paid money to ship it back to me after already getting a full refund. Should I ask him why he went ahead and returned it anyways, or would that come off as rude? Should I just go ahead refund him the $10 shipping he paid to return it? (Can I even do that now that the refund is closed and the PayPal transaction already shows up as being refunded?)

I just don’t know why you would pay money to return it when you’ve already been refunded. Even if you really didn’t want it. If it were me and I didn’t want to hassle with trying to sell it I would just give it to a thrift store or something. I’m assuming maybe he’s just trying to be nice/honest and show he wasn’t scamming me?

Any advice on how to handle it would be appreciated.

Edited by Rockyjo3
Formatting