• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2018 at 3:34 PM, Pizzafist said:

Um...send it CGC !

That's what I wish the seller would do; if I had wanted to I would have done it.  By the way, someone alerted him to the fact he was brought up in this thread (or he came across it); he has tried to bring this here thread up within the eBay return case thread.  He may well prevail but I don't see how that will help.

14 minutes ago, Heronext said:

That's what I wish the seller would do; if I had wanted to I would have done it.  By the way, someone alerted him to the fact he was brought up in this thread (or he came across it); he has tried to bring this here thread up within the eBay return case thread.  He may well prevail but I don't see how that will help.

Why does he need to bring it up if you are agreeing to the return?

I hope he sees that I had a negative experience with him and have taken my business elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Why does he need to bring it up if you are agreeing to the return?

I hope he sees that I had a negative experience with him and have taken my business elsewhere.

I agreed with people here that a return is the best course of action because of the headaches otherwise involved, but I have not yet agreed to it on eBay.  I will see how it plays out for a couple days. Then, I will probably refund the $450 and let him keep the book.

11 minutes ago, Heronext said:

I agreed with people here that a return is the best course of action because of the headaches otherwise involved, but I have not yet agreed to it on eBay.  I will see how it plays out for a couple days. Then, I will probably refund the $450 and let him keep the book.

That's really generous of you.  Just have him ship it back... why not?

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

That's really generous of you.  Just have him ship it back... why not?

It's not generosity, it's principle.  He owns the book.  I've offered partial refunds twice.

I'd apparently have to pay for return shipping.  If he wants to ship it back he can do so at his own expense.

Edited by Heronext

3 minutes ago, Heronext said:

It's not generosity, it's principle.  He owns the book.  I've offered partial refunds twice.

I'd apparently have to pay for return shipping.  If he wants to ship it back he can do so at his own expense.

I'm confused.. so you sold the 400 book to him and he wants to send it back?  or is it the other way around?  

Just now, Wolverinex said:

I'm confused.. so you sold the 400 book to him and he wants to send it back?  or is it the other way around?  

sold him the 400 book to him and he wants to send it back... I'd have to pay for HIS return shipping.  It's automatic. apparently - if I accept the return through eBay's site, it says I'll pay for the return shipping.

Just now, Heronext said:

sold him the 400 book to him and he wants to send it back... I'd have to pay for HIS return shipping.  It's automatic. apparently - if I accept the return through eBay's site, it says I'll pay for the return shipping.

So pay  the shipping  and then you get your 400 dollar book back?  isn't it cheaper for you to resell the 400 dollar book and pay for shipping .

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

So pay  the shipping  and then you get your 400 dollar book back?  isn't it cheaper for you to resell the 400 dollar book and pay for shipping .

Actually it was $450.  So for one thing, I'm not out that amount by letting him keep it, but the amount I paid for the book a couple years ago.  And there's no guarantee I could sell it again for $450.  You're right, the return shipping cost would be maybe $10-$15. It's principle.  My description was thorough and had all the information an experienced comic buyer needs to make a decision on whether to bid or not, including the terms "sold as-is".  If he mis-read the description, he should admit his mistake and keep the book.  I've done it many times before.  He bought the book.  I don't want it back.  And I will likely not sell a book like this again on eBay or anywhere else.  I don't think I even have any others like this.

Edited by Heronext

6 hours ago, marmat said:

I have a question about returns.

I accepted a return from a buyer on Oct 24th. Since I am in Spain and the buyer is in the USA, I can not buy a return label for him. Ebay has the option to click "I can not purchase the shipping label".

To this day, I didn't receive the item back, I didn't even receive the return shipping information. But ebay issued the refund to the buyer yesterday.

I thought that the buyer have to send proof of the return in order to have the refund. 

So now I am missing my comics and the money. What did I do wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

Yikes.. that is awful...

7 hours ago, marmat said:

I have a question about returns.

I accepted a return from a buyer on Oct 24th. Since I am in Spain and the buyer is in the USA, I can not buy a return label for him. Ebay has the option to click "I can not purchase the shipping label".

To this day, I didn't receive the item back, I didn't even receive the return shipping information. But ebay issued the refund to the buyer yesterday.

I thought that the buyer have to send proof of the return in order to have the refund. 

So now I am missing my comics and the money. What did I do wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

I would call eBay and ask. It might be a simple fix, at least I hope so for you. 

5 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

How long do you wait for payment before filing a claim? It looks like I have a non-paying buyer on my hands (day 3 with no communication)...and it was for a no reserve auction with 28 bids and nearly 60 watchers, stings. eBay sent him a reminder, and I sent an invoice.

I wait 3 days and then send another invoice.  If I don't get payment in 6 days (or at least a message asking for more time) then i file the non-payment claim.  E-Bay makes me wait 4 days before getting my fees back so the buyer gets 10 days to pay.

39 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I wait 3 days and then send another invoice.  If I don't get payment in 6 days (or at least a message asking for more time) then i file the non-payment claim.  E-Bay makes me wait 4 days before getting my fees back so the buyer gets 10 days to pay.

Thanks. Of course he has 100% feedback...eBay has GOT to stop shielding buyers from responsibility. :pullhair:

22 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Thanks. Of course he has 100% feedback...eBay has GOT to stop shielding buyers from responsibility. :pullhair:

Not to say yours is the case but I find my issues multiply by 5x when I do auctions.  People backing out of purchases - people saying the dog put their bid in for them.  Very, very rarely have issues with BIN buyers and most pay within minutes of buying items.