• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Not bad... that copy just doesn’t grab me. 

2jmmo6.jpg

How do people feel about promoted listings? I typically knock my prices down on 30 day auctions after 10-15 days have passed, especially if it has hits but no watchers. Today I decided to switch it up and I am using the promoted listings instead of dropping the price. So on a lot for $200 rather than drop it $20, I used the promoted listings, which will charge me that same $20 should it sell. My take and the buyers price are the same but ebay gets much more for the sale. The cynic in me says that this will sell the items, the system is rigged, right? we'll see.

Edited by Bird

I tried it for a bit with a couple items (Giant Sized X-men 1 and some Venom Protector sets) and they all sold very quickly.  I also think its a great idea if you have a store since the additional views could push people to check out your other listings.  Hope it works well!

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

E-Bay bucks are now available for those that earned them over the last 3 months.  Coupled with another 10% e-bay buck promotion makes it a good time to buy.

Is there another 10 percent ebay buck promotion?

It was in an Ebay email, but from what I read, it was only on select items....for ebay bucks...

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

E-Bay bucks are now available for those that earned them over the last 3 months.  Coupled with another 10% e-bay buck promotion makes it a good time to buy.

Is there another 10 percent ebay buck promotion?

It was in an Ebay email, but from what I read, it was only on select items....for ebay bucks...

It appears that "collectibles" was part of the select items.... you'll have to check you ebay messages to activate :foryou: 

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

dang... so if I didnt' get a message... I"m screwed?

edit: yes it is only activated via email 

when you signed up for ebay bucks did you click the box to where you would get emails for promotions? It may be worth seeing if that box is checked/unchecked....

I'm searching the sale, but only the BIN items say that the ebay bucks will be 10% when it estimates before you buy and the only BIN's are for Bowen statues...... there are a lot of auctions but I'm not sure any end in the 48hours of the promotion...

Now might be the best time to check that box, it's not too late...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Dang, i found the link online but I got "

THIS OFFER CAN'T BE ACTIVATED

You are not qualified for this offe"

Well that stinks :( 

On the other hand, I see now that it does get you 10% ebay bucks for the auctions in the select hand picked collectibles....which end Sunday....

My guess is the 15% off coupon won't show up until after this promotion ends so :wishluck: maybe that will help estimate when that hits... idk

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
13 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Dang, i found the link online but I got "

THIS OFFER CAN'T BE ACTIVATED

You are not qualified for this offe"

Well that stinks :( 

On the other hand, I see now that it does get you 10% ebay bucks for the auctions in the select hand picked collectibles....which end Sunday....

My guess is the 15% off coupon won't show up until after this promotion ends so :wishluck: maybe that will help estimate when that hits... idk

Hey Wolverinex.....It's a bit awkward but thought I'd try and be thorough:

The auctions don't end until Sunday and it says currently that I would earn 10% ebay bucks, but I went back to the activation page and that says the offer ends on the 11th this week..

SO I'm not sure "IF" a %off coupon could hit the 12th or after Sunday, just thought I'd try to be as concise as possible lol :foryou: 

I actually got The Man of Steel #1 yesterday to complete the Vol. 2 run. I love it when a seller ships a single raw reader so protected. Had cardboard + "Fragile"/"Do Not Bend" about 15 times on the envelope.

I think I paid $6 total for the comic and shipping from Florida.

Is that DC #474 in a slab!? Because it looks "protected" to some degree based on the thickness of the package. I would think a raw survives this?

Idea for eBay to start clearing out stale merchandise, and also help realize actual value for some of these crazy sellers:

All BIN listings are also Best Offer listings, set at 30 days.

If the item does not sell as a BIN, at the end of the 30 days the highest offer during that time period "wins" the item. If that person passes, it keeps going down the line. If there is no offer, item is moved to a 7 day auction with a $0.99 start.

Is this something E-Bay would force on sellers?  A lot of sellers are really in no hurry to sell books for lower then top dollar so forcing them to do much is not going to go over well.  

On 9/15/2018 at 1:41 PM, Gaard said:

A  question for the ebay gurus ...

I recently cancelled a transaction. I may be overly cautious (and inviting criticism), but I don't like selling to 0 feedback members. So when a $260 dollar book recently sold to a 0 feedback member (who registered the day before), I cancelled it. My question is ... should I wait a certain amount of time before relisting it?

It's been over a month, so I think I made the right decision. The buyer doesn't seem to be active anymore - he(or she) received 1 feedback the day after I cancelled, but hasn't received any since.

Does anyone get decent offers late at night?  I usually wake up to 3 or 4 simply terrible offers that I decline.  Each and every day.