• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,164 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2018 at 10:28 AM, DiamondCityComics said:

I'm sure there is nothing I can do about this except just let you guys know to never allow tenofusvsyou ever buy from you on ebay.  Long story short I sold an ASM 301 to this low life.  I had a cancellation on a 101 so I did in fact screw up and firgot to ship it.  7 days later I was given a negative comment.  I contacted him and explained what happened and told him the book was shipped.  He got it so 3 days after that I asked if he would remove the feedback.   He said give me $15 bucks and I'll remove it.  I said no, contacted ebay showing them the bribe remark from him and they removed it.  He then filed a claim saying it was damaged and wanted a$15 partial refund.  Obviously he was just mad that I didnt take the bribe.   I contacted ebay and they said there is no way to prove it wasnt damaged so they granted him the return.  I was like whatever just send it back and get this over with.  Well this is what I got today.

20180901_102634.jpg

20180901_102639.jpg

20180901_102658.jpg

If we had an eBay huckster hall of fame I’d nominate this guy.  To disrespect Betty and Veronica that way. 

On 9/1/2018 at 10:28 AM, DiamondCityComics said:

I'm sure there is nothing I can do about this except just let you guys know to never allow tenofusvsyou ever buy from you on ebay.  Long story short I sold an ASM 301 to this low life.  I had a cancellation on a 101 so I did in fact screw up and firgot to ship it.  7 days later I was given a negative comment.  I contacted him and explained what happened and told him the book was shipped.  He got it so 3 days after that I asked if he would remove the feedback.   He said give me $15 bucks and I'll remove it.  I said no, contacted ebay showing them the bribe remark from him and they removed it.  He then filed a claim saying it was damaged and wanted a$15 partial refund.  Obviously he was just mad that I didnt take the bribe.   I contacted ebay and they said there is no way to prove it wasnt damaged so they granted him the return.  I was like whatever just send it back and get this over with.  Well this is what I got today.

20180901_102634.jpg

20180901_102639.jpg

20180901_102658.jpg

UGH, this is why I hate selling on ebay.  how do I add this fool on the block list?

On 9/1/2018 at 9:18 PM, DiamondCityComics said:

Hard to believe someone could be that pathetic but that's the world we live in.    I contacted Ebay and they are not taking money from me but unfortunately they said he may get his money back from them.  Shouldn't annoy me as much as it is but here's hoping he gets his eventually!!!

If you had taken photos of the comic before you sent it, would that have proven the fraud?

9 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
On 9/1/2018 at 6:18 PM, DiamondCityComics said:

Hard to believe someone could be that pathetic but that's the world we live in.    I contacted Ebay and they are not taking money from me but unfortunately they said he may get his money back from them.  Shouldn't annoy me as much as it is but here's hoping he gets his eventually!!!

If you had taken photos of the comic before you sent it, would that have proven the fraud?

The listing should show pics of the book. What's the listing?

This weekend I got my first Neg in two years. :frown: 

I must have been asleep while grading a >$5 book and listed it wrong (mistakes happen when grading comics between 4:00 - 5:00 am with one eye on the baby monitor). I never dispute differences in grading opinions, I  automatically accept the return. I just get bummed when I get a Neg-first buyer who doesn't even try to return or work something out. I would have sent a replacement free, or refunded, or something. This was an easy fix. Now I have to use the reply to the Neg as an advertisement to future buyers that I accept returns if unsatisfied. Only other Neg was worked out with refund on a >$20 book. 

Not dishing out on the buyer, just bummed. :facepalm: 

1 hour ago, FN-2199 said:

I must have been asleep while grading a >$5 book and listed it wrong (mistakes happen when grading comics between 4:00 - 5:00 am with one eye on the baby monitor). I never dispute differences in grading opinions, I  automatically accept the return. I just get bummed when I get a Neg-first buyer who doesn't even try to return or work something out. I would have sent a replacement free, or refunded, or something. This was an easy fix. Now I have to use the reply to the Neg as an advertisement to future buyers that I accept returns if unsatisfied. Only other Neg was worked out with refund on a >$20 book. 

