• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, postersandstuff said:

Philly police going after Coaches Corner now for fake autographs ?

If this is the same guy I read about it is more about him using another person's ebay account for his scam, which is aggravated identity theft. I doubt they would have gotten involved without that part of the story.

I used the 10% coupon last night and this morning got an interesting message from the seller. Here it is

Thank you for your purchase,

To show our appreciation we'd like to offer you 50% off any 1 item priced at $40 or less OR 30% off any 1 additional item of any price, to be combined/shipped for free with your current order.

Just use offer code "COMBINE" in the "make an offer" comments section with any other offer and make the offer for 50% or 30% less than the current asking price and we'll accept & combine the shipment for no additional shipping charge.

This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.

Have a great day!

It worked. I got a low grade copy of Wilbur as well.

3 hours ago, Bird said:

I used the 10% coupon last night and this morning got an interesting message from the seller. Here it is

Thank you for your purchase,

To show our appreciation we'd like to offer you 50% off any 1 item priced at $40 or less OR 30% off any 1 additional item of any price, to be combined/shipped for free with your current order.

Just use offer code "COMBINE" in the "make an offer" comments section with any other offer and make the offer for 50% or 30% less than the current asking price and we'll accept & combine the shipment for no additional shipping charge.

This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.

Have a great day!

It worked. I got a low grade copy of Wilbur as well.

Wow, that was a sweet bonus.

5 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Wow, that was a sweet bonus.

yeah, and it worked. They didn't check the offer and shipped the first order but I conacted them and they made it good, removing the s/h for this one and accepting the offer.

$15 from my paypal balance that I got from my sales thread here last week makes it a nice buy

s-l1600.jpg

Question, is it possible to have feedback but not a feedback percentage? I’ve come across a few sellers on eBay where this is the case. I clicked on their feedback and there were no notes.

Dont get how that’s possible, maybe fake accounts? Picture enclosed of one.

E6466730-5712-4E6A-B3E7-A83B9864C06B.jpeg

Edited by rogue14
Pic

On 12/1/2018 at 12:04 PM, rogue14 said:

Question, is it possible to have feedback but not a feedback percentage? I’ve come across a few sellers on eBay where this is the case. I clicked on their feedback and there were no notes.

Dont get how that’s possible, maybe fake accounts? Picture enclosed of one.

Think the % is calculated only on feedback from either last 6 months or last 12 months only. So if they don't have any feedback recently, percentage will be 0%, but you can still look through their past feedback

On 12/4/2018 at 1:03 PM, CKinTO said:

Think the % is calculated only on feedback from either last 6 months or last 12 months only. So if they don't have any feedback recently, percentage will be 0%, but you can still look through their past feedback

Thanks! That makes since. 

man oh man! Ebay suckered me in with 100 free auction listings and I have a ton of stuff ending in the morning with 1-3 watchers that will likely go for a song. Given, I paid only a few lines of lyrics for them, so a song will be okay profit but a Marshall Rogers portfolio with all 4 plates signed waiting for one bid of $15 is going to be a deal for someone. (One of y'all maybe even?)

Maybe someone will buy the records or books? Probably not. Just the comics ma'am, just the comics.

6 hours ago, the blob said:

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does this CGC 8.0 Star Wars 1 really have its bottom corner missing?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1-CGC-8-0-VF-1st-Printing/163405803833?hash=item260bbeb139%3Ag%3A7oEAAOSwWrxcAKHd&LH_Auction=1

It looks like the cover overhangs the interior pages a bit and it is cut off (or folded? doubt CGC would leave it that way when encapsulating). It's an 8.0 so a generous grade for such a defect imho.

Sometimes I wonder if some sellers on ebay really want to sell their books. I contacted three sellers on 12/7 asking if their cgc books I was interested in had Newton Rings. Two responded within an hour with details. The last one had two (both books were over $200 each) and said he would get back to me later that night. Still waiting.(shrug)

Needless to say I bought a book from one of the answering sellers and may buy one from the other.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:03 PM, evilskip said:

Sometimes I wonder if some sellers on ebay really want to sell their books. I contacted three sellers on 12/7 asking if their cgc books I was interested in had Newton Rings. Two responded within an hour with details. The last one had two (both books were over $200 each) and said he would get back to me later that night. Still waiting.(shrug)

Needless to say I bought a book from one of the answering sellers and may buy one from the other.

Wives yell at husbands to do stuff in the house and it frazzled their brains and they forget other stuff. That's what happens to me. 

I noticed a few people running 50 and 99 cent auctions with free shipping or 99 cent shipping. Is this just something where every week a few new sellers think this is a good way to unload junk, lose a bunch of money, and realize you can't offer free shipping on 99 cent books? Because I look at the sales and there is just no way to make money unless one person wins 50 auctions and they ship media.

6 hours ago, the blob said:

I noticed a few people running 50 and 99 cent auctions with free shipping or 99 cent shipping. Is this just something where every week a few new sellers think this is a good way to unload junk, lose a bunch of money, and realize you can't offer free shipping on 99 cent books? Because I look at the sales and there is just no way to make money unless one person wins 50 auctions and they ship media.

Free/cheap shipping gives buyers a major woody.

I'll be honest - it gives me a half-chub. I'll pay $20 w/free shipping before I pay $19 with $0.99 shipping on principle alone.

7 hours ago, the blob said:

You don't see these stay up and running very long unless they have quality stuff that will bring in the bidders.  Way too much risk with very little chance of reward especially since I bet a ton of people buy 1 or two books and the shipping eats all the profits.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:48 AM, TwoPiece said:

Free/cheap shipping gives buyers a major woody.

I'll be honest - it gives me a half-chub. I'll pay $20 w/free shipping before I pay $19 with $0.99 shipping on principle alone.

These were not items that will get into bidding wars. These will get 1 bid, maybe

On 12/19/2018 at 8:24 AM, 1Cool said:

You don't see these stay up and running very long unless they have quality stuff that will bring in the bidders.  Way too much risk with very little chance of reward especially since I bet a ton of people buy 1 or two books and the shipping eats all the profits.

Thats what I am thinking. It is a big country and all it takes is a few people a month not realizing most drek will get one bid, at most, getting burned and not making the same mistake, but it probably creates the impression among some buyers that these are books sellers should pay you to take (which is what happens when you sell a book for 99 cents that costs at least $1.50 to ship, even media rate (I am not familiar with media nowadays, I know I used to be able to ship comics for $1.43 media)

I had a guy make an offer to me very early in the morning ( I slept in late ) and after only a few hours he messages me nagging for some kind of response. I counter offered his lowball offer with a price commensurate with FMV. He counters again with a message that said "let's do this, I will pay immediately". I declined the offer and he messages me again telling me how I've lost "thousands of dollars in future sales" because I declined his offer lol

I basically told him to have a Happy Holiday and went about my day...I'm just always a little amused when buyers get like that and treat me like I'll be going to the poorhouse if I don't sell them the book they want.