• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, evilskip said:

Put in your listing no buyers with less than 10 positive feedbacks. Zero feedback buyers (and sellers) make me nervous as hell.

Does this fly? Can you simply write in the body of the listing your restrictions and they're binding (eBay will back you)? I always wanted to be more selective on who my buyers are but eBay has limited options...

Has anyone been having issues with turbo Lister?  For me, it's been randomly nuking some of my listing pictures, where I'd have 5, all the same resolution, but pictures 1,2 and 5 would get deleted, and picture 3 would become my listing picture.  Oh, also it happened on a update where I changed some prices and did a sync.

I only noticed because I got alerts on a couple of listings where it removed all my pictures.

For about a year now it hasn't let me upload full resolution pics, but this was something new and unexpected.

I thought I had an issue with my viewability being down since my offers and sales have completely fallen off the table this month but it looks like it's the low season for pretty much everyone.  Can't remember it being this slow in awhile.

On 9/15/2018 at 6:03 PM, Callaway29 said:

Does this fly? Can you simply write in the body of the listing your restrictions and they're binding (eBay will back you)? I always wanted to be more selective on who my buyers are but eBay has limited options...

I have seen it on quite a few listings. Whether or not ebay will back you up on it is another story. Again, I haven't sold anything on ebay since 2008, and things have changed in that time frame.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:41 PM, Gaard said:

A  question for the ebay gurus ...

I recently cancelled a transaction. I may be overly cautious (and inviting criticism), but I don't like selling to 0 feedback members. So when a $260 dollar book recently sold to a 0 feedback member (who registered the day before), I cancelled it. My question is ... should I wait a certain amount of time before relisting it?

On 9/15/2018 at 5:41 PM, evilskip said:

Put in your listing no buyers with less than 10 positive feedbacks. Zero feedback buyers (and sellers) make me nervous as hell.

On 9/15/2018 at 7:03 PM, Callaway29 said:

Account / Site Preferences / Buyer Requirements:

Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them

Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought 1 of my items in the last 10 days.

Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 5 or lower.

On 9/17/2018 at 7:17 AM, 1Cool said:

I thought I had an issue with my viewability being down since my offers and sales have completely fallen off the table this month but it looks like it's the low season for pretty much everyone.  Can't remember it being this slow in awhile.

I had a nice burst over the weekend. Just when I think things are slowing down, I get a burst of sales. I need to get some more stuff listed though...I have so many small dollar items, I'm close to just unloading at an LCS. 

25 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, SerialGrape said:

kermitspadcomics

Horrible grading

whenever I see ‘strict’ in the title I just keep going

They came on here a couple of times and got run-off

All you have to do is look at their scans in comparison to the alleged grades - just terrible grading.

On 9/16/2018 at 12:07 AM, Pete Marino said:

Has anyone been having issues with turbo Lister?  For me, it's been randomly nuking some of my listing pictures, where I'd have 5, all the same resolution, but pictures 1,2 and 5 would get deleted, and picture 3 would become my listing picture.  Oh, also it happened on a update where I changed some prices and did a sync.

I only noticed because I got alerts on a couple of listings where it removed all my pictures.

For about a year now it hasn't let me upload full resolution pics, but this was something new and unexpected.

I recently had to restart my PC from scratch and reload a lot of software. I looked for a copy of Turbo Lister in my download file and could not find it. I then went to Ebay to get a new copy, and found they no longer offer Turbo Lister. My guess is if they dont offer it anymore the support for it would be minimal.

1 hour ago, kav said:

I really wish they would STOP MAKING FRIDGE MAGNETS OF COMIC COVERS!!!!  Clutters up ebay like crazy! :pullhair:

I gotta admit, I fell for it a couple of years ago. My son was standing next to me when I opened it, so I had to act like it was exactly what I wanted. (It was just a stupid Thor magnet. The issue where he's a frog.)

Just now, Gaard said:

I gotta admit, I fell for it a couple of years ago. My son was standing next to me when I opened it, so I had to act like it was exactly what I wanted. (It was just a stupid Thor magnet. The issue where he's a frog.)

:pullhair:

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I bought the Tec 164 Fridge magnet.  It's a fantastic cover and I own a copy of the book.  Perfect excuse to show off the fridge magnets !  

IMG_5975.JPG

IMG_5976.JPG

IMG_5977.JPG

I love the comic cover fridge magnets, too. They're neat little pieces of art that you can look at without having to worry about damaging them.

:D

I accepted my first partial refund today. I swore I would never do it, but he wanted me to send everything back to him, crushed box and all. Being the lazy slob that I am, I didn't want the hassle of finding a big enough box to fit everything and then waiting in line at the post office, so when he offered a partial, I accepted. Now I feel slimy.

3 hours ago, Gaard said:

I accepted my first partial refund today. I swore I would never do it, but he wanted me to send everything back to him, crushed box and all. Being the lazy slob that I am, I didn't want the hassle of finding a big enough box to fit everything and then waiting in line at the post office, so when he offered a partial, I accepted. Now I feel slimy.

It's not slimy if the seller requests it.  In that situation its just being decent and saving both people trouble.