Contact the buyer and explain your return policy and hopefully they will go with the return and remove their negative feedback.  It doesn't always work but most of the time people just don't know they can return an item if they are not happy.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Contact the buyer and explain your return policy and hopefully they will go with the return and remove their negative feedback.  It doesn't always work but most of the time people just don't know they can return an item if they are not happy.

Right. I contacted the buyer this morning and offered to accept a return or work it out. No word yet. Feels like this one will stick but such is life. Not sure how much weight future buyers put on a Neg over a $3 comic. 

On 9/5/2018 at 12:36 AM, wombat said:

What do you think of this listing? Clearly the title is referencing a CGC grade book, but that is not what is being sold. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conan-the-Barbarian-Marvel-24-1973-CGC-9-6-1497315030/283128898197

Probably just a mistake in not editing a listing they were reusing (they remembered to edit the description but not the title), or does ebay copying title if you click on the "sell one like this" button?

Dont think it's an intentional deception....

21 hours ago, FN-2199 said:

That sucks.

I've only ever left negative feedback prior to contacting the seller if it was a big mistake on a small order. For example, I bought 2 copies of a single card on TCGplayer, and the seller only shipped 1... Had the order been 10+ different cards, like I usually order, a small screw-up isn't a big deal. If you screw up a quantity on 1 card, that's really crappy business IMO.

Subjective grading is something that, as a buyer, I couldn't hold against the seller unless you're saying it's a 9.0 and it looks like a 1.0. Even then, I personally have no idea how to grade books yet... Hopefully the buyer gives you a chance to rectify this small potato.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

That sucks.

I've only ever left negative feedback prior to contacting the seller if it was a big mistake on a small order. For example, I bought 2 copies of a single card on TCGplayer, and the seller only shipped 1... Had the order been 10+ different cards, like I usually order, a small screw-up isn't a big deal. If you screw up a quantity on 1 card, that's really crappy business IMO.

Subjective grading is something that, as a buyer, I couldn't hold against the seller unless you're saying it's a 9.0 and it looks like a 1.0. Even then, I personally have no idea how to grade books yet... Hopefully the buyer gives you a chance to rectify this small potato.

Yeah, I just gave another refund to a buyer this morning over a difference in opinion on how to grade a comic with a printer's crease. At least he contacted me first. What can you do when that flaw is common to that issue? I couldn't send him a replacement because my other copies also had the printer's crease. 

3 hours ago, FN-2199 said:

Yeah, I just gave another refund to a buyer this morning over a difference in opinion on how to grade a comic with a printer's crease. At least he contacted me first. What can you do when that flaw is common to that issue? I couldn't send him a replacement because my other copies also had the printer's crease. 

It is a bummer when buyers jump the gun and go directly to the negative. Mistakes happen. I once sold a book that had the center two wraps missing. I totally missed this as it came from a group of books I bought to fill some holes in my run and this one was not as good as my current copy.

The buyer reached and told me about it-- I apologized and just told he could keep the book and gave him a full refund on it. He also had bought a few other books and was satisfied with my response-- gave me positives across the board.

I've been lucky so far though-- I've had a couple who were angling for some cash back on their purchases because they failed to read the description correctly. Other times when the shipment was damaged -- they sent me pictures and I immediately sent them a refund and said they can keep/discard the item as they saw fit.

You would think the guy -- after getting a refund - would maybe consider changing their negative to neutral or positive. And if not-- I would consider blocking them going forward for being too quick on the neg trigger.

I get harassed by a few ebay members that change their accounts or have multiple accounts...

Why can't a buyers real name be displayed to me when a question is asked through Ebay messaging ?

I'm going to see their shipping info if they buy/win it anyway...

So why does Ebay let rude/lonely people to hide in the shadows?

#Venttherage #whatever

A  question for the ebay gurus ...

I recently cancelled a transaction. I may be overly cautious (and inviting criticism), but I don't like selling to 0 feedback members. So when a $260 dollar book recently sold to a 0 feedback member (who registered the day before), I cancelled it. My question is ... should I wait a certain amount of time before relisting it?