• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,164 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Is there a way for us to automatically block people with private feedback?  This is the first time I encountered someone who has it.  Also, if someone does win with private feedback, can you cancel without repercussions ie, will they be able to leave any feedback about your canceling?

Only way I know is to block them manually (individually) but I have not seen anyone with private feedback for a while. All this blocking of names, IDs etc, makes it unnecessary. You cant' tell much from a buyer's feedback anymore. 

Quick question regarding selling. If I receive an offer for a book and the buyer enters the location, does it guarantee they chose the right shipping option? I have two prices, one for domestic and one for U.S. and on the offer page it is showing the Canadian shipping cost and on the confirm offer page it is showing a US zip code as the location but doesn't display how much shipping they will pay. These screenshots explain my confusion. $5.99 is the domestic cost to Canadian buyers.

IMG_20180324_201551.png

IMG_20180324_201804.png

my experience is that the shipping portion is separate from any offer-- even if the person says something like "this offer is XX amount for the item shipped" in the accompanying message-- whatever you have set up as your shipping costs will be controlled by the shipping destination-- and the price in the offer is simply for the item without shipping consideration (unless you have it set for Free Shipping). 

So whatever they do regarding shipping location, the system SHOULD charge them accordingly.

However, I can't recall ever seeing the shipping stated on an offer though it has been a while since I had an offer to deal with.

33 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

my experience is that the shipping portion is separate from any offer-- even if the person says something like "this offer is XX amount for the item shipped" in the accompanying message-- whatever you have set up as your shipping costs will be controlled by the shipping destination-- and the price in the offer is simply for the item without shipping consideration (unless you have it set for Free Shipping). 

So whatever they do regarding shipping location, the system SHOULD charge them accordingly.

However, I can't recall ever seeing the shipping stated on an offer though it has been a while since I had an offer to deal with.

Yea I am leaning towards the system pricing it based on destination but I just wish it would confirm that for me before I accept. Would not like to eat the costs and lose half the value of the offer. The shipping stated on the offer is only in the app as well, I don't see it on the desktop site. I wonder if it is just a programming oversight on the app and pulling from the listing using my current ip address.

22 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

it could also be the buyer up to some sort of shenanigans, did you check their feedback?

Yea they have perfect positive feedback over 1k so I don't think it's a scam. I suppose the only way to know for sure is accept the offer and see what happens. If ebay charges the wrong shipping I can ask the buyer for extra for shipping. If he refuses lesson learnt I guess. I have only begun selling as a long time hoarder and my first sale to the U.S.

Update: Accepted the offer and shipping was the correct amount based on the zip code, not the amount shown on the app's best offer received screen.

Edited by Couchy81

Saw this and though it was funny:

"Shipping to: Worldwide

Excludes: Middle East, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, Mexico, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Congo, Republic of the, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon Republic, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan Republic, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Greece, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Ukraine"

So, essentially they'll ship all over the world, except Central and South America, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Africa, most of Asia, and a good chunk of Europe.
But hey, France is good to go!
lol

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

app coupon up now until 11 am PT 15% off max $100

App Exclusive!
15% Off $50+

Today only, until 11am PT! Download the app and
save with code PGETTHEAPP. Max $100 discount.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

app coupon up now until 11 am PT 15% off max $100

App Exclusive!
15% Off $50+

Today only, until 11am PT! Download the app and
save with code PGETTHEAPP. Max $100 discount.

Can you please start a new thread?

33 minutes ago, jcjames said:
On 3/29/2018 at 9:36 PM, MusterMark said:

Hi all,

Does any one know anything about this buyer:  username detective027 (name:  Greg Milin, in New York City).

He's trying to (probably trying to) "switch out" a slab he already owned for the slab he bought from me.  My slab has the same CGC grade (9.0) as his pre-owned slab but has better page quality and superior color on the cover (supposedly).

This is what he wrote today in his "return request":

Hello, The-book-sent-to-me-and-delivered-today-is-the-wrong-book-and-is-significantly-Different-and-of-Inferior-Quality. It-is-not-the-item-I-Purchased. The-Photos-don t-match-and-the-CGC-serial-number-is-Different. Serial-number-of-item-I-purchased-is-CGC#1248107008 with-white-pages-and-crisp-colors-as-seen-in-listing. The-Item-Received-is-serial-number-CGC#1449154010 with-off-white-pages-and-faded-cover-in-photo-attached. I-have-attached-a-photo-of-the-item-you-shipped-me. It-is-significantly-inferior. It s-not-the-item-I-purchased. Please-Refund-my-money-asap-or-send-me-the-correct-book. You-can-have-FedEx-or-UPS-pick-up-the-book-sent-to-me-in-error. thank-you Greg Greg-Milin detective027

Thanks!

Scum.

Is the one you sold him a book YOU submitted to CGC? If so, there's your paper-trail to prove he's a lying scumsucking thief!

Yes, I did submit it myself and I do have that paper trial.  But doesn’t it still come down to his word or mine because he’s claiming I didn’t send him this slab but another one?  It’s frustrating.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:40 PM, MusterMark said:

Hi Sharon,

Do you know what the incentive is?  Thanks.

I don't remember specifically Asif, but there is a webinar. I don't even KNOW if they have specifics, but they made a big deal about how that is what they are aiming for.

I did see a video where they were assuring sellers they are working to stop fraud, but when I looked just now, this is all I found and that is not good in your case. Frankly, I'd call security and explain what is going on. I think you would get your best response that way. 

This month eBay sellers are discovering two new features: automatic acceptance of returns and less than full refunds. Previously outlined in the 2017 Fall Seller Update and on eBay for Business, these updates can increase your efficiency and make returns easier to manage.

Automatic Acceptance of Returns When Buyer Pays Shipping

Our new feature--automatic acceptance of returns--simplifies the returns process.

If your policy requires the buyer to pay for return shipping in cases of buyer remorse, requests for returns are accepted automatically and we’ll provide the buyer with a return shipping label. This only occurs when you’re OK with a buyer paying to ship back an item they no longer want.

If you’re responsible for the cost of return shipping, you still have three business days to provide your own return label before one will be automatically sent to the buyer. This occurs if you offer free returns or if the buyer has an issue with an item.

No return requests are automatically accepted for items that have no returns.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I did see a video where they were assuring sellers they are working to stop fraud, but when I looked just now, this is all I found and that is not good in your case. Frankly, I'd call security and explain what is going on. I think you would get your best response that way. 

This month eBay sellers are discovering two new features: automatic acceptance of returns and less than full refunds. Previously outlined in the 2017 Fall Seller Update and on eBay for Business, these updates can increase your efficiency and make returns easier to manage.

Automatic Acceptance of Returns When Buyer Pays Shipping

Our new feature--automatic acceptance of returns--simplifies the returns process.

If your policy requires the buyer to pay for return shipping in cases of buyer remorse, requests for returns are accepted automatically and we’ll provide the buyer with a return shipping label. This only occurs when you’re OK with a buyer paying to ship back an item they no longer want.

If you’re responsible for the cost of return shipping, you still have three business days to provide your own return label before one will be automatically sent to the buyer. This occurs if you offer free returns or if the buyer has an issue with an item.

No return requests are automatically accepted for items that have no returns.

Thanks so much, Sharon. I appreciate it. 

On 3/30/2018 at 10:56 PM, jcjames said:

Scum.

Is the one you sold him a book YOU submitted to CGC? If so, there's your paper-trail to prove he's a lying scumsucking thief!

I deleted my original post, because it turns out that I was the one who sent out the wrong comic, inadvertently.  Egg on my face.  I feel terrible. 

:tonofbricks: